homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Must all good things come to an end???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Must all good things come to an end???
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 18:40      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I have not gone off in a rant about relationships in a while, so gird your loins, Here I go!

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight, he was complaining of his "girl troubles" And I just sat there, not complaining about my relationship issues, because for the first time in a while, I have none! He kept saying over and over, give it time, it will all blow up in your face. Will it? I mean, I look at my past relationships, and they did. But, I like to think I am older, wiser, and more aware of what I want out of a relationship. Who knows?

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 22:04      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things change. Things always change. That doesn't mean they'll be less good than they were before.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac Geek
Geek-in-Training
Member # 25023

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 04:48      Profile for Mac Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is like a Apple //gs,
when its new, its wonderful,
after you had it awhile, you find you and it work great together, and have a productive relationship.
then one day, it starts getting sluggish, you ignore the problems, and one day it just stops working.

Then you dump it for a Shiny new mac.

Love is like that too!

Jonathan

[OK, OK, before I start getting flamed...]

No matter how good a relationship is, you need to keep it fresh, keep it new, Love is great but it can't sustain.

--------------------
Mac Geek Member # 25023
"I am not a Number, I am a FREE MAN"

Posts: 33 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 18:53      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ms. GeekyGoodness,

Wow! That friend of yours ...

I didn't know guys watched the Lifetime Bitterness Channel! I thought it was just for middle-aged women who supported Hillary Clinton for President. But now I know better!

I think a lot of people go through one bad relationship after another. I know I have! But maybe it just takes some of us a little longer to understand how to find the right person with whom to share a loving and rewarding relationship, and the right attitude to make it work.

And work is a part of relationships. And so is understanding. And so is dealing with rough patches.

Let me share a love story with you.

I met this wonderful woman. We had these delightful chats and discussions and grew closer to each other. Eventually, as it happens between men and women, we decided to spend a lustful weekend together. Fun and games right?

WRONG!

I will tell you our first night was a disaster! Ughhh. I'd swear each of us spent most of the night, backs to each other, clinging to opposite edges of the bed trying to figure out how to sneak away. "Run Forrest! Run!" And then morning came.

That was OK. We had breakfast. That was OK. No running. That was OK.

Then we went for a motorcycle ride. Mmmmm. The beginning was awkward.

But sometime, over the winding roads, the ups and downs -- maybe after the first winery, or the second, and most definitely by the the time day had warmed and the sun lit up the reds and golds of the autumn leaves and kissed our cheeks. And maybe before or after some grumpy old woman tried to kill us because that witch's only job in life was to make sure no rowdies on Harley-Davidsons ever, ever passed her - something magic happened. Really magic.

We fell in love.

By the time we'd found a place to eat -- oh a wonderful little ribs joint with the best ribs in the whole world -- the eyes I peered deeply into were the only eyes I'd ever want to see in that light. The smile was the only smile that would make my heart glow as brightly. Ah! Oh! The worst of nights broke into the best of days!

When we left, there was another couple from Saint Louis getting ready to leave on their Harley. They saw we were a number -- a couple. And we were. We are.

Overcoming the rough spots can make a couple or break a couple. I'd like to think it helped make us a couple.

I hope the relationship you write about brings you as much happiness, joy and comfort as this woman in my life has brought me!

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 02:48      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________ geekygoddess __ Not to sure about your age but you seem to be about as old as the number of years with TheMrsMoMman. While picking a companion do not expect them, to always agree, always do your bidding. DO NOT ask them to be your life, but your companion, do not try to live through them or let them live through you. Think of a companion as a member of a team, not unlike a pair of horses in a harness, both need to go the same direction to pull the load.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 03:49      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks MoMan, You are right! I think I am just going to enjoy it for what it is and try to stop analyzing it! I guess sometimes I try to find things wrong in relationships because I am a bit of a commitment-phobic. I would hate to ruin such a good thing just because of what other people say, or because of the past.
And MO, how long have you and the Mrs. been together, not that I would EVER tell my age, just wondering:) Congrats!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 05:09      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ geekygoddess __ Soon to be twenty years married, twenty two of knowing each other. I am aware that others on this forum have been married longer, but I was the first to jump on your post. Better be carefull I have a ton of granpa pics.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 05:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs Druid and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next month, but women as tolerant as Mrs Druid are rare.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture