homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Katie might help (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Katie might help
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 12:56      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even though i am only 13 alot of adults and other teens say I have a certain insight for porblems if you have one I might be able to send some helping words like this to a guy who felt guilty about breaking a couple up 7 years ago: Everyone has something they are not proud of but the past is the past and as hard as it may be you have to learn to let things go.If not your going to become so worked up in your own head(which you seem to be now) that you'll never be happy

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 13:06      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to keep threads like this in one forum. It's appropriate for either of them, just pick one next time. [Wink]

That said, welcome to the forums! [Big Grin] I wonder if the "Ask Katie" thread will beat the ask Zorro...Hmmm... [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 13:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie!... welcome to the Forums! [Big Grin]

them be wise words [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 13:09      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Katie!... welcome to the Forums! [Big Grin]

them be wise words [Smile]

thank you

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 13:21      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to the forums katie enjoy your stay

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 19:32      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah welcome to the forum

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
RootOfTheMasses
Newbie Larva
Member # 2508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 20:02      Profile for RootOfTheMasses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
Ah welcome to the forum

ditto, im pretty new too KT

--------------------
AIM: TheCommandPrompt

Posts: 5 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 20:29      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am insight proof. I am the Garak of GC. But I do bid you welcome. [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr Psyclops
Geek
Member # 2440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 19:28      Profile for Dr Psyclops         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. An "Ask Katie" post will definitly be more popular than the less-than-famous "Dr. Cyclops' Anti-Windows forum-flamin' escapades". [shake head]
Posts: 132 | From: Escaped into the waves... | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2003 21:31      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...too bad you don't seem to have the same insight for the basics of spelling and grammar. [shake head]
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 5 posted January 04, 2004 09:52      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, this is for questions, right?

So let me ask one:

Why is it that the green one makes clockwise circles, while the red one makes counter-clockwise circles?

Alright, that's maybe a too hard one.

I guess you're asking for questions about relationships, right?

Have to think about these.

Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2004 10:14      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red and green whats?
Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 12 posted January 05, 2004 01:19      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it was too hard... [Wink]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 4 posted January 05, 2004 08:35      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel bad saying this, but, outside of teenaged relationships, I have never seen a 13-year-old able to consult on the relationship issues of adults.

However, as a corollary, I have rarely if ever seen an adult adequately handle teenaged relationships: they either too doom-and-gloom or permissive. As an adult (I'm talking late 20's and up), we are able to have that perspective time offers. Life changes hugely once you (a) leave your parent's/parents' home, (b) create a life of your own, where you have to pay your bills, yourself, and (c) have children of your own for whom you have to pay bills.

I'll give over, though:

You know a young woman. She says she's in love, completely in love, and really wants to marry this guy right now. They get along great. They already live together. The problem: he won't keep a job, is already in a crumbling marriage, and is a transvestive multiple personality. And she's suicidal-depressive sometimes.

But remember, now. They make each other happy, and around one another, they really seem to work. She's less depressive than normal, and what he's offering -- a simple life with a big family in the Midwest living on a farm-- is exactly what she says she wants. She grew up middle-class, see, and feels her parents gave her their love in USD ($).

What would you recommend she do?

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 11:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say stay away, but that's only because I've had my fill of messy guys, thank you all the same. That and I've spent many a summer in small Mid-western towns and I'm not sure a transvestite would be happy there...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 11:49      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but, see, Xanthine, the transvetite came from the small Midwest town, and usually was using his more masculine personalities there, so he could blend in....

The woman grew up in a nice University town, went to private schools, etc.

Assume they met in a city about halfway between: his wife at the time being from that area and said troubled woman being a student at the university.

And remember, please, that they are in love. Realio-trulio in love!!! [Happytears]

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 15:18      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow... thats a lot of mental disorders to pass on to kids, maybe they should adopt if it gets to that point. Small communities can be close knit and supportive of their members, if the town they plan on living in is like that it's a definite plus.

If the guy can't keep a job though that's a big problem, I'm assuming its at least in part due to the multiple personalities. I've no idea how seriously the different personalities affect his work. I'll assume if its a small town any work he could get would be something not in a vital role thus would be minimum wage and/or part time.

The girl would probably not be able to find anything much better in a small town, but costs probably wouldn't be too bad... well after the divorce and marriage. hmm... I'd have to say its probably not a good idea, its a pretty safe bet any relationship won't last, then they'll wind up stuck in a tiny town. but then I'm a cynic

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 16:04      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, sounds like a pretty clear case of a co-dependent relationship to me. And they pretty much always end in tears, from what I've seen.

Having said that, when I was double checking on what co-dependent relationships are, it made me wonder about my own...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 21:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
You know a young woman. She says she's in love, completely in love, and really wants to marry this guy right now. They get along great. They already live together. The problem: he won't keep a job, is already in a crumbling marriage, and is a transvestive multiple personality.

Depends.
Are they the same dress-size?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 21:35      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
You know a young woman. She says she's in love, completely in love, and really wants to marry this guy right now. They get along great. They already live together. The problem: he won't keep a job, is already in a crumbling marriage, and is a transvestive multiple personality.

Depends.
Are they the same dress-size?

ROFL [Big Grin] [thumbsup]
Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2004 22:05      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Depends. Are they the same dress-size?

Interestingly enough, let's say he encourages her to gain 50 lbs, so they end up being the same dress size. And undergarment size. And say, he takes her brassieres and stuffs them with the socks she needs to go to school the next morning.

But he cleans house well in drag. And they're in looooooove. And she wants to be tolerant, as her upbringing on the coast has taught her.

Jess

[EDIT: Obviously Katie in any one of her many alter-egos hasn't stepped up, so I'm going to let my participation in this hypothetical thread end here.]

--------------------

Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2004 12:45      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie? Adding on from Jess's .. Jess'? Jesses? ... Just Jess B's point [Big Grin] we (young/middling teens) really haven't got a clue about adult relationships. Its difficult to take it from an adult, but I myself am 16, and I've been where you are, and I thought I could help, but they have their own mess of stuff that we really can't help with due to our lack of experience of well... experiencing it.

And Jess? Even though you've gone from here, you may still take a read, and for advice on their love I would leave it. Love like that can be really helpful for the people if their lives aren't especially fun. Love lifts people out of the clouds, into the Sun if even for a little bit. And even if it isn't true forever love, they'll still have happy memories, right? And yes, they'll be down if/when they split up, and based on the co-dependant thing one or both might think at some point that its a good idea that they do (I did).

And how bitter are they going to feel if someone intervenes, rather than them coming to exactly the same place in their lives, but knowing that they did it themselves that they were either a) independent b) strong enough to walk away or c) i don't have a c, but there should be three things in a list.

But people, whatever goes wrong, have an ability to pick themselves up, be it a month or many years later, and its all a learning thing. I now know not to get so heavily into relationships when I'm only small. I learned from the muchness of pain that I went through for months afterwards that its not worth it at my age, what with all those hormones and shit. But now I'm happy, and I can look at my ex and think, I needed you then, but I'm stronger now.

Oh dear, I digress.

Love from the tin, Spoonie [Wink]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2004 18:28      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Jess. I'm 16 years old and I can't even work out my own love life let alone anyone elses.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricegirl
Mini Geek
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2004 10:44      Profile for Ricegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitiude about the problem. I read it somewhere [Razz]

--------------------
Pride can break a man right down from iron, twist him round and tatter up a soul.

Posts: 84 | From: U.K | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2004 19:36      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Depends. Are they the same dress-size?

Interestingly enough, let's say he encourages her to gain 50 lbs, so they end up being the same dress size. And undergarment size. And say, he takes her brassieres and stuffs them with the socks she needs to go to school the next morning.

But he cleans house well in drag. And they're in looooooove. And she wants to be tolerant, as her upbringing on the coast has taught her.

Jess

[EDIT: Obviously Katie in any one of her many alter-egos hasn't stepped up, so I'm going to let my participation in this hypothetical thread end here.]

Jess... step away from the Jerry Springer.

But other than that, I would have to say:
"A guy that cleans??? KEEP HIM!"

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture