homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » How do you get girls to like you (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: How do you get girls to like you
SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:11      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i always wondered how you get girls to like you ive never really had any luck in that area,and its starting to bother me because it seems like everyone else can talk to girls,get thier numbers and ask them out but i cant i cant do anyting. whenever i get around girls i like or girls pretty much i cant talk and when i do my voice changes for some reason and not in a good way it gets really high pitch and its really embarrasing. ive never asked a girl for her phone number and im not sure if i will ever be able to,my brother on the other hand gets girls all the time and hes tried to help me but somhow i always end up at home on the computer while hes out having fun with a girl.please give me some advice cuase i really need it.
Posts: 15 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:18      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've no advice other than the standard "naked with beer" thing. I've never been good with getting numbers, and being really nervous around girls that I'm keen on. So I'm interested in what others have to advise, too.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:19      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah Little Billy, you are going through what is called, Puberty, it is completely natural and you shouldn't be afraid.
Ok, now that's out of the way, lets get down to business. The voice, its nervousness. Cure: be natural. If that fails you have to FORCE yourself to be natural, think of them as friends, jokes are often the best way to get a girl, most girls like to laugh I believe.

I know you've probably heard all of this before, but actually try to apply it, it does wonders

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:35      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww...that is so cute. Just be yourself, if they do not like it, they are not worth it. In the end we all find out who the real person is and if you are pretending just to get a number or a date, you are being fake, which is worse. And helpful hint: get out more, you will not meet anyone in front of a computer unless you are online dating.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:39      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS: Girls are bold too so some may approach you, act normal and you will be fine.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2005 21:55      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
PS: Girls are bold too so some may approach you, act normal and you will be fine.

But when such an event actually happens, be careful, don't seem like you are trying to get her to like you or seem as if you want to ask her out alot, cause sometimes boldness = dare, and that hurts, a lot. Be careful, but be yourself

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 05:05      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going into shock and not saying anything other than:

*drool*...heh heh, you're a girl...*drool*...he heh...

doesn't work.

postgrep
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 05:17      Profile for postgrep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rule of thumb:
Most girls like guys that are funny, be funny.

If girl is serious, act funny around her, then break out your knowledge of quantum mechanics to impress her.

Posts: 43 | From: my abode, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 06:15      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm of the philosophy that you don't "get girls to like you." Either they like you, or they don't. If you have to go out of your way to be anyone other than yourself, you're wasting your time and hers because you can't keep that up forever.

Be yourself - who ever that is. In the long run, you'll attract someone like you who likes you for you. :-D

Good luck, and don't focus on it. My most rewarding relationships came about when I wasn't looking. In fact, I met my current girlfriend (of three and a half years, now) just as I had sworn off of relationships forever. I had just been burned badly, and was playing the field, as it were. All of the sudden, there she was. She pursued me, and I couldn't be happier now.

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 06:48      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Going into shock and not saying anything other than:

*drool*...heh heh, you're a girl...*drool*...he heh...

doesn't work.

Really?

Shit. I guess my pickup line of, "heh heh.. boobies!" is not so good either, then, huh?

On a more serious note. Be confident. Act like whether or not she has any interest in you is completely irrelevant -- because realistically, at the end of the day, it is.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
kniLnamiJ-neB
Newbie Larva
Member # 3865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 06:55      Profile for kniLnamiJ-neB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sumnchai's story is much like my own. A girl that I dated briefly long ago suddenly appeared on my doorstep 4 years later. Fast Forward 3 years, we're married. You can't "get a girl to like you"... she just does it or she doesn't. And no matter how hot you think she is, or how special... if she can't accept you for you, she isn't worth the protein that it took to make her. It took me a long time and a broken heart to learn that... then I met my sweetheart and realized the one who "broke my heart" was a waste of time. No girl who puts you through that kind of crap is even worth speaking to, and that's why I'm happily married now.

--------------------
Ben

"If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum." - Anonymous

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:19      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a name like SlyKilla I would figure that you had all teh ladies. [Big Grin]

Honestly, you can never make anyone like you. It either is or isn't. He/She will show up when they show up. All you can do is be confidant in who you are and hope that they will be attracted to the true person inside.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could put a big potato in your pants.

Make sure it's in front.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:28      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:

Make sure it's in front.

Haha, GG. You're my hero.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:32      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Make sure it's in front.

I thought it was a cucumber wrapped in aluminium foil.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:35      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
quote:

Make sure it's in front.

I thought it was a cucumber wrapped in aluminium foil.
What's the foil for?

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 07:41      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep it fresh of course.

It is also a scene from the Spinal Tap movie.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 08:49      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok bein gyourself ive tryed that my whole life and it doesnt seem to be working but ill just keep tryinig
kniLnamiJ-neB
Newbie Larva
Member # 3865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 08:58      Profile for kniLnamiJ-neB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SlyKilla,

Have you tried a dating site like eHarmony? I never tried it myself, but from what I've heard, they actually do a lot of matching to set you up with people. That might be a good start; from there, if you just "be yourself" you'll be matched up with people who are looking for someone like you. It's worth a try, anyway; at least it would help you find people whom you might actually be compatible with.

--------------------
Ben

"If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum." - Anonymous

SlyKilla
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4249

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 09:15      Profile for SlyKilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe i will try eharmony its not like i have anything to lose
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 10:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SlyKilla:
maybe i will try eharmony its not like i have anything to lose

Don't forget to include a recent picture of yourself, with the potato, of course.
[Wink]

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 10:33      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eHarmony rocks!! I've had an account there for nigh unto 3/4 of a year and it's been a lot of fun. They've done a good job of matching me with people who are interesting and fit my non-negotiable criteria. I've met up with one guy from there after six months of e-mailing and phone conversations (he lives in another state, making it difficult to hang out frequently). I have a date on Sunday to a Lancaster Barnstormers (baseball) game with a guy who lives about 15 minutes away from me. eHarmony did a really good job of setting me up with this one.

The one drawback to eHarmony is the price, but it's definitely cheaper and an easier site to navigate than PerfectMatch. I took advantage of the special offers at eHarmony--three months for the price of one, then when that ran out, they offered me 12 months for $12.95. Can't beat that anywhere!

My advice to you if you sign up with eHarmony:
1. Fill out the profile completely. There's nothing worse than reading a half-completed profile.
2. Be honest when you complete the personality profile. You won't get a chance to re-take it, so make sure you're giving truthful answers (and not just wishful thinking!).
3. Contact all of your matches, but don't be bummed if they don't respond. I've been matched with over 200 people, but I've only had significant communication with a handful. You really only need one good match.
4. Don't stress "soulmate" too much. Just go into it with the desire to have fun meeting new people. You'll learn about other people as well as yourself. (Hmm, that just gave me an idea for my .sig.)

If you have any other questions about the merits of various dating sites or navigating the online matching process, feel free to send me a PM.

Best wishes!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 13:56      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, all you have to do is loop a feed back from the third relay coupling through the deflector dish and realign it towards the sigularity... At least that how they solved every problem on star trek, and if it happened on Star Trek, it must be true.

Be yourself. If a girl doesn't like you for who you are, then it's not going to work. If you pretend to be anyone else, you'll lose her when she finds out she's been lied to (regardless of if she would have liked who you really are or not).

Stop thinking about it. The more you think about walking over and what your going to say, the more nervous you'll be... You could end up talking yourself out of walking over, or just make the first words that fall outta your mouth be:
"heh, heh.... You're a .... guurrl... heh, heh.... um, hi...." Or "I've got a cucumber in my pants."

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
sumnchai
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3262

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 15:39      Profile for sumnchai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
Or "I've got a cucumber in my pants."

With a line like that, how could any girl say no?

--------------------
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Anal-spc-Orgies.png[/img]

My Photos

Posts: 47 | From: Amherst, MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2005 15:55      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sumnchai:
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
Or "I've got a cucumber in my pants."

With a line like that, how could any girl say no?
LMAO.

You'll notice, sumnchai, that we've put some of our best guys on solving this dilemma.  -

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture