homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Well, found the answer...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, found the answer...
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 06:22      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, about a year and a half ago, I joined this site...I had a lot of questions about long distance relationships and being friends after a break up. Well, seems I found the answers on my own. LDR's do NOT work out, well, at least not when you have a busy life, it is easy to lose the connection to someone if you both have busy schedules, etc. As for as being friends with an ex, that is a crock as well, I never did understand that part. Now, I am back on my I hate men rant...at least until the next one comes around...

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 06:48      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Well, well, well, you found out you do not have the ability to set up schedules and allocate time to make connections. So it is the others fault or is it yours?

____ So now you are coming to realize that some men only want a SRU (sperm receptical unit) and you want more than that. Keep looking there is some one out there that will mesh with you, and you with them, s/he dose it matter only if you want kids to raise, or have objections to certain lifestylts.

____ Now get off the pity potty and go out and enjoy life when you are ready someone will come along.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 06:58      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan...he was not like that, good man, really. I just think in order for a relationship to work you gotta make the effort to see, talk, more often...just didn't happen...I am going back to my pity- pot for now...Actually, no...I think I will go shopping instead, nothing a new pair of jeans won't fix!
Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 11:15      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I was not trying to cast a dark cloud over any one, I am trying to warn you about the slimeballs that go to MeatMarkets (Singles Bars) hook up joints and such.

____ Now, as to your plan to go shopping, have a fun day and enjoy yourself just don't run up the plastic too far.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 12:51      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well I have sworn off clubs, bars, the internet, and won't let friends set me up anymore...I think I will just breathe for a while alone...nothing wrong with that:)
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2009 16:36      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck gg, you are a grand girl, and I am sure things will work out for you in time. Until then I hope you enjoy the roller-coaster ride. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2009 18:11      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello GeekyGoddess Lady!

That is just the saddest thing I read all week. Sad! Sad! Sad!

I would say sadder than my cancer biopsy! And that is sad.

It looks like you have a broken heart. And if you could not be friends with your ex, maybe he has a broken heart, too. And two broken hearts together do not even make one whole heart.

I am sorry to hear that.

I know Mrs. Geek 2Me and I have lived apart before for over a year. A whole year. And many times we were busy. But we did not stop loving each other!

I know my sister, who is married to Captain America, goes a very long time without her sweetheart. He is in the Navy. Some girls just love a man in uniform! I don't know if you know that or not!

Captain America is busy, busy busy! 08 hundred to 17 hundred: Kill terrorists! 17 hundred to 23 hundred: Keep America Free! 23 hundred to 08 hundred: Make the world safe for Mom and Apple Pie! Very busy! But Captain America and my sister still love each other.

The way I see it love is like a beautiful fall day with your sweetheart holding you tight and everything is perfect. Ever have one of those days? I have. I don't forget those days, ever!

But then it gets cold and life is not so warm. But that warm fall day? It will be back! Yes it will, indeed!

You write in your post that your guy was a great guy. If he is, then I say you should call him up!

If he really loves you and is really a great guy then tell him how sad you are. See what happens. He could still love you. And if he says, go jump in a lake #[email protected]!!!! Then he is not a great guy. That is that.

I wish you well GeekyGoddess Lady.

Have a great day!

Thats Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 10:59      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LDRs tend to magnify problems in relationships, especially newer ones, in my experience. It's hard to see something like that fail, but learn what you can from the experience and move on.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2009 12:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While they are few and far between, I do know of LDRs that have worked.

It's not untrue that people can be friends afterwards, though. It probably helps to have been friends beforehand, and not to have an acrimonious breakup. (I also certainly know of the common case, as well. :/)

Chin up, relax, enjoy life, and worry about any of the other stuff when the time comes. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture