homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Pic,k one? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pic,k one?
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 17:50      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This question was posed on another forum I frequent. I've actually been thinking about it for a couple days, and my answer keeps changing. Let's see what y'all come up with:

- If you could choose only one, which would you prefer for one night: Great sex, then sleeping alone? Or sleeping with someone you care about without sex? –

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiroth
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 17:54      Profile for Tiroth   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleeping next to someone I love, without sex.

--------------------
Life is neither a good nor an evil; it is simply the place where good and evil exist.

-Seneca

Posts: 35 | From: Death Valley | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 19:03      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One night.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 19:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suffer insomnia and need a third option: "Great sex with someone I care about, then sleeping alone." [Smile]

If I had to choose, I'd spend a chaste evening with someone I care about. Sex is great fun, but you can have your own reasonable facsimile of it anytime you like. You can't simulate time with people you care about.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 19:07      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choose number 1 and here's why:

Sleeping next to someone is very romantic in theory, but when it comes to the practical application things get funky. Legs go on top of other parts, one person is too cold, one person is too hot, somebody needs more room, someone else steals a blanket. I love my husband dearly, but we have a small bed and a toddler who likes to hop up in it with us. I definitely sleep better alone.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 20:26      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tough one, but for right now, I'll choose mind blowing sex with this guy, then hogging the bed all to myself. [thumbsup] [Smile]

- [/QB][/QUOTE]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 22:27      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you'll be seeing any tranny-like waxed underwear models here - we're hairy, sweaty, smelly and proud of it [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 01:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo, for future reference, if you are sharing pictures of people in their underwear, you should put in a link to the picture and mark it NSFW. Some people do check the forums from work.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 03:16      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
This question was posed on another forum I frequent. I've actually been thinking about it for a couple days, and my answer keeps changing. Let's see what y'all come up with:

- If you could choose only one, which would you prefer for one night: Great sex, then sleeping alone? Or sleeping with someone you care about without sex? –

I think it depends on the night.

--------------------

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 03:45      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's fine at my workplace. The printer has calendars of naked women on the walls of the print room. I'm sure the lady who does all the finishing work would love to see that pic.

The four of us men stand behind the front counter and perv on all the beautiful women walking/driving past. [Wink]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 04:03      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
It's fine at my workplace. The printer has calendars of naked women on the walls of the print room. I'm sure the lady who does all the finishing work would love to see that pic.

The four of us men stand behind the front counter and perv on all the beautiful women walking/driving past. [Wink]

Some places it is fine, others it's not. A link with a warning is a courtesy to those who may be somewhere it isn't fine. (And to those that may not want to look at people in their underwear for whatever other reasons, too.)

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 04:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely sleep next to the man I love. After adjusting to the initial difficulties of sharing a bed, I sleep better with him next to me. It's especially nice because I usually end up throwing off my covers unconsciously, so I can just snuggle up to him to stay warm. And while great sex is, well, great, I'm more about the connection with my husband than hedonistic pleasure.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 07:32      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to choose, but I'll go with sleep.

The trick in a relationship is finding someone you can have both with [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 07:41      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
I don't think you'll be seeing any tranny-like waxed underwear models here - we're hairy, sweaty, smelly and proud of it [Razz]

I don't know about most women, but I prefer my men looking and smelling like men /smirk.

As to the question, I don't have an answer. It changes daily for me, depending on my mood and my desires. Lately, though, I'd settle for every other night of each.

--------------------

WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 08:07      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I don't know about most women, but I prefer my men looking and smelling like men /smirk.

Personally I'm working on getting to that "tranny-like waxed underwear model" point [Big Grin]

I've hit my fitness goal for my birthday early, and I'm hoping to have my full six-pack and 300 body by my next birthday.

Just because we're "geeks" doesn't mean we have to all look like RMS. I'd personally rather look like Russell Crowe [Wink]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 08:12      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WS,

I keep a couple of six-packs around the place. Sometimes up to four of them in a great big box.

And there is no way am I going for the shaved ape thing. Trimmed, but not shaved.

And to answer TSG, I would just like the sleep as of late. Too many 18-20 hr days in a row gets me a touch irritable.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 08:21      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
Personally I'm working on getting to that "tranny-like waxed underwear model" point [Big Grin]

I've hit my fitness goal for my birthday early, and I'm hoping to have my full six-pack and 300 body by my next birthday.

Just because we're "geeks" doesn't mean we have to all look like RMS. I'd personally rather look like Russell Crowe [Wink]

Currently, WS is fit enough that he's going to get women propositioning him again. As for the man-fuzzies? I like them because I had the other side of it (you know what I'm talking about WS) and the bare male body disconcerts me.

Me? I find him exceptionally sexy because he challenges me intellectually. Sorry, but most men don't. My conversations with most guys are the piffles of the intellectual world: "How are you?"/"Fine."/"Going to do something today?"/"Dunno."/"How are you doing with X hobby?"/"Okay. So, what are you wearing?"/. . . blink blink . . . blink blink . . . <IM IGNORE>.

That said, I am proud of the effort he is putting into his fitness, and paranoid that if I don't come up with the skinny soon, I'll be sitting alone with a bottle of gin in a dark room knowing exactly when it all started (or rather, ended).

No, Jess is not "teh happy" today. Which is why I'm going to the gym in a few, because walking my ass off on a treadmill feels better than wondering if the adage "it's noon somewhere" applies in this case.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 08:54      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't mean to imply that that was a bad thing, WS /chuckle. Just that for me personally, a little hair on the chest and a little bit of the male human pheromone goes a very long way in attracting me, and keeping me attracted.

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 09:45      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
No, Jess is not "teh happy" today. Which is why I'm going to the gym in a few, because walking my ass off on a treadmill feels better than wondering if the adage "it's noon somewhere" applies in this case.

You might want to opt for the "great sex" tonight too.

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 09:52      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well, that explains why so many here are single. [thumbsup]

I like hairy chests on men, but just because his isn't (which could be more to genetics than bic) I wouldn't call him tranny - like. Ain't nothing about that guy that makes me question my sexual orientation.

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 12:04      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it's good, Boo, that you feel that way [Smile]

If we all wanted the same kinds of men, there'd be a lot of lonely people in this world, and very few happy ones.

--------------------

Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 18:16      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleeping with someone I care about without sex.
...and then the following night I'd take the great sex.

I plan to be around for lots of nights during my life, so in the large scheme of things, it doesn't really matter what happens on a single night. "Live today as if you have all forever; live forever as if all you have is today."

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 330 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 19:47      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
quote:
quote:

What exactly does 300 stand for? Do trannylike waxedunderwearmodels have their own rating scale, with 1 being ex-Rosie and 500 being ex-Pam? [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 19:53      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do we have to choose?

I've done both.

I've held my best friend -- a pretty woman -- in my arms in my bed all night long and both of us enjoyed the night because we felt safe and happy and warm and the world was right.

That is a great feeling and there is no equal. A little too much wine, a late hour, and one bed in the house doesn't have to end up as a silly sitcom farce.

I have also had some great one night stands with some wonderful women that will last forever in my memory. And, I hope, in theirs, too.

One more time. Why do we have to choose between the two? Is somebody being mean?

And while we're at it, why are we still sticking people on a desert island with only ten CDs of music when we have iPods?

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 20:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What exactly does 300 stand for? Do trannylike waxedunderwearmodels have their own rating scale, with 1 being ex-Rosie and 500 being ex-Pam? [Razz]

I imagine they are referring to the movie.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture