homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » An extravagant proposal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An extravagant proposal
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 03:45      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romantic genius, or just far too much time on his hands? Nice little film either way.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 12:04      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote is for romantic genius. (I'm in a non-cynical mood after reading a buncha Charles de Lint.)

That just makes me wish I had a hip art boyfriend with far too much time on his hands. And that I was into art gallery openings. And that I was on the in crowd in regards to art. And lotsa things.

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 12:33      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it cute. For a man to create such an elaborated trick, either he is madly in love, or he wasn't sure of her answer.

(Personnaly, I'd be perfectly content to be told "Ah! let's skip the bureaucratic headaches and just officialize our relationship, shall we?" But it may just be my growing cynicism talking. [Wink] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 12:59      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
(Personnaly, I'd be perfectly content to be told "Ah! let's skip the bureaucratic headaches and just officialize our relationship, shall we?" But it may just be my growing cynicism talking. [Wink] )

Off to Vegas we go!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 13:26      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romantic genius and too much time on his hands.

For me, the gap between deciding to ask (the now) Mrs Druid, and actually asking her, was about 3 seconds.
Reckless impulsiveness is romantric too, right?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 18, 2007 14:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wingless:
quote:

Off to Vegas we go!
You crazy? What a waste of money and time. The city hall is good enough. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 14:37      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wingless:
quote:

Off to Vegas we go!
You crazy? What a waste of money and time. The city hall is good enough. [Big Grin]
LOL [Big Grin] Touche! I'll just go grab my good shirt... the one without any holes or stains...

Druid - And yes, it -is- romantic.

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2007 15:35      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell,

if he had the time, money and inclination to pull such a stunt...

I say madly in love fool... and good for him - I had to settle for the "I know we have been meaning to to it for years but..."

and even then it took Jackie to actually go do the "IRL" stuff to make it actually happen - well her and my "Best Man" Andy to be fair... without him and her determination to actually make it really happen I would still be "getting round to it later" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture