homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » I'm getting married in the morning! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: I'm getting married in the morning!
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2006 21:59      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Well, actually at 6pm, if all goes as planned, and not tomorrow morning either. But keep reading...

I really wish I had a digital camera! This afternoon (3 May 2006), while standing on my mother's front porch (he wanted to go down on one knee, but he was shaking so badly he was afraid he'd fall over, so he remained standing!), the love of my life asked me to marry him and I said "Yes." We're planning a December 2006 wedding... hopefully on Friday the 29th.

So the ring... I'm sure y'all want to know what it looks like. It's a blue topaz, marquise cut with five diamonds at each point and a smaller pear-shaped blue topaz on either side. The band is yellow gold, which wasn't my first choice, but it works really well with this ring. Besides which, you can't really see much of the gold 'cause the stones are so huge (and Jonathan said this was one of the smaller rings in the store! I'd be scared to see what the others were like!). As soon as I can get my hands on a digital camera, I'll post pics.

His parents and my family and the two of us will be having dinner together on Mother's Day, after which we'll be planning the wedding. That should be, umm, fun. I know what I want... I'm just not sure how to convey it to my mom and everyone else.

I still can't quite believe I'm someone's fiancee. That's just so weird to think about! [crazy] But I love him very much and I'm so glad our engagement is official now. [hearts]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2006 22:14      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever decide on your damn dress?
Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2006 22:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't consider it an <expletive deleted> dress, but yes, I bought a dress. Incidentally, it was delivered to Mom's house today, so after getting over the initial (pleasant) shock of the proposal, she and I went upstairs to look at it. It's absolutely beautiful. I haven't tried it on yet, but I love the fabric and the design looks like it'll be great for my figure.

Oh, right. I bought the Aurora d'Paradiso #2372 in white... the one with sleeves, not the "vest"-type overcoat.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 7 posted May 04, 2006 00:05      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Rhonnie! [Smile] I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! [Applause]

As I previously offered, if you want any hints for a winter wedding (or wedding in general) please feel free to get in touch with me privately.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 00:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, thanks for the reminder, BW. I'll definitely be contacting you! [Smile]

--------------------

SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 01:33      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to the happy love birds! [Smile] I pray that everything will be wonderful and perfect!

Oo, you should try and get Apologetix to play at your wedding [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 02:13      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Isn't it a bit unconventional to buy a wedding dress before a proposal?

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 03:37      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wohooooo!!!
Congrats Rhonie!

=)
Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 08:05      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Rhonnie! All the best to you both.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 08:23      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll add my Congratulations as well. I pray you will have a long and happy life together.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragon34
Geek
Member # 997

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 04, 2006 08:37      Profile for dragon34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! [Applause] Hope wedding plans go well! I'll add you to my list of yet another person who got engaged after me and will still beat me to the altar [Smile] (It's getting pretty long now, maybe we should get on with it [Wink] )
Best wishes for a long, happy marriage!

Posts: 146 | From: Central PA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 09:00      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Rhonnie. Good luck and may the...hehehe [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 09:04      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
Congratulations!

Isn't it a bit unconventional to buy a wedding dress before a proposal?

It might be unconventional, but I've known plenty of couples who knew they were going to get married before the official proposal. I was in one of them! [Big Grin]

Congrats again Rhonwyyn, I'm so happy for you!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 09:19      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
I have very little experience in weddings besides my brothers' weddings, and from what I saw there, get a pair of extremely comfortable shoes, you get to be standing quite a lot there =P

--------------------
Uno no está listo para vivir si no está listo para morir.
_,_,·~

Posts: 47 | From: Honduras | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 10:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Rhonwyyn, may you guys have a long and happy life together!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
canadiangeek
Geek
Member # 4946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 10:24      Profile for canadiangeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrads Rhonnie!

--------------------
-whenever you build something that's idiotproof, someone comes out with a better idiot-

Posts: 161 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 10:49      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 12:29            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Felicitations to you, Rhonwyyn. "May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live."
IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 04, 2006 12:34      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I offer my sincerest congratulations Rhowyyn. I hope you two live a happy life together. I will be attending the Wedding of my my frieds Paul and Denise. Now they decided to elope first... Then Have a formal wedding... I was at the Eloping and I am traveling to the Kelowna on Friday morning for the Saturday wedding.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 12:52      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Congratulations [Smile]

I hope that you have a long and happy life together.

Now...following the fashion for conflating the names of celebrity couples (eg. Brangelina or Tomkat) which do you prefer...

Rhonnathon, or Jonwyyn?? [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 04, 2006 13:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats!

John de Lancie as Q: May whatever god you believe in have mercy on your soul. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 13:52      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by niniel:
Congratulations!
I have very little experience in weddings besides my brothers' weddings, and from what I saw there, get a pair of extremely comfortable shoes, you get to be standing quite a lot there =P

Oh yes! I wore ballet-type slippers to the wedding, embellished with beads and sequins, that I got at David's Bridal. And then I wore flip flops at the reception.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 14:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations ! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 15:17      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

The ring sounds gorgeous.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 04, 2006 15:19      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congradulations!!!

I wish I could say the whole phrase but I'll settle for butchering it with English:

"I wish you both Shorah and happyness for as long as you live."

(Shorah is D`ni for Peace)

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture