homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What does a geek Girl look like? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What does a geek Girl look like?
musicbunnydancing
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3756

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted April 12, 2005 15:52      Profile for musicbunnydancing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would consider myself a geek girl. I look more like the cheerleader type though.

So here is my question, what do you all think a geek girl looks like?

Posts: 46 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 15:55      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are usually female...

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 16:02      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velma, sweet Velma......Athe girl of my dreams.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 16:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Velma, sweet Velma......Athe girl of my dreams.

-

I'll span^H^H^H^Hvouch for that!
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 16:27      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by musicbunnydancing:
I would consider myself a geek girl. I look more like the cheerleader type though.

Post a picture. We'll be gentle, right guys?

-

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 17:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Originally posted by musicbunnydancing:

Post a picture. We'll be gentle, right guys?

-

Yes.......start with the feet, and work your way up [evil]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 12, 2005 17:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a geek girl probably looks something like this:

-

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 19:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really must say, Peebs, after having viewed your picture in the photo gallery, everytime I see where you posted, I switch your photo in for Robin Wright Penn's in your avatar in my mind...and it fits so well!!! [Big Grin] (RWP's birthday was listed in the paper a few days ago. She definitely does not look like the Princess Bride anymore. :/ )

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 19:26      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What doe a geek girl look like? I refer you to my profile pic (thanks dman).

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 19:53      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a geek girl might also look like this:

EDIT: I did not mean to be invisible either. Here you go.
 -

We all look different. We come in various shapes and colors, but what matters is still on the inside. If people want to assume that you aren't intelligent just because you are a cheerleader type, then you don't really need them. Just be yourself.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 23:52      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the risk of sidestepping the question's intent, what makes a girl a "geek girl" doesn't show from the outside...so we could look like any female of the species. In order to "see" and appreciate our luxurious geekiness, you'd have to do more than just look -- the beautiful Inner Geek Girl may only be visible to a guy under the right "lighting".

Case in point: I once wandered through MacWorld with a guy I had just met there. We maintained a fairly superficial conversation until I referred to the Microsoft Booth as "The Dark Side", to which he startled me by responding "Are you trying to get yourself laid?". (Caught me totally off guard! [blush] )

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 23:59      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tech Angel:
We maintained a fairly superficial conversation until I referred to the Microsoft Booth as "The Dark Side", to which he startled me by responding "Are you trying to get yourself laid?".

Hmm, I never knew how many sexual come-ons I was sending out over years of dissing Microsoft. No wonder I was fighting off all of those admiring geek girls. I'll have to be more careful in future [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 10:43      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
This is me with my dog when he was a baby...
 -
And this is my overly artistic senior picture that doubles as my bio picture in journals and such. And yes, I am aware that I'm blinking. [Wink]

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 10:59      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's odd Zim'et, I'd always imagined you as being a little more visible.

(curse msn and it's members-only area)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 11:04      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry [cry baby]

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 17:11      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my attempts to get there anonymously failed - FF says the JPEGs cannot be displayed. How about using one of those free image upload sites? (I confess I'm drawing a complete blank at the moment - I've never used one...presently I've got tons of hosting space/bandwidth.)

Oh, and maia - a better look at your pic confirmed what I thought before - 'tis way too good to be true - that pic has been 'shopped a bit. [Razz] Quite a lovely picture, but it's been smoothed a bit much, no?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 17:32      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's what portrait photographers call "soft focus"....

[Wink]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 17:41      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Oh, and maia - a better look at your pic confirmed what I thought before - 'tis way too good to be true - that pic has been 'shopped a bit. [Razz] Quite a lovely picture, but it's been smoothed a bit much, no?

I admit it, that is actually a picture of me. Maia is in fact nothing more than my creation to gain your attention [blush]
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 18:03      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have that glow about me. I don't know what you're talking about.

Ok, I have way too much fun with photoshop. In case you're curious, here's the original. [Smile]

-

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 19:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as nice, if not nicer. [Smile]
After all, this way I'm not scared that you'll blind me with your radiance. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 23:24      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maia:

EDIT: I did not mean to be invisible either. Here you go.

What, damn, i'm in to ghosts...

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 20:51      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maia, you are a very pretty geek. I agree with dman that the untouched version is better. Your a good looking girl, you don't need to artifically "touch up" your picture.

Velma, or rather the actress who plays her, isn't really a geek though -- is she? And to be honest she's wearing far too much makeup.

I agree that geek girls looks vary quite a bit. That is true of male geeks, too. I don't think that many geek look like the stero type (unless they are trying).

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 21:53      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks guys, but don't I don't think I "touched up" the picture in the sense that you mean. Recently, I am always playing with photoshop, and this is just one of the things I had been playing around with lately and thought it looked cool. I am still fairly new to using photoshop, so I over do it with the filters and what not, but right now I am just doing random things to see what they look like. I mainly liked the background in that picture where I used the glass filter, and I liked the color better than in the original. Although I appreciate your reassurance, I am aware that I look good, and in no way was trying to make myself look any gooder. But thanks any way.

--------------------

Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 09:07      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Hi!

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 09:19      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Gawd Mel......YOU ARE HOTTTT!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrowl

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture