homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » How do you get girls to like you (Page 4)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 
Author Topic: How do you get girls to like you
Mercy
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4303

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2005 20:40      Profile for Mercy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest complimenting her. But don't say stupid compliments of course. Don't be like, "Hehe, I like your hair.". Notice the small things, look at her eyes, does she have an interesting color pattern in them? If she does tell her so. The small things make a bigger impact then the big things do. And, one more thing, actually listen and remember what she says, even if it seems like the most random un-needed comment. That would be my getting girls to like you advice. ^_^

--------------------
I am teh cat girl, rawr~
Maybe this world is another planets hell - Aldous Huxley

Posts: 17 | From: The Great Canadian Boonies | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dauthúr
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3247

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 02:23      Profile for Dauthúr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mercy:
I'd suggest complimenting her. But don't say stupid compliments of course. Don't be like, "Hehe, I like your hair.". Notice the small things, look at her eyes, does she have an interesting color pattern in them? If she does tell her so. The small things make a bigger impact then the big things do. And, one more thing, actually listen and remember what she says, even if it seems like the most random un-needed comment. That would be my getting girls to like you advice. ^_^

What I've found to be a sure win in the field of girl-getting is knowing the joke behind the name C++. Then again, the girls I'm interested in usually laugh when a joke is made that includes the phrase "-4 Charisma".

--------------------
Take off every 'Sig'. You know what you doing

For great justice.

Posts: 18 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 19:36      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dauthúr:
quote:
Originally posted by Mercy:
I'd suggest complimenting her. But don't say stupid compliments of course. Don't be like, "Hehe, I like your hair.". Notice the small things, look at her eyes, does she have an interesting color pattern in them? If she does tell her so. The small things make a bigger impact then the big things do. And, one more thing, actually listen and remember what she says, even if it seems like the most random un-needed comment. That would be my getting girls to like you advice. ^_^

What I've found to be a sure win in the field of girl-getting is knowing the joke behind the name C++. Then again, the girls I'm interested in usually laugh when a joke is made that includes the phrase "-4 Charisma".
You date aliens?
/me ducks

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 19:41      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
You date aliens?
/me ducks

Yeah, most of the aliens I know don't even buy me a drink before getting straight to the probing.

/what?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dauthúr
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3247

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2005 22:43      Profile for Dauthúr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
You date aliens?
/me ducks

Yeah, most of the aliens I know don't even buy me a drink before getting straight to the probing.

/what?

Filthy.

--------------------
Take off every 'Sig'. You know what you doing

For great justice.

Posts: 18 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2005 06:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
You date aliens?
/me ducks

Yeah, most of the aliens I know don't even buy me a drink before getting straight to the probing.

/what?

The least they could do is offer some lube.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2005 10:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
You date aliens?
/me ducks

Yeah, most of the aliens I know don't even buy me a drink before getting straight to the probing.

/what?

You get to be probed?
[cry baby]

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2005 15:57      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yew looky looky b*st*rd.... etc.

[Eek!]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2005 06:44      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:Originally posted by alfrin:
You date aliens?
/me ducks

quote:
Yeah, most of the aliens I know don't even buy me a drink before getting straight to the probing.

/what?

[Roll Eyes]

Probe: An investigation into unfamiliar matters or questionable activities; a penetrating inquiry:

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
3
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2005 14:10      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to bring up old topics, but I just couldn't help but laugh at some of these posts. Potatoe...hah. And kid, if you are still around, I didn't actually have a girlfriend until my senior year of high school, and the very end at that. The best part is that she was very bad at looking at me in class without me knowing. I liked her too, but that is what made it easier. I knew she liked me. Good luck. Don't be afraid to take chances. What's to lose?
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 17:29      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Tree:
I hate to bring up old topics, but I just couldn't help but laugh at some of these posts. Potatoe...hah. And kid, if you are still around, I didn't actually have a girlfriend until my senior year of high school, and the very end at that. The best part is that she was very bad at looking at me in class without me knowing. I liked her too, but that is what made it easier. I knew she liked me. Good luck. Don't be afraid to take chances. What's to lose?

Your virginity, if you're good.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
3
Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 20:23      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Hopefuly not too quickly. I like a woman who can wait because they are usually better in the long run anyway.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mangler
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8282

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 15:01      Profile for Mangler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The simple fact is this: you cannot 'make a girl like you'... a woman knows within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. Just be yourself and if she's interested, then you're in--and if she's not, chat the next one up.

--------------------
I'm in ur Internets... stealin' ur infoz.

Posts: 10 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 20:57      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mangler:
The simple fact is this: you cannot 'make a girl like you'... a woman knows within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. Just be yourself and if she's interested, then you're in--and if she's not, chat the next one up.

I must agree with Mangler. You cannot make a girl like you. Although I must disagree with the theory that women know within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. They only know if they will sleep with you. Although from experience, that can change as well.
There are lot of things that can be done to get a girl interested over time. Although, I wouldn't suggest investing too much time in one woman.
Never all your eggs in a single basket as they say. Play the odds, it works out better. I speak from experience. [devil wand]
I think one of the posts above spoke of noticing the small things about her like her eyes et all but what you want to comment on are things like her outfit. Women spend a lot of time agonizing over what they wear and their look and such (atleast the ones i know, i cannot speak for all women). And they like to know that the effort is noticed and appreciated.
Make sure you ask a lot of questions and remember what she tells you. There is nothing hotter to women than remembering minutiae about things they like and making sure they get a surprise of something that they like. It is one of the best ways to win a womans heart.
Cook for them. As long as you can cook. Ideally if possible involve them slightly in the cooking process. Be good at the cooking thing. To women that is attractive.
Express yourself. Talk about the sappy things you feel whether it be for your immediate family, your good friends or her. Feel free to be geeky while you tell her how much she means to you. The fact that you can allow yourself to be open and vulnerable to them is quite attractive to most women.
Now the disclaimer to my advice is that I'm a big guy so for me to be all sappy is accepted as a sign that I'm in touch with my feelings. This may or may not work for all geeks.
Also, all advice is targetted to the demographic of women that I usually date. I have never figured out what that is but they all have a common something. Hence, this advice may or may not work for you.

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Posts: 795 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noldoaran
Geek
Member # 2003

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 20:57      Profile for Noldoaran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by postgrep:
... then break out your knowledge of quantum mechanics to impress her.

Don't pretend that you know about something that you no nothing about. Nobody is impressed by that.
Posts: 228 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 21:23      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if she doesn't know that he doesn't know ...
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 12 posted June 05, 2007 22:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, boo... why don't we get together sometime and discuss quantum physics?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 23:05      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always explain how your charged particle will tunnel in her potential well. Or talk about the superpositioning of your two wavefunctions into one. [evil]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 14:45      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
I must agree with Mangler. You cannot make a girl like you. Although I must disagree with the theory that women know within the first five minutes of meeting you whether or not she's interested in you. They only know if they will sleep with you. Although from experience, that can change as well.

In the first five minutes? Yes, we are either interested or not. Sleep with? That's a pretty solid no. If you're interesting, you have the opportunity to turn it into a yes. (Though being genuinely interested in us regardless of the sex helps a lot in making you interesting to us.)

There's a difference between getting girls to like you and picking them up. Most of your advice seems geared toward the latter. (Not judgement, just observation.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Say, boo... why don't we get together sometime and discuss quantum physics?

I would do, Steen, but I am disinclined to embarrass you with my superior knowledge of the subject.

[Smile] No need to thank me.


quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
You could always explain how your charged particle will tunnel in her potential well. Or talk about the superpositioning of your two wavefunctions into one. [evil]

It's always 'charged particles' this or 'wavefunctions,' that, with you. [Roll Eyes] You've got a one track mind, Astronomer Jedi.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boo wrote:
I would do, Steen, but I am disinclined to embarrass you with my superior knowledge of the subject.

You're right, we should stick to more casual topics in order to promote light small talk. Evolution and abortion it is [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:49      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Righto.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 16:54      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whewie*

That was close. It appeared for a moment that this thread might morph into something mundane.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:20      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at watch*

I'm still waiting for boo to reveal her superior knowledge on the subject.

boo wrote:
It's always 'charged particles' this or 'wavefunctions,' that, with you. [Roll Eyes] You've got a one track mind, Astronomer Jedi.

Yeah, that's just me in this quantum reality though. There are plenty of other 'me's' in other quantum realities where I'm not like that. Of course that all depends on the Many Worlds Interpretation being correct, which know one knows. There are arguments for and against both the Many Worlds and Copenhagen Interpretations which I'm too lazy to detail. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 17:32      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to detail any of that, Jedi. I am quite well acquainted with the Many Worlds AND Copenhagen Interpretations, as well as the fact that the many "yous" in your various quantum realities are varied and wide. [Smile] What I really want to know is, will coach Taylor leave Dillon? [Confused]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged


All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classicTM 6.4.0



homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam