homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » 1000 Days of Celibacy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 1000 Days of Celibacy
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 07:20      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1000 Days of Celibacy is a snarky, somewhat bitter (well, it's been over 1,100 days for her) journal about a woman who just can't get a break . . . in a dry spell.

I have several friends who have given up -- one hasn't been with a guy since the end of 2003/beginning of 2004 and has given up on men completely.

I guess I wanted to put this here, because it's something that makes me frustrated and sort-of sad, that people put up the wrong kind of filters. Then again, maybe we've got a culture, now, which doesn't know how to connect any more.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 07:38      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is soooo sad. It's what happens when women prefer jerks. They get all pissy.

All the good guys get screwed over because the women prefer jerks, and all the women who go for the jerks get what they deserve, then end up bitter and hostile. Later, rinse, repeat.

Not that I'm bitter... this only happened to me as a teen - I'm happy to be married to a wonderful woman now [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 08:15      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jess wrote:
(well, it's been over 1,100 days for her)

Phhhhtt! Amateurs...

I've got her beat times 3. So far age 32 to 42 has been really quiet.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 09:47      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfft to all of you. I went 5500 days.

From being born until I was 15 sometime.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 10:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*does the math*

2,772 days

*sigh*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 10:22      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me calculates 24x 365.25 [shake head]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
nekoseven
Newbie Larva
Member # 7812

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted April 25, 2007 12:16      Profile for nekoseven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah?
in a few months, i'll be like that 40 year old guy that had a movie...

um... wait...

--------------------
needs more input...

Posts: 6 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 13:32      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMFG. This woman is an idiot. She could seriously write a sed script to translate all her articles using only the words 'bitch', 'moan', and 'bastard', and none of the original content would be lost.

I can point out two things that are wrong with her: she doesn't appear to make a move (at least not within the first couple articles I read), and she thinks men don't like her because she apparently appears to be 'smart'.

For the first point, if she would start scoping out men to approach, she'd have a lot more luck than sitting on her ass pouting about how the gods hate her. Guys love that- at least the ones I know.

Secondly, maybe her friends don't hook up with intelligent girls because they respect them as individuals; if all they're looking for is a one-night stand, it's easy to see how they would want to avoid hurting or insulting an otherwise good friend, whereas it's easy to look at a skanky ho as nothing more than a living Real Doll(tm).

If she really wants to get laid, she has to tell people she wants to get laid. It works, I know- society has gotten to the point where sexual gratification can be settled contractually. I've been approached, and the only weird thing about it is the initial feeling of 'omfg did she really just ask me to dirty?' (I declined because the girl asking is... strange, but the concept still holds).

Seriously, this woman is as bad as I used to be in highschool. She needs to get over the fact that everyone else sucks and start making an effort herself. Only then will she achieve enlightenment (says the 19 year old college student who hasn't been laid in 9 months).

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 13:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I've gotta contact that babe, incessant whining is so sexy.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10666 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 25, 2007 14:04      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this topic was about this...

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 14:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
I thought this topic was about this...

LOL. Me too. [Big Grin]

(Oops. I broke the rules! [Razz] )

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 15:40      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nekoseven:
oh yeah?
in a few months, i'll be like that 40 year old guy that had a movie...

um... wait...

neko - maybe you should contact her via her blog...

Just sayin' "maybe" here. [Razz]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 18:43      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Steen wrote:

*does the math*
2,772 days
*sigh*

Ok, the precision is starting to spook me. [Razz] I only know my last gf
moved out ten years ago and I think it was April or May. So I
say it's been ten years (TEN FREAKIN' YEARS!). When I mentioned
the subject of this thread to a coworker she immediately jumped
to a calculator and and after a couple of seconds declared an exact
number of days. She knew the date and even approximate time!
(a figure close to Steens', hmm...) I just figured 10 x 365. Should
I have been more precise? I figured the shock value of ten years
(TEN FREAKIN' YEARS!) would be good enough.

AJ and DNM, I think were talking dry spells here. In order to have
a dry spell you must first have a wet...

never mind.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:15      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that you asked, but I think one of the creative types around here should compose an ode to this topic and thread title. You could even take turns and thus turn it into a geeky little game.

It probably should not start with the line:
'Ah foun' mah thrill..."

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:26      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dry spell of two years. I'm not bitter about it. It was self-inflicted. I wanted it. I needed it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
quote:
Steen wrote:

*does the math*
2,772 days
*sigh*

Ok, the precision is starting to spook me. [Razz]
Don't be spooked... first, I made a typo. It should have been 2,672 days ago. Second, 2,672 days ago was New Years Eve of 2000. Sort of an easy date to remember.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:40      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
...Second, 2,672 days ago was New Years Eve of 2000.

And then to commemorate the occasion you joined Geek Culture Forums three weeks later, right? [evil] [thumbsup]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlicguy wrote:
And then to commemorate the occasion you joined Geek Culture Forums three weeks later, right? [evil] [thumbsup]

Actually, I predate UBB and I think the "member since" applies to when I joined the UBB board. I've meant to ask Snaggy about it a few times, but never got around to it (yay for procrastination!)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:54      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
... I predate UBB ...

As long as you're dating someone...

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 20:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so far. I know someone I'd like to date, but it's just not possible right now. Maybe later.

Tomorrow shall be 2,673 *shrug*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 21:28      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so easy to go out and get laid. People give it out so freely that there is no real challenge. All you have to do is go to a skanky bar.

All you really need to do to get a good friend is to clean yourself up, go out, and be social. Eventually you'll meet someone who has similar interests that you can connect with. Then you can take that good friend to a skanky bar, woo hoo!

Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
mistersaxon
Mini Geek
Member # 6816

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2007 05:26      Profile for mistersaxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Not that you asked, but I think one of the creative types around here should compose an ode to this topic and thread title.

OK, I'll have a go at that . . .

The Thousand Day Blog
Makes me want to say just this:
"Get a fscking clue!"

Hmmm . . too harsh you think?

--------------------
Rich.

Posts: 64 | From: Thame, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2007 09:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
It's so easy to go out and get laid. People give it out so freely that there is no real challenge. All you have to do is go to a skanky bar.

All you really need to do to get a good friend is to clean yourself up, go out, and be social. Eventually you'll meet someone who has similar interests that you can connect with. Then you can take that good friend to a skanky bar, woo hoo!

Precisely.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welly
Newbie Larva
Member # 8098

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2007 14:05      Profile for Welly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't read it properly but if she really wants sex and isn't too fussy, she could get action from any number of men in an instant. She's either very picky (nothing wrong with that) or choosing to not have sex. Fact remains, if you're a woman, within limits no matter how hideously ugly you are, you're going to find someone equally desperate for a jump.
Posts: 6 | From: Bristol, United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2007 17:09      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few spare if any of you want to end your fast (if you're not fussy about them being warm, and don't mind them half full).

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture