homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » The Rules of Attraction (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: The Rules of Attraction
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
c2g: Welcome [Smile] . So, you're from NY...that sounds a lot better than ID - it's not every day that you hear of more serious geeks out there [Razz] .

Petty point: Do you really need to slap your picture at the bottom of every post. Trust me, we all took note of your cute countenance at first glance [Wink] . Frankly, most of us would have found it in your profile, or on your website [Razz] . And yes, like Vic, I can say that I doubt it's spungo, and that her story pretty much checks out. For me, it was an easy matter of seeing who is who...but that's just me [Razz] .

Anyway, it's high time I get back to hitting refresh on www.msnbc.nbc.com for the numbers at they come in...Kerry's only behind by 8 electoral votes right now...come on...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:09      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny, I was refreshing there, and saw your name as the most recent poster to this thread, dman. Then I thought to myself "I bet he's going to mention something about that picture in every post" thing. And sure enough [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
It's funny, I was refreshing there, and saw your name as the most recent poster to this thread, dman. Then I thought to myself "I bet he's going to mention something about that picture in every post" thing. And sure enough [Wink]

Wow, I'm not sure whether I should be, impressed, afraid, or just confident that I really am psychic, and others can read some of my telepathic messages at times [Big Grin] .

And it's John Kerry coming in from 2nd place, nearing the front. George Bush is at a standstill, sitting at 207, while Kerry is advancing...presently at 206...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 21:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Wow, I'm not sure whether I should be, impressed, afraid, or just confident that I really am psychic, and others can read some of my telepathic messages at times [Big Grin]

Well, I had a bet with myself that you'd be the first to mention it, and I won! That must mean I can go to lunch now...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 22:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
/me suspects Spungo's up to his old tricks [evil]

(a far nicer picture this time though Spungo [thumbsup] )

What? Did I miss something here? [Confused]

Who could forget this ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 22:10      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look close.....they could be the same person.... [Wink]

-

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 22:26      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

-

-

There are some, umm, physical differences between the two, aren't there? Or is my Boobometer misfiring?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 04:48      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the jaws are starting to close. I figured I would say welcome to geekculture, chick2geek.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 05:16      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

-

-

There are some, umm, physical differences between the two, aren't there? Or is my Boobometer misfiring?
Yeah, you know you wanna stick your head between my dirty pillows and go *flubba-wubba*. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 05:21      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Yeah, you know you wanna stick your head between my dirty pillows and go *flubba-wubba*. [Smile]

Hey, I chose my wording very carefully to avoid identifying who I thought had the larger pillows.

Not that size is everything. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 09:17      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

-

G33Z, I did not realize how much I looked like "Super Freak" girl. Personally though, I do not wear red flashy ensembles... I like black. Moooooch sexier. =]

Ok, ok... so my picture is out! I am growing tired on your eyes. Here is a new pic to wake you up. Compliments of the house.

-

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

Posts: 28 | From: ID | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 09:42      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] There is a God.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 13:44      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chick2geek:
I did not realize how much I looked like "Super Freak" girl

Thats our Spungo you're talking about there! [Mad]

So quite probably correct [Razz]

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 14:52      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thats our Spungo you're talking about there! [Mad]

So quite probably correct [Razz] [/QB]

Ahhh, so the infamous Spungo is revealed. I thought I was going mad. (Maybe I am) I had no clue who or what you all were referring to when "Spungo" came up.

Who created Spungo? I give them kudos... or penguin mints. Yeah, Spungo's creator deserves some penguin mints!

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 15:03      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ahhh, so the infamous Spungo is revealed. I thought I was going mad. (Maybe I am) I had no clue who or what you all were referring to when "Spungo" came up.

Who created Spungo? I give them kudos... or penguin mints. Yeah, Spungo's creator deserves some penguin mints!

Spungo is just Spungo. I'm pretty sure you'll get to know him rapidly after that one [Big Grin]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 15:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hide your sheep....if you've got 'em.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 15:12      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I give them kudos... or penguin mints. Yeah, Spungo's creator deserves some penguin mints!

Hmm, first Bawls, then penguin mints. Someone's got a caffeine addiction, methinks. Whatever happened to good old fashioned coffee?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 15:28      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
posted by Cap'n Vic:
Hide your sheep....if you've got 'em.

I fell of my chair laughing and hit my head on the desk. Er... I mean, I found that funny. [crazy]

--------------------

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 15:34      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
posted by csk:
Hmm, first Bawls, then penguin mints. Someone's got a caffeine addiction, methinks. Whatever happened to good old fashioned coffee?

Coffee? Coffee? We don't need no stinkin' coffee.
Actually, coffee is more like water to me. Maybe I process caffeine too fast? Who knows, all I know is I can stay up for many moons when I am downing Root-BeerX or Bawls. I can code for days straight... oh... and I can fly. Did I mention that? Yeah, I can fly. [Geek] [thumbsup] (Me... without a drink)

--------------------

R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 19:42      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, speaking as a girl (obviously, yeah?) who dates both men AND women, I'd have to say all I want in the person I'm with is...
well...
I want them to like me, first of all. And I'd like them to be smart, with a good sense of humor. A little sarcasm, a little referencing of weird pop culture, someone who gets me, someone who can tolerate me playing endless hours of Everquest or Halo, or whatever I'm playing at said moment...and gasp...join in.
Also, someone who doesn't complain if I frag the socks offa them!!!

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 20:01      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Who created Spungo?

God knows.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2004 04:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by R0x0r_G0dd3ss:
Well, speaking as a girl (obviously, yeah?) who dates both men AND women, I'd have to say all I want in the person I'm with is...
well...
I want them to like me, first of all. And I'd like them to be smart, with a good sense of humor. A little sarcasm, a little referencing of weird pop culture, someone who gets me, someone who can tolerate me playing endless hours of Everquest or Halo, or whatever I'm playing at said moment...and gasp...join in.
Also, someone who doesn't complain if I frag the socks offa them!!!

So would you feel intimidated by them if they fragged the hell out of you in the same way some people are intimidated by those who're smarter than them? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2004 05:35      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

Who created Spungo?

God knows.
Hey - I resemble that remark!

No, you're right - God, in her infinite wisdom sprinkled some magic beans on the mystical hamlet of Lower Muttonville (down there in Six Finger County). That night three hags on a blasted heath placed some jackalope eyes into a bubbling cauldron, and let it simmer along with the kidneys from a drop bear. Once I was hatched the hags hailed me, and said I could only be killed by 'sheep not born of woman'. They also said 'your all gay', but I didn't bi that. From that day forth I squealed like a little piggy (dem dang Duke boys!) I haven't done much since. In High School I built a temporary dance hall for a Christmas sock-hop, proclaiming 'This is the winter of our disco tent!' (I'd better stop before someone shakes a spear at me! )

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2004 05:47      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that's comedy gold Spungo [thumbsup] [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 12:35      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Coffee? Coffee? We don't need no stinkin' coffee.

Speak for yourself! Coffee is free on campus, and speaking as a broke college kid, nothing is more important than free.

To respond to the original question...men in general hunt for looks first, how she carries herself and fits into social situations, then look for things that they've got in common with girl in question. After that comes personality and smarts. To quote High Fidelity, "It's what you like, not what you are like." Brains, especially when paired with a speedy wit, can knock the socks off of a guy.

On the subject of smoking...I smoke socially, when very stressed, or when the occasion cries out for one (post-coital cigarette, anyone?). Cigarettes are a great social tool; they open up opportunities to do small favors, such as offering a light, which is almost always immediately followed by an introduction. It's cheaper than buying people drinks. [Wink] I prefer to date other smokers, because I'm tired of hearing the lectures, and I'm tired of being pressured to quit when it's something I enjoy doing. My current boy is actually a heavier smoker than I am.

I suppose, being mostly straight, that I'm a bad judge of what people look for in women...but my closest friends tend to be male, and I've really learnt a lot from them.

(Oh, and just to follow the seemingly current trend:
 -
WHY AREN'T MEN CHASING ME DOWN?!)

/me is poked by boyfriend. Oh yeah. [Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture