homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » I'm gonna be alone forever!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm gonna be alone forever!
cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted July 09, 2008 20:20      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, wow..it is incredible how much I hate men right now. Perhaps there's something in the water in this town that turns them all into asses.(word? guess i just made it one.) But seriously..i need to get outta this hell hole before I lose whatever I've got going for me.

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

Posts: 8 | From: Middle of Nowhere, USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 20:36      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheerdoll, do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Men will come and go, you gotta change your attitude. Don't beat yourself up over a guy. You just need to find something else in your life to occupy your time, go out with your friends, it's summer have fun, be young. Cheer up, it gets better, I think [Eek!]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 21:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing: "asses" is definitely a word. Mind you, the first definition in the OED is not necessarily the one you're shooting for, but it is the correct plural of 'ass.' (At least the kind that goes 'ee-awww' [or summat like that].)

Secondly, geekygoddess said "it's summer have fun, be young" - fact of the matter is that you *are* young. The odds that some annoying thing that happened this week is going to determine that you are single forever is highly unlikely.

Chill out and relax. Stop looking and live your life...and enjoy it!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 00:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. "I hate men" is an attitude approximately as attractive to men as "I hate women" is to women. That is to say: not.

2. Given that you are 16 and have not actually had an adult life yet, I think "forever" is a bit melodramatic. If you still haven't met someone by the time you are 60, I'll rescind that.

3. In my personal experience, the more satisfied you are with your own life, the happier you are on your own, the more likely that people will find you attractive and want to be around (and with) you. It's double-edged--if you get there, you'll understand why. You can't fake it, you have to actually be happy and satisfied.

4. You're sixteen. If you hate that "hell-hole" so much, study your ass off and in two years you can leave it forever, and go to the college of your choice. Scratch a tally into your baseboard, like a prisoner, if that's what floats your boat, but you are actually in control. Maybe not of what happens now, immediately, but of what happens in the near future. (And two years may not seem like the near future to you, but it's coming, and faster than you think.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 04:48      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fs you forget that when you are sixteen, "forever" means "perhaps until the end of next week".

Anyway don't worry cheerdoll, things will get better when you reach the other side of the universe, that is to say in a year or so. Why not try enjoying your life and not worrying about hooking up with a boyfriend. Sometimes the best things happen when you are not looking for them.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 05:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
3. In my personal experience, the more satisfied you are with your own life, the happier you are on your own, the more likely that people will find you attractive and want to be around (and with) you. It's double-edged--if you get there, you'll understand why. You can't fake it, you have to actually be happy and satisfied.

Worth quoting and saying again and again and again.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 07:00      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think every girl has the "I hate men" syndrome, around your age. It is usually caused by a breakup that you didn't expect or want to happen but did.

Then a week later you are watching your favorite movie and are drooling over the guy in it. And then X months later you come across a new guy at the place you work or something and you fall in love all over again. And now, "You love men" (with clauses) and everything is good again.

Like others have said, be yourself and don't go looking for a man, he'll come into your life on his own. Just enjoy your summer and have fun and in a couple years you'll be like me and moving away to the big city to go to school and away from the small town.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 07:12      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheerdoll wrote:

quote:
"I'm gonna be alone forever!"
Ya know, you really do get used to it and begin to like it after a while. Just sayin'...
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Night Q. Hand
Geek-in-Training
Member # 19080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 07:57      Profile for Night Q. Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, usually, when I read
quote:
"I'm gonna be alone forever!"
I become very, very deeply cynical and ironic.

However I will keep that part of my thoughts for me right now, because I do have the feeling it might hurt you even more.

So let's get down to the serious part of business now, okay?

Since you are obviously from a small town (I remember the >1000 thing [Wink] ) it is possible that in fact all men in your town (or as I like to call it, village [Razz] ) is an ass, yes. But this is not necessarily the case. I don't know your town, so I can't say anything about the boys there.

If you wanna get out of that little town - get out as soon as possible (good friend of mine is actually planning to leave her smelly little village immediately after graduating and moving to the next bigger city). I can only support fs' point 4. study, study, study - it is definetly the best way (and it will help you in your life later on!).

Next, geekygodess is right! You have friends to cheer you up! When I'm down, I call a friend and we go drink a beer. Since this is illegal for a sixteen year old in the US, you probably have another method of cheering you up! Don't sit there, thinking about men, cursing them to hell, whining about your bad luck or whatever! Go live girl! If you don't like the men from your town, well then you don't have to give a f§cking shit about them! There'll be a man in your life again sooner or later. Until then - do soemething else [Wink]

And to cut this short. I completely agree with all of fs' points - especially changing you attitude! Nobody wants a miserable man-hating girl!

You're heart will mostly likely get broken a few times more - deal with it! (This sounds hard, but actually it isn't!)

--------------------
Human intelligence has a limit, for some it's higher, for some lower (J. Heinzelmann)

Posts: 31 | From: Münsingen, Germany | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 10:09      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheerdoll – If I shared with you my horrific past experiences with women you'd wonder why I don't hate them.

Having said that, I've been with someone exceptionally wonderful for 12 years. Yes, I am twice your age, but I do remember feeling the same way you do now (albeit, about girls, not boys). fs is right, and everyone else's advice is spot on; you need to take a step back, relax, have fun, discover you. I'll add to that, discover who you really are without the addition of a someone else.

I'll also share this: One of the biggest lessons I've learned in life is that sometimes the things you so desperately seek appear, quite suddenly and without warning, when you least expect them. Don't get yourself so wound up, in time, and when the time is right for you, you'll meet that guy who totally does it for you. In the meantime, you're 16, you should be concerned with having fun, not finding "Mr. Right" and being with someone forever. It was that very attitude, that need to be with someone that helped guide me into much trouble. It was only when I stopped worrying so much that I got to where I wanted to be.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
cheerdoll
Newbie Larva
Member # 18665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 19:47      Profile for cheerdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said I wasn't happy. I actually am in a quite comfortable place in my life. But, don't you ever just get irked by something someone says or does and need to get it out of your system? I know I've got my entire life ahead of me. I'm not some melodramatic teenager convinced that the whole world is against her--I was just really frustrated.

I realize that once I bust outta this town things will be much different, and believe me, I'm counting down the days to when that happens. Sometimes I just gotta let off some steam, though.

--------------------
*Give peace a chance*

Posts: 8 | From: Middle of Nowhere, USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture