homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » To e-mail, or not to e-mail (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: To e-mail, or not to e-mail
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2008 19:54      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

Did you let her win???

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2008 06:34      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I can say that I'm glad I took the bus, and that she found the camper top to be very comfortable.

Is that code for something? [Wink]

I'm so happy for you, MMKK. Glad I returned to GC when I did.

Why was it strange?

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2008 11:56      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, okay, okay. Ya'll want more details, and I *want* to spill every last detail, but I also feel obligated to uphold my gentlemanly status and not tell /everything/.

The date was weird in that we golfed very quickly. Maryanne had a dinner to get to with the marching band at 6:00 (which they'd only told her about earlier that day), and our date started at 4:30. It was REALLY freaking hot out so after our rushed 18 holes we hung out in the arcade for a while to cool off in the A/C. I find it really easy to get lost in conversation with her.

The other weird part of the date is that I walked her to her car and showed her my bus. She really liked the bus, and thought the camper top was really cool. Then we sat and talked in the back of the bus, me on the side seat, her on the back seat, for a good 45 minutes (while she's missing the aforementioned dinner). We took our shoes and socks off because we both agreed being barefooted rocks.

Then she asked me "how do you get up there?" and I started to analyze the situation, worried about "going too far" and stuff, but I stopped myself. So I showed her the 3-step process to climb up and then she climbed up there with me.

We sat in the camper top and talked for a while. Then we laid down in the camper top and talked for a long while. I felt really comfortable talking to her, she felt really comfortable talking to me. We talked about kids, the Catholic Church, the Rosary, our families, society... lots of things.

It was really wonderful, the whole of it. There were real sparks... like fireworks... so much so that I lost my breath at one point. I mean that in the most literal sense, I had to physically gasp for air. Intense! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2008 12:17      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK - this is very good news indeed. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

But...... a word of caution....

YES, we all want to know everything because we are all really nosy

and

YES - you want to tell us everything because you are really excited and happy.

One day though, your lady might find herself reading your posts and she might not react too well to your candour, especially when it's still "early days". It sounds like you two have got off to a wonderful start in your friendship/relationship and it would be a real shame if any problems were caused later because of early "disclosures".

I really wish you all the best and I hope you have plenty of good times together but for now.....should you perhaps think about a little "post-posting editing"?

EDIT- I've just realised.... If you edit yours, I'll need to edit mine....which is fine! [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2008 12:30      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash: we laid in the camper top and talked... nothing very scandalous about that; weird and strange, perhaps, but not scandalous. Any potentially scandalous details that you infer from my post are all coming from your assumptions.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2008 12:39      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Heavy Sigh*

I think you guys are off to a great start MacMan!!!

There is no better feeling than the feeling of a new budding "friendship".

I don't think you said anything that would hurt you guys, however, I would not discuss any particulars on here, keep the good stuff to yourself!!! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Congrats Mackie!!!

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 05, 2008 07:09      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The latest news: I found a facebook message this morning. In essence it was: I'm too busy to have time for guys right now; i need to focus on school and see where God wants me.

Personally, I think she's scared. I think our first date was too intense and it scared her. But I do also realize that she is VERY busy, I know that to be true. I feel, though, that she is trying to "logic" herself into thinking that she shouldn't be with me, using her full schedule as leverage to make the point to herself. Our first date went so well, but I'm sure she "MMKK-ed" it up afterward and got overthinking things and freaked out. Maybe she thinks I just want in her pants... which couldn't be further from the truth. [Frown]

Now, WTF do I do about it?

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 07:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Become her friend?

I mean, if she really was that great to be near then having her around is a plus. And, if she is just scared about the intenseness, being around MMKK without the other tensions being the main attraction may ease her worries.

Then again you may wind up being just like "one of the girls." And if that concept doesn't work for you, keep on keepin' on.

Edit: And turn in your man card. Every man wants some tail. It may not be the number 1 want. But to think otherwise is just wrong. So very very wrong.

/me goes into a dark closet until the shakes wear off.

"Not thinking about sex? Dear <diety> what is wrong with this world? Make it stop make it stop make it...."

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 08:46      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom: I didn't say I'd refuse sex, I'm just trying to say it's far from my primary goal here.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 08:49      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a nice, considerate reply saying you thought your day together went really well and asking if something else is bothering her? She may open up as to the real raeson(fear, I suspect). You can let her know that you are willing to take things slowly and that you do not intend to pressure her for the physical stuff, that you just want to spend time getting to know her.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 05, 2008 09:04      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom wrote: And turn in your man card. Every man wants some tail. It may not be the number 1 want. But to think otherwise is just wrong. So very very wrong.
ha ha bravo Shroom!

Give her some space dude.

Snaggy's straight talk'n express:
Honestly, the God stuff means serious issues and complications and guilt and hypocrisy, and what a waste of time, in my humble opinion. Back. Away. Slowly. Then run.

MMKK, try not to over-think this. In a few short decades you will be dead, in a few billion years, the Sun will consume the Earth, so there's better things to do and see and obsess over right now.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 13:05      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. What the heck happened? All I know is if she wants space, you better let her have it. Have you responded to her email yet? Hmmm...Seems kinda strange though! I wish I could offer better advice, but I'm not really sure what the heck is going on, maybe she is scared!!! Sorry Mackie, this saddens me, it sounded so, so...perfect! [shake head]

--------------------

YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 13:27      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there mmkk. sorry to hear about this set-back.

i would suggest sending an email saying that you can understand feeling overwhelmed trying to juggle so many different goals and people, but that you enjoy her company and would love to just hang out perodically as her schedule permits.

then just kick back and email her weekly or so to say hi and casually fill her in on your week.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 16:17      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Yayawoman is wise in the ways of earthlings, heed her sayings MMKK.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2008 17:26      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy Ah, you sound like a man after my own heart. Have any openings up there?

EDIT: (Hit the Add Reply button too soon, doh!) MMKK I have to say, much of the advice here is good. First, take it from someone who knows, when the excuses start coming up, back away to the Ring of Friendship. See if she wants to hang out, keep it all friendly and natural. If it's meant to be, it will happen. In the meantime, don't deny yourself the pleasure and company of other women.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 07:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________ MMKK __ You sir are in a problem of partly your own making. You may have run across a total control freak, ever detail is planned over and over, with no detail left out. She may even have a list of qualities that some one must have to be considered for the rest of her life.

____ Along comes MMKK and either you filled too many of her qualities, or you have swept her so far off her feet that she thought of tossing the list. It doesn't matter SHE IS AFRAID, afraid of herself and what she may do.

____ If she comes around again watch closely especially for control or OCD traits.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 08:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my response, in condensed and censored form:
quote:
I can understand being busy. I've been juggling work and school steadily for the last 3 years. So I know about being busy. [Smile]

Also: things moved pretty quickly on Tuesday... That wasn't my intention, and I'm sorry if I freaked you out.

I hope we can still be friends and hang out from time to time. I really like talking to you, and it's a challenge trying to find intelligent people to talk with, as I'm sure you know.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 09:05      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK - here's an idea that hasn't been thrown into the mix yet:

It may be that she is completely into you, just like it seemed on your date. However, what if her parents/ band leader/ minister or whoever has started putting pressure on her as soon as they see her making new friends outside of school & band practice?

She may have been told to "take a step back" from boys, when inside she really wants to see how this new situation with you will develop.

Just a thought.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 11:25      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash: Yes, I agree that is quite possible. The bottom line, however, is that she is afraid. Whether that fear has come from inside or from external sources (or from some hybrid of the two) is inconsequential, IMHO.

The fact that she let her guard down (waaay down) around me indicates her /true/ feelings toward me and shows me that she truly is interested and that my presence (my aura) makes her comfortable. (Allow me to restate here, there was NO "insert Tab A into Slot B.") The fact that she was willing to skip her somewhat-important dinner to spend time with me backs up that fact.

However, Catholic Guilt can do funny things to people, and I am certainly no stranger to it's effects. One of the most prominent effects is over-thinking situations, weather in the present OR re-over-thinking past events. It's not uncommon to go back and re-alayze past situations in which the brain was "turned off" at the time. I am a master of this, and I cannot fault anyone for falling prey to the temptation to over-think themself into a circle. In all seriousness, I find the fact that she's as prone to over-thinking as I am rather attractive and indicative of the similarities we share.

In the same vein, I realize that pushing at this point would be futile and stupid, and would play into her fear (and/or the fear of her parents/peers). Alas, I will give her as much space as she needs, and in time, she may realize that I truly am a wonderful, caring, loving, lovable, gentle, peaceful guy -- a great catch -- who isn't looking to slime his way into her panties. Until that time comes, just being able to talk to her is a gift and a pleasure.

I will not intentionally prevent any other relationships from forming for her sake, but I also cannot ignore the fact that I am completely smitten by her. If I am given any signs that she is NOT interested in me, I will rethink my position, but until that time I am going to stay the course.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 15:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me seconds Snaggy's remarks and simply adds "Run for the hills!" She may be cute and all, but some such girls are a bit messed up the head, and will share that joy with you.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2008 15:26      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK: For someone who went through 12 years of Catholic school, I totally get it, and I think you're in the right frame of mind about it.

Catholic guilt and being crazy aren't the same thing at all.

For most people, at least. [Razz]

--------------------

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2008 19:54      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacMan.. Do we have an update yet???

Anything???

[crazy] [crazy] [crazy]

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2008 03:10      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"... and see where god wants me"?
What the heck?
I have heard that christianity fucks with your brain, but this sounds really weird.

As you might know I am an atheist. As such, I find this kind of talk a real kick in the nuts-of-sanity.
One more reason to raise your kids as atheists, it doesn't give them unreal images of sex, relationships and love.

Anyways.. She might be scared about the "commitment" or her religious beliefs are messing with her and she is trying to refuse her feelings.

Whatever the exact reason, I guess noone knows, probably not even she herself.

Just take a step back, stop thinking/analyzing/worrying and wait.. Your offer for friendship-only was good.

On a side note MMKK, my relationship collapsed and ended yesterday. The reason? We got together too quickly and skipped the "get-to-know-each-other" stage. Skipping this level made a hole that we apparently can't close or make up for..
In any case, I need to restock cigarettes and beer for tonight....

Good luck, I have a feeling that she will approach you in the future again!

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2008 06:11      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No update, nothing, not even a reply from her.

I'm thinking it's over, so I've written it off as her loss.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2008 06:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: That's a pity...she's cute. :/

MMKK: Good on you for being able to write it off. Better in the end and all.
(That's what she said, also. [evil] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture