homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Pick up lines (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Pick up lines
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 23:07      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, So I ventured out this evening with the girls, and quickly realized why I stay at home in the first place. What I would really like to know is where you guys get your pick up lines from? And just out of curiosity, do these lines ever actually work for you?

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 23:33      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dirty movies mostly

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2008 23:33      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I dont know if I count, being a girl and all, but I used a line once.

Walked by this guy and stopped dead and walked back. Looked him in the eye and said "hi, my name is (blank). I am sitting around the left corner with my friends. I am now heading to the bar to buy a drink but when I am done if you want to come sit and talk with me you are welcome to."

AND IT WORKED! It was a fun weekend.

I know i know, it is not quite what you are talking about, but for me it was the equivalent of a line.

Sometimes a line has worked on me when a guy is poking fun at himself and testing to see if I have a sense of humor. If we both end up smirking and giggling before he can finish, it usually led to at least a funny conversation.

It is the poor souls who try these dumb lines with a total lack of humor, or irony, or silliness that really really really bomb.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 01:12      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 08:27      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you tell me! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 09:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the most popular pick up line in a nursing home?
-
-
-
-
-
-
Do I come here offten?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 10:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really gotta appreciate character John Nash's directness in the movie, A Beautiful Mind. It should be much easier, (and fruitful), for a woman.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 17:27      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weeell, I gotta admit the old "teehee, i'm drunk AND horny" tended to work well for me also. That was in more youthful days though.

Shame, women dont really have to worry about lines too much, do we?

Nyah nyah

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 23:21      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a guy who reckoned that the line:

"Ever been to bed with a fat biker?"

got him laid just as often as it got him a slap! [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2008 23:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I want to know is, why are women so unimaginative with their pick-up lines?

I get that "Go away or I'll call the police" playing-hard-to-get line all the time. [shake head]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 05:23      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, I feel if the guy can get the nerve to come over and make an even half way funny attempt at a line then he should at least get a chance. It's the cocky one's that I can't stand. I have a soft spot for the nervous, shy type:) Oh, and Druid, My lines are very imaginative... "Did you clean your pants with windex, cuz I can see myself in them" works for me everytime!!!LOL!!!

--------------------

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
geekgoddess
Mini Geek
Member # 12312

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 10:03      Profile for geekgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HATE pickup lines. Most of them are so corny and unoriginal. I've had my fair share thrown at me and I'll either a) Flat out ignore the person, b) Stare at them blankly with the "You're a dumbass" look on my face, or c) Retort. My standard response to "So what's your sign?" is "Do not enter."

Don't get me wrong, if an attractive, NICE guy were to approach me, I'd be more than happy to chat with him. In my experience its usually desperate, skeezy guys that rely on the pickup lines.

The best pickup that I've had tried on me lately was by a guy I work with. He'd written out a personals ad and asked me to "proof it" for him. It said something to the tune of "Seeking beautiful 23 year old intelligent, funny, educated, sarcastic brunette in glasses. Must love music, cooking, books and have a sense of humor..." He handed it to me to read and said "You don't know where I could find a girl like that, do you?" LOL.

It was probably the sweetest, most respectful come-on I've ever had.

Posts: 79 | From: The Abyss | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 10:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does standing on a bar top and announcing you'll have sex with the first woman who meets you outside count as a pickup line?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 12:04      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!! That one ALWAYS works for me LOL! Steen, if you used that more often, you wouldn't be celibate!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 13:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh... well, in that case, a pickup line has worked for me in the past. *nod*
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 14:14      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA!!! You crack me up!!! My place or yours??? [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 14:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just wanna play with my Wii [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 14:55      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Hey, a girl's gotta eat, you know what I'm saying??? [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 15:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do indeed... and on a tangent, one of the games I have for the Wii is "Cooking Mama: Cook Off" which actually does absolutely nothing to help feed you, but it's a lot of fun none the less.

Pretend food tastes the best anyway [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 15:16      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree... No carbs, calories, or fat!!! [Wink]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 16:08      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So c'mon over. I'll totally pwn you on scrambled eggs!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 19:43      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, Steen, what oh what will the others think??? They already think we are related. [blush]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 20:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that they'd mainly want to know if you kicked my ass at the game. The whole celibacy thing (even if I'm not a very good celibate) doesn't make for good gossip.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 20:39      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So your not actually celibate then? Well, that's good because that is no fun at all! [Big Grin] And for the record, I would so kick your ass at the game!!! [devil wand]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2008 20:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am... mostly... sorta. If you really want details, PM me 'cause I'm not posting them in public [blush]

And I would totally kis.. err kick your ass at any game you care to choose [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture