homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What does a geek Girl look like? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What does a geek Girl look like?
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 20:01      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you people have choices over hair cuts.

My hairdresser is a total nutcase. He doesn't give you a choice on how you want it, and if you try and tell him, he puts his fingers in his ears and starts humming very loudly.

Thus it is that my hair is the shortest it has ever been in my life. It looks good though. I'd take a photo, but that would involve effort.

Sorry.

P.S: Lightning bolts? sweet.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 20:42      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:

My hairdresser is a total nutcase. He doesn't give you a choice on how you want it, and if you try and tell him, he puts his fingers in his ears and starts humming very loudly.

Thus it is that my hair is the shortest it has ever been in my life. It looks good though. I'd take a photo, but that would involve effort.

Sorry.

Umm, there is more than one hairdresser. Even near where you live/study [Wink]

I'm sure I could arrange to take a photo of you if you don't want to go to the effort [evil]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2005 06:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:

Sorry.

Umm, there is more than one hairdresser. Even near where you live/study [Wink]

I'm sure I could arrange to take a photo of you if you don't want to go to the effort [evil]

Perhaps he likes how he does it?
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2005 12:44      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
**Bad mental image**

[weep]
LOL, don't worry, I was thinking of hair in another region...I'm sick minded...

But yeah...get a new hairdresser if they won't give you options or listen to you. I would have gotten out of the chair. That's probably a good way to not get tips.

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2005 18:13      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he cuts good hair.

Just because it wasn't what I had in mind doesn't mean that he doesn't do a good job. After all, he is the visionary, not poor ol' me.

P.S: CSK, you know I am male right?

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2005 18:21      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know you're male, despite any jokes to the contrary. I was just attempting to do a service for any of those GC people who were curious what you look like, and my geographical proximity to you would make it feasible to take your photo.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2005 15:31      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I have not spent any money on my hair for over a year now, and it is longer than most of the girls hair that I have seen here (excluding Xanthine)

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Laska
Newbie Larva
Member # 4169

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 03:27      Profile for Laska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since everyone else is posting photos of themselves:
http://laska.foocow.net/images/laska1.JPG = blurry me
http://laska.foocow.net/images/laska2.JPG = more blurry me
http://laska.foocow.net/images/laska3.JPG = not as blurry
http://laska.foocow.net/images/laska5.JPG = me with flash

I was wearing my 'chicks dig unix' top and my bsd horns (cept in the last one)

Posts: 9 | From: South Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 05:42      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, someone needs a tripod and a self timer. Nice pics otherwise [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 05:53      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Hmm, someone needs a tripod and a self timer.

And arse pics. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 06:24      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
And arse pics. [Big Grin]

Well, yeah, that's pretty much assumed, isn't it? We should put it in the faq.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Arctuniol
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4174

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 22:04      Profile for Arctuniol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well those were ummmm nice, so where can ya find one of ya chicita bananas that can actually fix your own computer?

--------------------
In an open world who needs windows or gates?

Posts: 17 | From: Sillicon Valley | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pilgrim
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 09:06      Profile for Pilgrim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arctuniol:
Well those were ummmm nice, so where can ya find one of ya chicita bananas that can actually fix your own computer?

Well, I fix my computer as well as other people's. I also know quite a few women that also fix computers.

As to the topic of this thread, I have known many varieties of geek girls. Not only in looks but also in personality.

Arctuniol
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4174

Icon 10 posted July 07, 2005 09:59      Profile for Arctuniol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I suppose after a long day in a server room, doing dumb things like trying to send in route requests to arin and then coming home to a non-techie who demanded her computer be fixed because seh had a bad habit of downloading viruses, spyware, adware, or just plain deleting files all the time. It might be nice to find someone with some sense on computers.

Or even something better, a computer geek sugar momma so I dunna have to work but play all day at home.

--------------------
In an open world who needs windows or gates?

Posts: 17 | From: Sillicon Valley | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Laska
Newbie Larva
Member # 4169

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2005 16:39      Profile for Laska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to second Pilgrim here. I fix my own computer, as well as my families and some of my friends. Alot of my friends are also geeks so they don't really need me to fix their computer.

I also do a wide variety of other geeky things such as coding (C and ASM are my favourite languages, though I can code in others such as php, perl, python, basic, etc.. some better than others).

Though I must admit, there's not many chicks out there who upon having her ISP go down, proceeds to wardrive around the neighbourhood so she can get back on the internet. (Although that _was_ because I had a uni assignment to submit before midnight)

I remember visiting some of my geeky friends at tafe once (Tafe is like a mini-uni for all you non-australians), and anyway, this guy was asking people in the class if they wanted to go to the top of the Santos Building (tallest building in Adelaide, the city I'm from), and see what wireless networks they could pick up. I asked him why I wasn't invited and he simply said "Because you don't have a laptop or know how to hack". All of my friends proceeded to burst out laughing at this point, considering I had my laptop in my bag. I asked him why he said that and he said it was because I was a girl. That annoyed me something shocking. I felt like rootkitting his machine, cept he was running windows, (wireless and unprotected, file&print sharing turned on ha!)

So yeah, I don't mind guys going 'omg! a geek chick' and making stupid comments, because around here there's not many geek chicks, but to assume that I know nothing about computers.. bleh.. irks me.

Pilgrim
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 08:15      Profile for Pilgrim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I enjoy coding as well. I mainly know Java and some C++ but I plan on learning PHP and brushing up on more C++. I'd also like to learn Perl. I've played around with Lisp, Haskell, and Prolog and would like to learn more about them.

My main interest is networking/security but coding will always be a passion for me as well.

I fixed other people's computers both in high school and college. It was at the school itself in high school and the dorm at college.

But most guys I've come across are pretty respectful to me when it comes to computers. Granted most of them are in my ACM chapter and in my school's CS department. I think that since I've been able to stick it out so far in CS, they think I must have something.

Anyway, I only really got into computers in the last two years of high school. I have a lot left that I want to learn but I'm excited and willing to learn.

Laska
Newbie Larva
Member # 4169

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 17:56      Profile for Laska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh [Smile] I love php as a server-side scripting language. It's so easy to learn and easy to use.
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 08, 2005 22:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I'd reply to this with a link to a site I saw the other day, but now I can't find it. :-/

So, if any b3tans recall a female user whose website had 3 links on it (img map), with two of them being something like "Pictures taked" [sic] and "Pictures maked" [sic], kindly add the link here. [Wink] I distinctly recall that, but find nothing of note in the boards - I think I saw this on the tail end of "Woah Nelly!" and naturally, that's more than any human can meaningfully review. [Wink]

And regarding the above...I would. ;P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture