homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Wanted: Your opinions! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Wanted: Your opinions!
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 20:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maia:
OMG, that's just freaky.
What are you even doing looking at stuff like this, Rhonnie? Getting ideas for the honeymoon. [ohwell]

Eep! I hope not! And that's a mild, um, enclosure. No, the rest of the site caters to super-size women. It's really rather scary. I have some confidence that I shan't look quite as bad as they do, but then again, I actually tend to wear things my size, not three sizes too small.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2006 20:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Gah!

Oh wow. I did not need to see that.

I second that.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 06:36      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess a guy would wear that under his tux-edo.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 08:27      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, for a thrill, he could wear it outside the tuxedo. Might give the whole ceremony a bit of comic relief, particularly in Rhonnie's church.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 07, 2006 20:34      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That picture is just crying out for someone to say "I trusted you... You promised that you wouldn't show those pictures to anyone..."

--------------------
Geordie

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 20:34      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH I LOVE the one with sleeves. Actually, I think you could pull that one off without the sleeves... your veil would help if your worried about arms.
The other dress looks more like a gown, and not one for this occasion.
Speaking of veils, I prefer back in the day, when women would wear the veils over the faces before the kiss. I also prefer the long veils that drag with the train, but that's just me.
Either tone would look great !

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 20:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Geordie:
That picture is just crying out for someone to say "I trusted you... You promised that you wouldn't show those pictures to anyone..."

Barb's Large and Lovely Store: Men's Fashions

I have a feeling that guys who wear the products in that section (don't miss out on page 2!) don't mind who sees them!

--------------------

Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 2 posted April 07, 2006 20:41      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH WOOOOOOOOW hahahahahah!
That Banana was hilarious .
For real, what WERE you doing looking at these ?

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 20:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking for innocent nightgowns on the rest of the site, so I checked out the Men's Fashions to see what they're selling to big guys. Apparently novelty wear for, ahem, that part of the body is all that matters for big guys. [ohwell]

--------------------

dragon34
Geek
Member # 997

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 08, 2006 11:40      Profile for dragon34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the 2nd one too. And as for being *ahem* well endowed up top, my friend who got married last June had to get hers taken in at the top and she's at least a DD. They make them large up top and extra long. (she got crazy heels because she's short, and didn't want to hem the dress) It's easier to take fabric out then put it back on I guess, so I wouldn't worry about that, besides, you can always get a size larger and have them take in the waist. Most of the dresses include tailoring when you purchase anyway (If you buy from somewhere like David's bridal anyway)

//been involved with too many weddings in the last few years

Posts: 146 | From: Central PA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 7 posted April 09, 2006 11:31      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
I like the first option [thumbsup]

/me cringes and chooses the second one.

No offense, Zorro, but knowing your tastes aren't exactly ones I espouse...

that's ok, I enjoy being an individual [Wink]
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 09, 2006 15:02      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If that requires me giving up an hour of IRC time so he can use the computer to do his homework, then so be it.

Noo! How could you?? [Wink]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 13, 2006 16:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
w00t!!!! I am so ecstatic. I just bought my dress (Aurora d'Paradiso #2372, white, with sleeves) for $455 total, including shipping! That's $300 less than the price for which I found it originally. Super yay!!

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 16:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn - Result! [Applause]

That is great news - but may I put my $0.02 in?
Me and Mrs Grummash spent almost nothing on our wedding, and it was beautiful. Please don't get caught up in making it a "big occaision".

If the right people are there, none of the "trimmings' really matter. Enjoy it when it happens, but don't make it a stress-fest. You really don't need to spend $1200 on a photographer - most of your guests will have digital cameras, I presume. Ask them for a CD-Rom of their shots and print an album of all the best ones whenever you are ready to pay for a nice wedding album.

Just a thought.
Regards,
Grummash

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 16:45      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea, Grummy! Thanks! I think we'll get a professional photographer for the family shots and the bridal party shots and during the ceremony itself, but the rest of it we'll depend on friends and family... particularly if CSK is there like he's threatening! [Wink]

Getting my dress at such a steep discount gives me hope that I can get the rest of what I want at a discount, too. I just wish I knew of a place in Lancaster or Dauphin County where I can fit 150-200 people cozily for both ceremony and reception. If I only need to decorate one room, I can cut my costs in half. Besides which, since we're going for a Christmas theme, I'll borrow Christmas decorations from friends and family, cut greens from the trees on my aunt's farm, and pick up any glassware I might use from local Goodwill or Salvation Army stores.

It spites me, though, that I haven't been able to find affordable lanterns yet. I came across an auction of lanterns on eBay, but I didn't want to pay $180 for 20 lanterns.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 16:57      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn - sorry to labour the point but...

"only decorate one room"...

You won't need any decorations! When you are sat at the top table in your wedding gown, and Bear is next to you wearing a nice suit and a big stupid smile... ain't nobody gonna be looking at the balloons!

See what I'm saying?

Regards,
Grummash

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 17:29      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Bear is next to you wearing a big stupid smile...

Wait, when'd you see his picture? [Wink] Hehe...

Bear will be just grinning that day, I'm sure! I know I'll probably not be able to stop blushing! I've been to some weddings where, judging by the looks on the couple's faces, it's just another day at the office. Knowing the two of us, that will definitely not be the case.

I Googled "Christmas Wedding Favors" and found some sites to make really gorgeous and inexpensive wedding favors and decorations. My family's going to have fun putting them together. Mom's going to go crazy at the chance to put all her arts & crafts skills (and they are legion) to use!

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 08:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which dress did you get- the first one or the second one? And which color did you decide on?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 08:22      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
w00t!!!! I am so ecstatic. I just bought my dress (Aurora d'Paradiso #2372, white, with sleeves) for $455 total, including shipping! That's $300 less than the price for which I found it originally. Super yay!!

The second link (I think) that I posted. White, lace up the back, skirt gathered at left hip, with sleeves. The manufacturer had only one in my size left in stock, so I took it. I'm so eager to try it on! I hope it looks good!

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 18:51      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know where else to post these, so I figured I'd do 'em here. H0t p1x!!!11!! [Wink]

The best-looking guy in the world:  -

Jonathan's nephew, Sam, and I coloring Thomas the Tank Engine. What an unflattering picture of me, but I'm brave, so I'll post it! [Wink]
 -

--------------------

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 19:09      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a cute couple! Rhonnie, you look so happy. [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2006 19:23      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a handsome guy you've got there, Rhonnie. Congratulations! [Happytears]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 02:34      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, how cute!

You should take a pic in the dress, too! I'm glad you went with the sleeves, even though they might be a nuisance. Somehow they seem more appropriate for a winter wedding.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2006 19:20      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's a handsome fiance you've got, Rhonnie. Congrats. [Smile] I hope you two stay just as happy as you are in those pictures. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2006 00:15      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Good idea, Grummy! Thanks! I think we'll get a professional photographer for the family shots and the bridal party shots and during the ceremony itself, but the rest of it we'll depend on friends and family... particularly if CSK is there like he's threatening! [Wink]

OK, that's a scary thought [Wink]

Congratulations to you two, you do look so happy together...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture