homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » The Date went Well!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Date went Well!
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 17:44      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to her.

On Saturday I went out with an awesome woman.. a bit younger than I, but I was too attracted to let that bother me at this point.
We went out for dinner and Ultraviolet, and had a very nice time.

www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com

I also have a related short story on my myspace blog. (linked through Hero).

Of course, opening your heart to someone is just a big invitation for personal injury...
But you really can't move forward unless that's a risk you're willing to take.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 19:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nice to hear you had a good date after all the apparent angst that shows in your blog. I hope things turn out well for you.
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 20:54      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Good luck!

Going to see her again?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 07:46      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam:

Of course, opening your heart to someone is just a big invitation for personal injury...
But you really can't move forward unless that's a risk you're willing to take.

Bingo.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 16:10      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee I hadn't intended to sound angsty.
I guess it's just my ANGST coming through.
pay it no heed, adn pretend that I'm cleaver, rather than angsty.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 17:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not overblown, drama-queen angst. It's the normal I-haven't-met-the-right-one-yet angst with some clever wit and humor thrown in. If there weren't any angst in there, I suspect it would be like reading Hello Kitty's diary and would make me want to gouge out my eyes with a spork.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 04:38      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
...and would make me want to gouge out my eyes with a spork.

With the combination of pokey bits and scoopy bits into one implement, sporks would actually probably be really good for that, come to think of it. Though, the plastic is often flimsy, which detracts a bit.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 07:23      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the blood vessels and nerves would be caught in the tines, and would get torn out. Might make a mess.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 07:49      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree a spork is too messy. I would suggest chemicals. It's painful, blinds the subject but does not kill them.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 09:02      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
I agree a spork is too messy. I would suggest chemicals. It's painful, blinds the subject but does not kill them.

Chemicals might also make a mess, if you're not careful. If you want to keep it nice and clean, try a large hollow needle and a vacuum pump [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 10:33      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I suspect it would be like reading Hello Kitty's diary and would make me want to gouge out my eyes with a spork.

Spork??? Spork??? When did they stop being called 'runcible spoons'? [Confused]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 10:43      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spork = Live long and eat junk foods?

Spork = Used for eating Spam?

Spork = Answer to the question: What kind of meat is bacon?

Dang! This thread is confusing. Oh the humanity...and the angst!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 09:00      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Chemicals might also make a mess, if you're not careful. If you want to keep it nice and clean, try a large hollow needle and a vacuum pump [Wink]

I'm a big fan of the "face-melting guitar solo" method of murder. Give 'em a nice old Megadeth breakdown and the eyes will liquefy and be easy to remove.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture