homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » I want it all!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want it all!!!
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 20:17      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I met with an old friend tonight, who is getting married very soon, and seems to have a little case of cold feet. He then explained to me how the woman he is going to marry is the perfect woman for him, in every aspect except for in the bowling alley. He seems to think it is impossible to find the perfect combination. Hot steamy bowling games and a best friend. I understand that bowling can get boring after years and years, but before the marriage? I feel kinda bad for him. What is more important in a relationship? The hot bowling, or the deep rooted stuff? I want both!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 21:13      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can get both, take it. As for which is more important...well...they're both important so it's really going to depend on the people. If you have a great bowling game together, but not the deep stuff it isn't going to last. If you've got the deep stuff a lot of times you can teach each other to bowl better (or at least more to your liking).

Plus in my admittedly limited experience, it's not the time together that makes bowling happen less often, it's kids. When it's just the two of you you can make crazy plans, stay up late, go out spontaneously, and bowl whenever the mood strikes you. After kids you have to plan a lot more and sleep is more precious because if you stay up late to bowl you don't know for sure the rest of the night will go uninterrupted and daytime bowling is a lot trickier.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2008 01:15      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Peebs said. I think quite often a great bowling team is a symptom of a deep-rooted connection. If you can be honest and open with your partner, if you know how to get through to them, and if you are able to compromise and balance the things you both want, then surely you can get it together and bowl amazingly, right?

I'm not saying that if you're bad in the bowling alley then you have a bad relationship... but sometimes it can be worth investigating the causes of not hitting a single pin [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2008 02:20      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're both pretty important..

And bowling can be like everything else. Sometimes practice makes perfect [Wink]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2008 03:34      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think of the life together that you are making as a real building, then the bricks it is made of is your relationship. A good sex life isn't that relationship, but it is for most people a great part of the mortar that helps hold those bricks together, in good times and bad. So yes a relationship can hold together in the absence of good sex, but it is very difficult and gets increasingly so over time.

Your friend is almost certainly right to have cold feet, as it is almost certain that sooner or later one or both parties will go elsewhere for the sexual passion that the marriage lacks. I can't speak for others, but however moral, and proper I might wish to be, and though I have been married for over a quarter of a century, and have been faithful to my wife for that time, humiliatingly I have to admit that when the chips are down, I am, like every other man I have ever met, ruled by my dick. As Bruce says, "Everybody has a hungry heart".

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2008 14:20      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think both are important, but the deep stuff more so. You can teach your partner to bowl better, and I've been in a few relationships like that, where I had to learn to bowl better. I think there's an old quote about that, "You have to have a bed of friendship first. The other stuff fades."

Personally, that's my approach for relationships in general. I'd rather take an average looking partner with a great personality than a really beautiful partner lacking brains. But that's just me.

Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2008 14:37      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
And bowling can be like everything else. Sometimes practice makes perfect [Wink]

Then, there's this new saying that goes "it takes 10 000 hours of practice to be a genius"... Get practicing! [evil]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture