homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Oh my god... I found one!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh my god... I found one!
Angel Devoid v3
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 11:22      Profile for Angel Devoid v3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came to the end of a very very rocky four year relationship... in which the only reason I can figure that I let it go on that long was a matter of convience more than anything else.

After going out for a night and not making it home, my now ex decided to call every single person (including my mom) that she could find the phone number for to try to find me. She didn't just call each person once, but multiple times through out a four hour block from 3am to 7am.

I'm a 22 year old man, full time college student so its pretty obvious that I met up with some friends and went out and had a good time. Upon returning home and learning of the things that have happenend I asked my now ex when I was put on probation and had to clear everything I did with her first. After a long argument I decided I want to have my freedoms and told her it was time she moved out of my house.

Thinking "Ah what the hell I'll go out again tonight" I end up meeting up with a girl whom I have been interested in for a little while. Upon sitting and talking to her while waiting for another friend to get out of work I find to my surprise that she is into pc's (she doesnt really know programming or nothing, but has the interest)I think ok bonus... then she starts to ask me about this anime series and if I've ever heard of it... oddly enough its the exact same series I am currently watching... and upon my friend getting out of work we stop at my place to grab some DVD's and my friend wanted to borrow some games so I just grab my entire video game CD book.

Well this girl starts thumbing through my book and gets real excited because she sees my extensive RPG collection...can it be? This beautiful girl whom I thought was way out of my leauge has almost exaclty the same interests that I have, has the same "ok your smothering me I need my space" issues that I have. To top it all off, she has a good stable job making good money, respects me for what Im doing in my life ( I have no job an can barley pay the bills but Im going to school full time).

After a little intervention from my friend pushing the envolope that were so similiar and would be great for eachother, we ended up hooking up, and I just returned from 3 days of anime geek bliss.

I did it! I found proof geek/gamer girls do exist! and I was lucky enough to meet one and be with her...

--------------------
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Posts: 38 | From: Western NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 20, 2006 12:53      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news! Best of luck in this new relationship!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 13:13      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are no longer devoid of an angel [Big Grin]

I hope it works out [Applause] Do we now call you Angel On Board V1.0? [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 19:15      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2006 21:29      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One goes, "WOO HOO".... Congrats!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 06:01      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Geek success story.

Spaz, you and Kris should do a memoir about how you two met. 'Twas a sweet story.

I'd say I want a geek girl, but I think I'm better suited NOT having someone like me. It wouldn't work.

Not that my girlfriend doesn't have geeky tendencies, but she'd not know the first thing about Linux, looks at me in a way that suggests "I have no idea what you're talking about but you're really cute when you talk about it" when I start talking about any programming language, and she probably wouldn't know how to get a computer case open if she had instructions (I guess that's an inside joke). But, I can get over it.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 08:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just beware of the falling too fast as a result of the rebound thing which could ruin what otherwise might be an awesome relationship.

Take it slow, and above all else, congrats.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 21, 2006 09:16      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome Angel. I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes well.

This is something that some day I too wish would happen to me.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Thorned0Fortress
Geek
Member # 4435

Icon 2 posted February 21, 2006 15:27      Profile for Thorned0Fortress   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am VERY sorry to hear about what happened , but I DO think you should have called. That should be a rule if you live with anyone.

As for the new girl .... just be careful. I am assuming you have rare interests (this is a GEEK community) and you might over react if you find person(girl) with whom you have things in common. Don't get too excited and smother her. You'll scare her away and feel bad.
Hope things work out !

Posts: 235 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2006 17:04      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's TOTALLY STALKING YOU.

That is the ONLY explanation for her interest in Anime and Role Playing Games.

And any woman who is interested enough to Stalk You should be interested enough to be willing to resort Communication before Violence.
So go with that.

But seriously, be careful not to get too wrapped up too quickly. It takes time physically, for he mind to get over a relationship.

make sure you give her the respect she deserves

--------------------
[H]ard since '99
www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Angel Devoid v3
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2006 07:44      Profile for Angel Devoid v3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been offered to move in with her and some friends who have gotten this nice house but I declined on the fact that I dont want to rush things with her, and we have a mutual respect about having ones own space.

Its been a week now, and things only seem to be getting better, and I have already experienced her at her worst, ( we had a house warming party the other night and she got a little to drunk, so I passed on drinking and playing cards to take care of her untill she fell asleep ).

Next weekend were getting together for a D&D session with some friends, speaking of friends all my friends like her and all her friends like me so it seems that only good things can come from this, but I too have fears about rushing with her, I truly do not want to lose her.

Although I have been getting grilled by all my friends on campus about "glowing" but I dont care.
I think the next big step in our relationship is getting her an XBOX Live acct. {laughs}

--------------------
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2006 01:20      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, did you remember to ask her what she would do if she woke up and found that an extraterrestrial virus that, through a freak accident, survived entry into that atmosphere on the remnants of a meteor had turned almost all of humanity into flesh-eating zombies?

"Brains!"

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel Devoid v3
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 11:28      Profile for Angel Devoid v3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its funny you should mention that, we were just watching the 3 seasons of Red vs Blue that I have on DVD. Her fav char is Tex. And shes all about "eating my brains"... ok so that was a little preverse but anyways , ooh shit class is over I gotta pack up my laptop bye.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture