homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Why are men so difficult? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Why are men so difficult?
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 18:09      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.....I've been hearing all the complaining about women. "They are so difficult" "Women are so hard to understand" "Women are to complicated" and, as a woman, I wholeheartedly agree with these statements. I know I'm hard to understand, I'm definitely complicated and I'm probably overly difficult but.......I know men who are the exact same way. Or they are difficult in completely new and different ways. For example, a guy who has been hurt in the past and now won't tell anything to anyone and completely closes out the people he cares about in his life because he's scared. Or how about the guy who keeps you in limbo about a half-way semi kinda sorta relationship that doesn't exist. There are more but I wouldn't want to bore you. The point is.......men are uniquely different from women but they are both difficult in there own way so just get used to it and try and live together in harmony. That is all.
Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 18:39      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm impressed. Most people don't seem to figure that out until they're 25-30 years old. Some never do.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 18:51      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, both sexes are about equally screwed up- we deserve each other. [Razz] [Applause]
(Unless, of course, you swing other ways.)
^A hypothetical/general you, not you specifically^

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 20:32      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you can only swing two ways...back and forth! *ta-da-dunt* [Razz]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 21:11      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Nevermind. I'd just scare everyone with my response.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 07:47      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dating/Love/Fear of being alone makes everyone a little crazy. Has nothing to do with genitalia and everything to do with being human.

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 08:14      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

most of us know anyway.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 12:23      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

most of us know anyway.
I like to share [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2007 21:03      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would life be like without crappy relationships? Think of all the soap opera and sitcom writers who would starve without lampreying off our misery? Plus, without the jerks and bastardos the good relationships wouldn't stick out enough and get appreciated for what they are.

And they do happen, really. I know you don't believe me. There's actually no reason why you should. But they do. So nyaaah!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 07:45      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like you to prove that theory!! ;-)

Meh! I suppose life would be a little boring if men were perfect.

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 14:03      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Meh! I suppose life would be a little boring if men were perfect.

Too true. How dreadful it would be if men were the same as women. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 15:23      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to mention this, while we are in soul bearing intense emotional masochism mode, but if you are fairly shallow like me, dating and all that stuff can actually be fun, if that's what you want. Laughter and silliness are allowed, and worrying and trauma aren't absolutely compulsory.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:22      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I hate to mention this, while we are in soul bearing intense emotional masochism mode, but if you are fairly shallow like me, dating and all that stuff can actually be fun, if that's what you want. Laughter and silliness are allowed, and worrying and trauma aren't absolutely compulsory.

too true, too true.
But my inability to be serious and need to have laughter and silliness all the time leaves me happy for only short periods of time.

You need some emotional masochism sometimes just to have balance [Smile]

Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 07:58      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
too true, too true.
But my inability to be serious and need to have laughter and silliness all the time leaves me happy for only short periods of time.

You need some emotional masochism sometimes just to have balance [Smile] [/QB]

Or a guy who can give you emotional support and what you need to keep you satisfied/happy at all times!

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:05      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, I meant that my inability to be very emotional (which only alternates with EXTEMELY emotional behaviour) means that most men I date think that I'm just not that interested, and I can be rather aloof -- especially in the beginnings of relationships.

The general trend is in the beginning, they are looking for constant reassurance that I'm interested and I'm rather aloof, then after a few months they get comfortable and relax and get less, well, lovey... and I miss that and start acting all lovey and emotional... It very rarely works out. At that point I start acting domestic and cook dinners and knit scarves and they freak out and bolt.

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 7 posted June 21, 2007 08:33      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no, I meant that my inability to be very emotional (which only alternates with EXTEMELY emotional behaviour) means that most men I date think that I'm just not that interested, and I can be rather aloof -- especially in the beginnings of relationships.

The general trend is in the beginning, they are looking for constant reassurance that I'm interested and I'm rather aloof, then after a few months they get comfortable and relax and get less, well, lovey... and I miss that and start acting all lovey and emotional... It very rarely works out. At that point I start acting domestic and cook dinners and knit scarves and they freak out and bolt.

I could use a navy-blue scarf. Oooh, and some fingerless gloves! Now that would be teh c00lz.

Chop chop, BA, I need them by winter! [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:36      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
psh. you've been looking to win over my ice-cold heart from the start....

you're too young for me, Lovey.

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:43      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. But can I still get the fingerless gloves?

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:45      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the scarf is easier...
Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:48      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:

I could use a navy-blue scarf. Oooh, and some fingerless gloves! Now that would be teh c00lz.

Chop chop, BA, I need them by winter! [Razz]

you know, you could probably buy them with less effort then trying to win her over......that's my advice.
Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 18:32      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shouldn't talk about love. Longest time I've ever "dated" was a month. I never get to the "I'm used to you phase". [Razz]

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:24      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh, yeah, its because you take dates to applebees. [Roll Eyes]
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:28      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a slight aversion to such chain restaurants. They all seem so formulaic and predictable. The portions also tend to be HUGE. No wonder so many north americans have weight issues. These restaurants are trying to feed us to death!! Or at least lubricate our innards with a lot of greasy, fried onion blossoms.

(ok, nuff ranting on that.)

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:46      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmmm fried onions...

I love how people manage to make vegetables unhealthy... spinach dip, fried onions, mashed potatoes with lots of butter and salt... its sick, really.

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:52      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a crying shame to see such fine vegetables totally adulterated by all that nasty, bad stuff.

Okay, I do get the occasional craving for something really greasy and bad for you (like fries!).

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture