homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Geek Girls (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Geek Girls
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 31, 2004 17:44      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never eat anything you wouldn't be prepared to kill and prepare yourself...

I'll admit that I don't like it and am prepared to leave it to the pro's but have assuaged my meat eating guilt by killing/preparing/eating the occasional fish/rabbit/duck/pheasant...

Here in UK any animal bigger than that (lamb/piglet/calf/etc.) HAS to go to a registered slaughterhouse anyway...

Yo, let's let that subject drop and go for the big "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

FWIW I don't like "geekette" much either, it is a dimuniutive by default and somehow seems to cheapen the currency... A bit like "starlet"

How many GC posters would call MTB or Ronwhyyn or Black Widow or Grey Girl or TMBWITW,PB (how come you got such a difficult handle anyway?) "geekette"

To me Geek = geek - irregardless (sic from an online article, LOL) of age, race, creed or gender...

Never mind "Gay Pride" it is time we geeks and nerds etc. stood up and admitted to being "OUT AND PROUD!"

Who's with me here...?

[Smile]

P.S. I realise this post is rambling... It is now 2005 +1.5hr and I may have had just a little too much vino..

Spent the evening watching "Shaun of the Dead". Crass, full of swearing and an utterly hilarious send up of every romcom and zombie movie I ever saw - A+++++

Watch it! (Unless you don't like gratuitous use of swearing and f**** in particular)

Also watched "Our House"... OK so it did raise a giggle, but top flight it isn't. I'd rate it 5/10

Yo,

Happy new year geeks

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2005 01:01      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy new year to all!

I'm with you, Serenak. <toast> To Geeks! </toast>

I'm pretty wasted, too. We had a pretty good party going, but now people are starting to fall out.

[It's only 3:44 A.M.]

A while back, it would have only just began, so I guess we are on the road to becoming elder geeks. [Smile]

Cheers!

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
cypher
Newbie Larva
Member # 3175

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted January 01, 2005 16:56      Profile for cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly to respond to the last posts from Captain Shroom, sorry got rather busy installing gentoo linux onto my shiny new laptop in the last few days. I then fell victim to the case of the missing proc directory. Oops [shake head] it certainly added to compile time! [crazy]

Yes Captain Shroom, I agree there is truth to found in your humour as you so rightly wrote. I will definately be taking both you and Rhonwyyn's into my approach to 2005.

Yes shirak I am with you on that one and as I previously said, Geeks rule!! The unified term as most of us have agreed upon. [Geek]

Happy new year to everyone and all the best for this year. [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

As for celebrations having spent the night bringing in the new year with an unhealth amount of beer, rum and jd, im not feeling too bad.

Posts: 7 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2005 08:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:

* resists urge to make perverted comments * [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
HaloNine
Geek Larva
Member # 3138

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2005 12:23      Profile for HaloNine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now that's just begging for a perverted retort [Wink]
Posts: 27 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2005 13:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the killing part but I've had a few spreads in my day

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 09:24      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this thread needs to be laid to rest before the puns begin..
..D'oh!!

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 11:12      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
The only famous hunter I can recall is Attila the Hun. He died of a heart attack while consummating his marriage.

According to a History Channel program I watched on Sunday evening, Attila drowned in his own blood, possibly from an out of control nosebleed.

[URL=Attila page at the History Channel]http://www.historychannel.com/perl/print_book.pl?ID=73279[/URL]

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 14:19      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must've been an urban legend I heard... Mennonite nuns scaring us away from sex or something. [Razz]
Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 04:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
The only famous hunter I can recall is Attila the Hun. He died of a heart attack while consummating his marriage.

I've always wondered -- if you give your partner a heart attack during sex, and they die.. do you parade that around? Are you proud or are you upset?

<George Carlin>These are the kinds of thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools...</George Carlin>

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 07:50      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ... I think you bury him/her in the woods at midnight, do satanic rituals, then find another victim. </WWCVD>

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 09:33      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I would be embarassed. [blush]

And other questions: Do you call the paramedics? Can they charge you with murder?

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
HaloNine
Geek Larva
Member # 3138

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 10:26      Profile for HaloNine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably wouldn't mention to anyone but the EMT's, obviously, that my partner (hypothetically speaking) had a heart attack while we were making love. I don't think I'd even tell close family members because, let's be honest...it is kind of amusing and I wouldn't want them to feel guilty for laughing. I'd most likely be paranoid for the rest of my life though.
Posts: 27 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 11:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
And other questions: Do you call the paramedics? Can they charge you with murder?

Yes, and no. But the paramedics will be giggling with each other for years to come.

If something like that happened to me I'd probably be traumatized into abstinence.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 12:10      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The answer is no. They can't charge you with murder.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:01      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

Yes, and no. But the paramedics will be giggling with each other for years to come.

If something like that happened to me I'd probably be traumatized into abstinence.

Abstinence is not an option for me. I'm a guy. My libido would be like, "ok, we're willing to take that risk. get some."

quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
quote:

You seem very official and authoritative on the subject. Previous experience?
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

How about assault with a friendly weapon?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
quote:

You seem very official and authoritative on the subject. Previous experience? [/QB]
Amusing as your theory is, I recall that his wife is a cop.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Amusing as your theory is, I recall that his wife is a cop. [/QB]
And yes I asked her before I posted. She got a strange grin on her face like she was plotting something [ohwell]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Amusing as your theory is, I recall that his wife is a cop. [/QB]
Thanks for ruining all of my fun. :\
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:36      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome [Big Grin] ....... Maybe if they die during sex it could be construde as sexual assult maybe?

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2005 13:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know your wife was a cop. Lucky bastard. Nothing hotter than a chick with a gun. [Wink]

I still like 'assault with a friendly weapon'.

Mike M
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2005 20:02      Profile for Mike M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I didn't know your wife was a cop. Lucky bastard. Nothing hotter than a chick with a gun. [Wink]

I still like 'assault with a friendly weapon'.

While being handcuffed.

--------------------
Mike

"Everyone dies frustrated and sad, and that is beautiful." - Don't Let's Start - They Might Be Giants

Posts: 17 | From: Rochester, MN | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 12:22      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More importantly - if your partner croaks mid-shag, do you still finish the deed?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2005 12:31      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an excellent question.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture