homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » How do you get girls to like you (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: How do you get girls to like you
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 17:39      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SlyKilla:
ok bein gyourself ive tryed that my whole life and it doesnt seem to be working but ill just keep tryinig

Well if being yourself doesn't work. You can always have yourself. Relieves my tension. [Big Grin]

That said. I wasn't the popular kid, EVER. And being myself sometimes proved to end in disaster. But, acting like someone else never did me any better.

You just have to learn to be OK with yourself. Then everything else will fall in place.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 20:42      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all my money is going to my new computer which i want so much more than anything else on this world
that said i cant really afford eharmony.

Posts: 15 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 20:45      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
all my money is going to my new computer which i want so much more than anything else on this world
that said i cant really afford eharmony.

Priorities, Priorities, Priorities...
/me shakes finger in a dissappointed way

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 20:52      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a really good computer i just cant seem to wait any longer although i have to cuase i dont have enough money to buy it yet
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 20:58      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old are you, SK? You have to be at least 18 to use eHarmony anyways.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:14      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm well i guess i should of known i am 15
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:21      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hmm well i guess i should of known i am 15

15 eh?
I'm gonna hate myself for even suggesting this but... www.myspace.com

/me ducks

--------------------

SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:48      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been a Myspace memver for about 7 months i still dont have any friends
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:50      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go looky for them

--------------------

SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:52      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have i have all of my friend requests have been turned except for my nieghbor and my best friend
SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 21:53      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all of my friend requests have been turned down except for my best friend and nieghbor
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 00:44      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
I've no advice other than the standard "naked with beer" thing. I've never been good with getting numbers, and being really nervous around girls that I'm keen on. So I'm interested in what others have to advise, too.

CSK, has the "naked with beer" advice ever worked for you?

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 08:04      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You'll notice, sumnchai, that we've put some of our best guys on solving this dilemma.
Yeah...a potato?? LMAO

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 09:08      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a little bit of insight that generally doesn't leave the corner of my mind, except in rare cases like this.

This is the story of how I fell into my most successful and fulfilling relationship ever, and it is relevant as when this went on, I was even younger than I am now, and I am presently around your age and still in familiar, and often intimate contact with this girl.

When I was 13 I was your typical closet nerd. I was not nerdy enough to be seen as a nerd, but not "unnerdy" enough to be seen as normal, or cool. I never had many friends, just a certain few. I had interests romantically, but as is usually the case, I didn't have the balls to go up and talk to them, and the ones I already talked to, I didn't have the spine persue anything. But, as I soon found out, this worked to my benefit.

I learned somethings.

First of all I learned that most girls don't like guys that just "walk up" to them and start spitting their game at them and the few successful attempts to see these guys have are minute in comparison to the times they are rejected. Their success relies solely on their nature of not fearing rejection. But, these guys are not the norm. It seems like these guys are everyone, and everyone but you is one of them, but in actuality there are more people like yourself. But, as is such with any animals, those who are seen are masters of their fertility, they are either envied and wished dead, or worshipped and wished immortal, and they're blown way, way out of proportion.

As I was saying, most girls don't like a guy to come up to them while they're busy with their day.

Now, I progress with my story.

One day, one of my two friends told me to go to a school dance so that I could possibly have a social life. At first I disagreed but later reconsidered, and went. (I hate school dances to this day, but this one will always stand out in my mind)

It was at this school dance that I sat around pouting all night, not really paying any attention to anyone in particular, just walking around migrating from social group to social group as I tend to do. Well, little did I know, that this whole time that I was there, I was being watched. One might say I was being stalked.

Towards the end of the dance, actually the last song, the most repulsive girl to ever walk the face of this earth (aside from Jessica Simpson) walked up to me and asked me to dance. I returned with "sorry, my leg is hurt."

Then spoke she, the most beautiful girl to ever grace my eyes. She had everything a thirteen year old boy would know what to do with, and then some. She spoke and it reverberated around the room, as if God himself had spoken, "will you dance with me?" After I restored my composure, I responded "sure!" And we parted ways with the repulsive girl.

We danced and I realized, that at this very moment, my hands were on the hips of this unbelievably beautiful girl. I was thinking soon my sanity would return, and the reality that I was actually dancing with a broom, or something, and everyone was sat back watching me but before the thought finished crossing my mind, the song was over.

I walked outside and waited for my ride home, and repulsive girl walked up to me. I felt doom was imminent. She was much bigger than me, and I had just traded her off cold heartedly for her friend- I didn't care. Well, I soon found out she didn't mean me any harm. She wanted to ask if I'd go out with her. And by her, she meant her, as in beautiful girl.

I thought about for a minute, and replied that she wasn't my type. Now, reader, if at this point you believe for one second that this was my actual response, you can stop reading, and go work at Microsoft. I actually responded "yes." And she relayed the message and returned with beautiful girl in tow. Beautiful girl walked up to me and hugged me and I realized at this moment that, although getting an erection unexpectedly before going up to the white board to answer a math problem is pretty embarrasing, getting an erection when a girl is half an inch away from you can be even more. She didn't notice (thank God that I had only begun to hit puberty!) But this was January, and it was -n degrees Kelvin outside, and so I wrapped my jacket around her to keep her warm. Soon, she walks up next to me. WHAT THE!? I thought she was just inside of my jacket? Oh, wait. She still is. WHAT?! SHE HAS A SISTER! SHE HAS A TWIN SISTER!

After that initial shock set in about 3 months passed by. (To move the story further along for time's sake)

She and I had become very close partners, and being that we had only known each other as long as we've dated and no more, it was suprisingly unawkward. It had been 3 months, and life was getting better every day. Each day I discovered something else she and I had in common. Be it music, religion, sex, you name it, we had it in common. It was uncanny how, she being from a different country, ended up right here, in North Carolina, in my lap, literally.

Now, that being said, my last lesson for today.

If I had been something I am not, in an attempt to impress her, and had acted on the lack of self esteem I had, we would not have been together long. What attracted her to me was me. If you get in a relationship where a girl truly is attracted to you for you, it will last. If not, it was not meant to be (so don't mourn the death of any adolescent infatuation just yet) and it would have never worked. If both people are honest from the beginning, in a very short time whether the relationship is real or not will reveal it self.

Now, the big meaning of all of this is, well, this: be yourself, don't worry about relationships, and when you are offered the chance to go to a social event take them up on it. Being yourself + confidence + a social life = a higher chance at getting relationships. And last but not least. DO NOT GO UP TO GIRLS ASKING FOR THEIR NUMBERS! THEY HATE THAT! At best it may flatter them, but if it does, you might not want to persue them anyway, that typically indicates low self esteem that they get their happiness from some stranger and not from within.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 10:04      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
quote:
You'll notice, sumnchai, that we've put some of our best guys on solving this dilemma.
Yeah...a potato?? LMAO
Don't underestimate a tomato, it has many uses, you can make a battery with one, oh, and you can stuff your crotch with one, though a sock could do the trick too

EDIT: I meant potatoes, sorry for any *confusion*

--------------------

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 10:07      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said anything about tomatoes?

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 10:13      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
Who said anything about tomatoes?

oh wow, I obviously had something else at mind

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 10:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
quote:
Yeah...a potato?? LMAO
Well I did tell him to put it in front, didn't I?
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 12:01      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
DO NOT GO UP TO GIRLS ASKING FOR THEIR NUMBERS! THEY HATE THAT! At best it may flatter them, but if it does, you might not want to persue them anyway, that typically indicates low self esteem that they get their happiness from some stranger and not from within.

Interesting viewpoint, Taco, but I'm not sure I would agree. Okay, if a guy went up to a girl and sleazily said something like "What up babe, you're looking pretty hot. How about giving me your number?"... I (and I'm sure a lot of other girls) would hate that, yes.

However, if a guy came up to you and said something sweet and honest, like "Hi, I hope you don't think this is too forward, but I think you're very attractive and would love to get to know you better. Might I ask you for your number?"... what would be wrong with that? I can't speak for everyone, but I would find that charming, and, yes, flattering. But I don't think that would mean I have low self-esteem or anything like that. Most people, no matter how much they believe in themselves, like to hear something nice said by a stranger. Believe me, I'm not the sort who can usually handle compliments, but even I would appreciate that, and it would be a great way to kick start a potential relationship.

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 14:27      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, with every rule there are exceptions. I overlooked such a situation.

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 14:30      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sky's right, it's all about the approach, if someone came up to me asking for my number because I'm attractive, my immediate impulse is "Oh, great, he's after sex." Unless he's such an incredibly smooth operator I don't even notice he's being smooth... The better approach would be something along the lines of, "Hey, I've noticed you around, you seem like a cool/nice/interesting person and I'd like to get to know you better. I'll give you my number if you give me yours." Or, "Hey you <insert activity here> too? Gimme your number so we can arrange a trip." Something (I forget the exact wording) like the latter has been used successfully on me. I gave up the digits never expecting to hear from the guy again, but I did, and I don't regret it.

Oh yeah, and I've found through epxerience and observation that you can't be anyone but yourself and stay sane. You're stuck with yourself until you die, and while you may change a bit here and there over time it's not going to be for anyone else. Get over it and move on.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 17:07      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other thing to remember is that you're only 15. Don't stress over this right now - you've got your whole life to worry about women and what they want. And in this case, it's a good idea not to start early. It's like smoking, and just as hazardous to your health. (Imagine if you fell on the cucumber...)

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 19:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sumnchai:
you've got your whole life to worry about women and what they want

truer words were never spoken...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2005 20:02      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(Imagine if you fell on the cucumber...)

Yeowch! Yeah. Imagine that.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2005 15:27      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Imagine if you fell on the cucumber...)

Yea, then you'd really need to wear that cucumber around. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture