homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » To e-mail, or not to e-mail (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: To e-mail, or not to e-mail
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2008 20:03      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, version 2 is sent.... I'll update you when I know something.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2008 03:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOH! How exciting! I can't wait!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2008 07:18      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh a girl disapears for a few weeks and misses all the good stuff.

Way to go mmkk.

hey, just think of all the horrible dirty jokes you two can share on your date.

Hey, wanna see my putter?

Hey, Ill put you in charge of handling balls maryanne.

Look at this wood!!

heheheee. the opportunities for foul middle school humor are endless.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2008 13:38      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's already told her he'd like to play with her again. [Razz]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 26, 2008 19:21      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! [Big Grin]

SHE SAID YES! [Big Grin]

She also said she's busy this week, and could possibly make it Friday afternoon. She also used the phrase "I would enjoy that though, it shall be fun." [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2008 19:48      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!

MacMan, I am so excited for you!!! I am such a hopeless romantic!!!

Tell us how it goes!!! See, the direct approach is always the best one to follow.

Congrats man!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2008 07:07      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

I'm so excited for you! You deserve it!

--------------------

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 27, 2008 07:10      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go MMKK. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 27, 2008 08:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super Mag Valour! [Applause]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2008 15:35      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! [Big Grin]

SHE SAID YES! [Big Grin]

She also said she's busy this week, and could possibly make it Friday afternoon. She also used the phrase "I would enjoy that though, it shall be fun." [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

You haven't told her about us have you?
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2008 16:37      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear, MMKK. I couldn't offer any advice, as I had a similar experience once that did not go as well. (After a conversation, I realized it seemed like she was dropping some hints, so I checked with a friend, and she agreed. I had a directory with her email address, so I sent a message, but she replied and said she was already in a relationship.) I didn't want to discourage you, so I kept that one to myself until there was news.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2008 03:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woot!!!!!

Whoda thunk virgin day at the local church would be such a good pickup joint? [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 07:52      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: Her Friday was kind of hit-or-miss, she didn't know if she had band camp all day or not. She said that Tuesday would work well any time before 7:30PM. Since I'm heading west for the holiday (which made Mom very happy), I e-mailed back and told her that we should do Tuesday at 4:30, so that's the plan. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 08:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything I need to know about life, I learned from xkcd

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 09:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one time.....at band camp.....my friend.....he swallowed a thumbtack.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 11:45      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA!!! Good one Cap!!!

You know, I was a band geek...However, I did not play the flute!

MacMan, have fun and let us know how it goes!!!

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2008 13:39      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
HAHA!!! Good one Cap!!!

You know, I was a band geek...However, I did not play the flute!

Not even the 'skin' flute?

/coat

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2008 10:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Tomorrow's the big day! [Eek!] I'm all atwitter.

Mini-golf at 4:30, after I get off work. [Big Grin]

I'll let ya'll know how it goes. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2008 13:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
[Big Grin]
Tomorrow's the big day! [Eek!] I'm all atwitter.

Mini-golf at 4:30, after I get off work. [Big Grin]

Second date, take her bowling.

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2008 13:44      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be yourself, dude. [Wink]

Don't forget to have fun, too!

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2008 08:20      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight's the big night. Maryanne and I had a long facebook chat last night. I was supposed to be in bed by 10, finally went at midnight. [Smile]

Our casual chat helped put my nerves at ease. I think we're both really into each other. [Big Grin]

Edit: 5 hours, 11 minutes and counting...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 02, 2008 11:13      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's always a good sign! I'm so excited. Damn-just realized I'll be in bed by the time you get back. I shall check first thing in the morning. Will you be posting when you get back?

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2008 13:08      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat a whole bunch of celery......

Trust me.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2008 13:17      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooooo!!!! MacMan steer clear of the celery! Come on, who you gonna trust? Me, or the Cap'N? Now, oysters however are a different story... [Big Grin]

Have fun Macky...and keep it clean!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 02, 2008 19:31      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I just got home. I'm hot, I'm sweaty, my heart is pounding, my knees are shaking.... And still neither of us need to go to confession. [Smile]

She won the mini-golf.

I can say that I'm glad I took the bus, and that she found the camper top to be very comfortable. I will also point out that the only clothes that left our bodies were shoes and socks. Bare feet are more comfortable.

We talked a lot... a whole lot. Being a gentleman, that's all I can tell about; but I know we will be seeing each other again.

All in all, a very good, but strange first date. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture