homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Dilemma (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Dilemma
Leo00o0
Maximum Newbie
Member # 6700

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted December 24, 2006 11:04      Profile for Leo00o0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 11:15      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, with an attitude and outlook like yours, you sound like a perfect cadidate for the fat, bald, butt-ugly but rich 50 year old sugar daddy position. Or, worse yet, a catcher for the opposing team.

</thread>

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 11:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leo00o0 wrote:
how am I supposed to protect my career by not having sex (when it equals risking a forced kid and all the consequenses that will have on my career) AND not be emotionally damaged and experiment sexually untill I can afford to be with an attractive girl?

First, get familiar with the terms "anal", "oral" and "handjob".

Second, if you really think women are out to trap you into fathering a baby, you need to stop doing research and actually talk to real women.

Third, the only reason you should have to worry about being able to afford to be with a woman is if you're in Nevada and short on cash.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 11:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more research material

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leo00o0
Maximum Newbie
Member # 6700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 12:03      Profile for Leo00o0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, oral anal and handjob involve sperm unforunately, something that can get in the vagina either way...

and what will talking to women do for me? I need advice from older and wiser guys who know what its like to be a virgin and realize the consequences of sex.

by the way I'll conveniently ignore any comments related to hookers and going gay. I realize that my problem is your entertainment.

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 12:03      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ain't sayin she's a gold digga...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 12:08      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo00o0:
by the way I'll conveniently ignore any comments related to hookers and going gay. I realize that my problem is your entertainment.

But didn't you just bust the closet door down with force and ferocity of a charging rhino? Might as well come out, we can see you now [Smile]

Yours truly,

The dude who's not too old, definitely not wise, and forgot what it's like to be a virgin.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 12:12      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you're right. It's a huge conspiracy. All the women in the world are out to get your sperm into them so they can have babies and screw up your career. I've been secretly helping them.

We'll be sending the black helicopters by sometime next week to collect samples, by the way. Make sure you eat lots of protein in the mean time.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 13:49      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a dilemma. I'm a 23 year old male virgin.

Hi! I'm supergoo. Nice to meet you.

be an asshole to women, be the bad guy
Some women go for that kind of thing, but that's not the kind of girl you want to have a relationship with. If she's attracted to you because you're the "bad guy," then I can almost gaurantee that the relationship will end with misery and tears. Where matters of romance are concerned, I personally try to keep assholes away from me with a 10 ft battle lance.

My attitude towards women right now - cannot trust them.
I think that might be your first and foremost problem. Women can be kind, women can be cruel, but not all women are psycho-bitches. You might want to take a less skeptical view of women before attempting to date them.

I've heard countless examples of in the Leykis show. Such as women not taking the pill on purpose and taking your condom afterwards, and trying to get pregnant with it without your acknowledgement. That horrifies me. Every guy I know doensn't care about these consequences at all.
Most women, if they aren't in a stable, long-term relationship, do NOT want to get pregnant. Most men do not want to get their girlfriends pregnant either. Women who intentionally get pregnant in order to hold onto a man are a different issue.

So, I guess this all boils down to Supergoo's Rules of Engagement:

1) Be kind.
2) Treat others with respect and consideration, which is a re-statement of rule #1.
3) Be more willing to listen than to speak, which is another way of following rule #1.
4) Don't resort to name-calling. Name-calling is childish and causes nothing but anger, so it is a violation of rule #1.

Just be kind, and all else will follow.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 15:37      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This smells like misogynistic flamebait, to be honest. I mean, really, doing relationship research by watching/listening to trashy talk shows...come on, this is like claimning to be a marriage expert because you read tabloids.

But, anyways, here goes.

If you want to have sex with women, but are afraid of getting trapped by a pregnancy, I recommend finding a woman who would also lose her career, or have it severely hindered, by an unplanned pregnancy. Believe it or not, not all of us just want to reproduce by any means possible. Your other option is women who have had hysterectomies or their tubes tied or is otherwise infertile. Or you can be proactive and get a vasectomy. Then all you have to worry about is STDs. You, could, also of course, just have sex with men and animals and thereby avoid reproduction altogether.

And, BTW, I've found that the average woman is just as trustworthy as the average man. Take that for what it's worth.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 16:30      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have the right idea. Don't get committed, don't get married 'til you're stable... if you get married at all.

However, I would recommend dating women but keeping it light and not getting too involved. That way you get the experience in both the sexual and emotional arenas, but it doesn't suck (as much) when things go sour.

I personally can't see myself getting married; it just seems like an extension of dating with the added downer of producing children nowadays. I think maybe Xanthine is correct in saying that most women are just as trustworthy as most men, but the thing is we fellas are trusting them with our hearts- a very hard thing to do for the average guy, and it seems all to easy for women to abuse that trust to gain something from the relationship that they would not normally have.

Case in point: I'm on christmas break along with my buddy and his (now) ex-girlfriend. She recently attempted to 'take a break' so that they would only be 'dating', but she'd be able to see 'other people'; however, she said she wanted to still be with my friend because she really thought he was the best thing for her right now.

Two things to take from this: She only cared about what was good for her, i.e. having my buddy to dump her problems on.

And, she'd hinted she'd start going back out with him exclusively after a while. I saw past everything in an instant when my buddy told me about this; I believe his judgement was clouded by disbelief and hope that this wasn't really happening, but I figured the reason she wanted to do what she was doing is that it's christmas break, and there are two guys in town for whom she has had amorous feelings in the past. When she said she'd get back exclusively with my friend, what she meant was after she'd had her fun over christmas break and her boytoys had left to their respective colleges, she'd go back to my friend for emotional support.

When asked for my advice, I told him straight up that that's bullshit and that he should end the relationship immediately; there's no point being used and abused by a woman who obviously doesn't care about you.

See, the problem is that you see a lot of this thing. or maybe it's just me, and normal healthy relationships stay below the radar, but either way I see this and I can't help but harbor a deep distrust for the gender I'm trying to get close to; call me cynical, call me mysogynistic, but no guy I've ever met has tried to seduce me and dump his emotional problems on me, then leave me to have sex with other guys. Of course, if that did happen, you'd all hear about it.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 16:48      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with Xanth on this one...

sounds like misogynistic trolling to me.

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leo00o0
Maximum Newbie
Member # 6700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 17:17      Profile for Leo00o0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the advice everybody.

nerdwithnofriends, you've made the most sense so far, thank you for that.

As for the mysogenistic crap that was mentioned earlier... I don't hate women, I just don't trust them. Trashy talk shows? that's your opinion Xanthine. for me they're a valuable source of info.

I don't expect all of you to look up statistics to back up what you're saying. All i've heard so far have been proven on the Leykis show (he always looks up statistics from official sources) and by Dr. Drew, a board certified physician and Adam carolla, a self proclaimed genius that makes a lot of sense about the dating game and relationships.

I know its easy to translate what I said to be for ALL women. I never said that or meant that. That doesn't make any sense. of course not ALL women are after my sperm, of course not all women are "psycho bitches" as Supergoo said. I said there's a risk of getting involve with those kind of women that i'm not willing to take right now because i've heard and seen the consequences.

I forgot to mention that i'm an atheist and I don't believe in marriage at all. So no, it's not a religious thing here. Just trying to make sense out of this.

Also about the Vasectomy, I'm planning on it.

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 18:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
the thing is we fellas are trusting them with our hearts- a very hard thing to do for the average guy, and it seems all to easy for women to abuse that trust to gain something from the relationship that they would not normally have.

Oh believe me, it goes both ways. In equal amounts. For every conniving bitch that breaks a man, there's a scummy pig who destroys a woman. In a perfect world, the scum would mate with the scum and they'd chew each other to death, but this is not a perfect world.

And, as we say in the lab, you can sit around and theorize until you're blue in the face, but in the end you just have to do the fscking experiment and see what happens.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 20:30      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:

And, BTW, I've found that the average woman is just as trustworthy as the average man. Take that for what it's worth.

Xan, if we were lesbians, or one of us were male, could we run away together? I think I love you. [hearts]

also, yeah, vasectomy sounds like a good idea.
a paranoid nutjob like you probably shouldn't be allowed to ever raise a child.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 20:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
biz: I'm pretty sure there's a bloke who'd object to that. [Razz] (That, or maybe he'd ask to watch? [evil] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 21:16            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would not want to watch? ;)

Actually, dman, when I noticed you'd replied to this topic I wondered if it would be a comment about the girl who offered to let me pay her to have sex with me:

quote:
Eleanor: oh by the way if you ever feel the need to loose your virginity, i need a bit of cash
Telcontar: hehehe
Telcontar: [snip]
Eleanor: like i said, i need some cash
Telcontar: I'd have to be very desperate to lose my virginity to prostitution, even a cute one
Eleanor: well im going to have dinner now, so i'll talk to you later
Eleanor: have a think about it though, yeah?
Eleanor: see ya, merry christmas! x
Eleanor has signed off.

Maybe LeoOOoO ("Open Office.org Objectionist"? "Object Oriented ... something") could take up Elles on her offer, as long as he wants to fly to Leicester, England anyway.
IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 21:59      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Trashy talk shows? that's your opinion Xanthine. for me they're a valuable source of info.

Um.

Ok.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 03:15      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get off the sidelines and get in the game. You worry too much.

To get laid, download Line Rider

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40255643/

Put it on your laptop and play it when you're around a woman, like in a library or a coffee shop.

She will see it and say, "Isn't that cute! Wow! Look what you can get that little guy to do!"

Then ask her if she'd like to go to your place and enjoy sex.

Wear a hat!

Worked for me last night, and it was Christmas Eve! (Thanks for the link, Snaggy! Wow!)

So what if that's naughty? We saved Santa a trip.

Isn't that right, Brenda?

That's right, Colonel! You Dickens!

See!

Gotta go! Duty calls!

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 06:00      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
biz: I'm pretty sure there's a bloke who'd object to that. [Razz] (That, or maybe he'd ask to watch? [evil] )

I'm pretty sure there are two blokes who would object. or watch. but its not up to them, is it?
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 10:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jeff, maybe we really just don't want to know.

quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
Xan, if we were lesbians, or one of us were male, could we run away together? I think I love you. [hearts]

Awww...

I think my bloke would object. And then, after he was finished objecting, he'd ask to watch.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 12:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also about the Vasectomy, I'm planning on it.

Yes, do the gene-pool a favour ! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 12:48      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
jeff, maybe we really just don't want to know.

quote:
Originally posted by business attire:

Awww...

I think my bloke would object. And then, after he was finished objecting, he'd ask to watch.

Sounds like a wonderful idea - das jacemarine tries to stab xanthine in the lung and gets aikidotossed out of 50th story window, das kreziserb tries to burn biz to a crisp with his amplified microwave laser and gets sabered into a million thin slices, biz and xanthine run off and do whatever it is they were planning to do, everyone lives happily ever after [Smile]
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 13:19      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your imagination is so... vivid!
but, then again, I can actually see all those events happening.

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 13:19      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relationships are a huge drain on both time and money, so I agree that they do need to be balanced with other goals. I agree with Xanthine on this; if you're worried about someone attempting to screw up your life, find someone whose life will also be screwed up in the process.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture