homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » What a weekend (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What a weekend
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2006 15:19      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red is just a horrible color all around when it comes to printing (Red and the shades of are the hardest to hit in CMYK)

But any way....

Back on subject. I went to the bar with this girl last Tuesday and we did a little talking and stuff. I left early, I had to work early in the morning.

But tomorow (Saturday 20060603) is the first official date. So we will see how that goes.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2006 04:32      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Ah yes, but Mr Ashitaka, you really need to redo your avatar as PNG or GIF. The damage done by the JPEG algorithm to the red (a long standing design flaw) has made it quite an eyesore.

I like it that way. Seriously.

And if you really really really think it's an eyesore you can join the fan club and dragonman has a nice little script you can use.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2006 16:07      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Ah yes, but Mr Ashitaka, you really need to redo your avatar as PNG or GIF. The damage done by the JPEG algorithm to the red (a long standing design flaw) has made it quite an eyesore.

I like it that way. Seriously.

And if you really really really think it's an eyesore you can join the fan club and dragonman has a nice little script you can use.

Good grief...I turned it off, and is uilleann ever right...that is quite an eyesore. Glad I don't have to see it. [Wink]

I don't believe uilleann has had any success with Greasemonkey with his configuration of Firefox...otherwise I'd help him out, gratis.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 2 posted July 04, 2006 16:36            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I can remove individual images with AdBlock if they're that annoying (the worst is people's refusal to pick something unique, argh, but the avatars are so shit I refuse to use one at all). I don't have an allergic reaction to badly-encoded JPEGs so I never could be bothered to block it, though, but I wish people would learn how to save images properly.
IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 19:56      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
uilleann

but I wish people would learn how to save images properly.

uilleann your not alone on this battle. I sometimes in my computer science class get the odd remark of someone saying "You can save pictures as a JPEG" or the time when someone adds .jpeg or whatever extension to the end of the file name instead of choosing it from the drop down list.

It gets annoying when you are looking through pages of programming for the source of the error or trying every possible thing to fix someones animation and the problem turns out to be that someone dosn't know how to save images properly.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 08:15      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either I'm old or some things don't cross the country-culture barrier.

WTF is a 3 day rule?

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 08:25      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elvermere:
Either I'm old or some things don't cross the country-culture barrier.

WTF is a 3 day rule?

Your supposed to wait 3 days after meeting a girl to call her. If you call earilier then that you look desprate and if you wait longer then that you look like your not intrested.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 10:41      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Your supposed to wait 3 days after meeting a girl to call her. If you call earilier then that you look desprate and if you wait longer then that you look like your not intrested.

That's the most damnably retarded thing I've ever heard. [Roll Eyes]
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 10:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

Rules are rules.

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 12:58            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rules are meant to be broken.
IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 13:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Agreed. If I don't respond to something when I'm thinking of it, forget about it. If I try to play games like that, postponing the message, I just don't do it. Screw it, I'll look desperate for e-mail or whatnot...it's probably true, anyway. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 14:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. If I don't respond to something when I'm thinking of it, forget about it. If I try to play games like that, postponing the message, I just don't do it. Screw it, I'll look desperate for e-mail or whatnot...it's probably true, anyway. [Wink] [Razz]
But that would just scare the girl off. But at the same time they want to be chased.

Can we get a girls oppinion on this?

--------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2006 14:19      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can we get a girls oppinion on this?

Yes.

Call her the next day if you're interested.

Putting it off to make it look like you don't like her as much as she presumably likes you is stupid, and, speaking as a chick, I'd lose interest and go back out on the prowl if I didn't hear from you within two days, tops.

Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted July 17, 2006 06:40      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ffs. What a load of immature drivel. Imagine some completely arbitary number of days to wait so you don't look "desperate". Oh hang on, it exists and I don't have to imagine it? What a load of big, steaming donkey balls!

<RANT>

Make up your own mind. If you did enjoy yourself then give her a ring back the day after and let her know. If she thinks that you are desperate then you probably don't want a relationship with that person anyway. And give the girl a little credit. If she thinks you are desperate then it doesn't matter when you ring back, the answer is going to be no (unless she is looking for that).

So please, I implore all you youngsters who are looking for love, MAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS! Don't become mired in social mediocrity! After all, the person who is going to love you is going to love you BECAUSE of how you stray from the social standard.

Normal is the mean, not the mode nor the median. In a way I'm trying to say that there is no middle value, only an average that we deviate from.

So please, be yourself and if relationships don't work out then you can say that you were not right together. Do not blame yourself or your partner. If you are yourself then you have nothing to be ashamed of.

</RANT>

Perhaps this should have gone into rants and raves but maybe something of what I've typed will go in.

My apologies but somethings should never be given credence!

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture