homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Lonely Loser, Loosely Looking (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Lonely Loser, Loosely Looking
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 20:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay dude, you now officially rock! [Big Grin]

Logistics is quite OK in my book. [Smile] It's not exactly my profession, but I tend to be good at getting things to happen, in a timely manner, with a reasonable degree of calm. (a.k.a. When the sh*t hits the fan, I'm there with a scraper and rags.)

Best of luck in your pursuits. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2006 23:03      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks.
I'm afraid I must regretfully remain silent from here on out with the woman in Red.
I published my story about our date on Myspace so she coudl read it.

While she thought it was well written, she couldn't get over the idea that she was reading about herself on teh internet.
Something that many of my past victims are conceptually uncomfortable with.

So out of respect, I will just have to use Heavy implications.

I'm afriad that I'm not going on a date with anyone in particular this weekend, but I did spend an hour and a half on teh phone engaged in conversation with a sweet voice.

I may end up at a swing dance this weekend, but it won't be anything special.

Damn. Well, that's the Last time that I share something I've written in a forum where a woman can read it.
I'd thought that it was all about ME. She was merely a prop in the story, but it still made her uncomfortable. ::sigh::

--------------------
[H]ard since '99
www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 06:06      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and a belated welcome.

I just read some of what you have written and I agree with what everyone else has said already about your talent. Wow. It almost makes this mere mortal scared to reply since my writing skills are lacking. Almost. [Wink]

I was just wondering. When you tell a woman that you have written about your date can they become uncomfortable when they realize they are smack dab in the middle of your head?

Most people do not date writers. They are not used to being a part of someone elses story.They are comfortable with a certain flow towards intimacy. I don't mean physical intimacy but mental and emotional. Picture it. There they are heading towards a 2nd or 3rd date and know what to expect about getting to know someone and revealing themselves and then whammo they are there reading your words about your inner self. Might be a tad frightening if they were still expecting to work up to that point.

Well enough babble. Good luck.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 08:36      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
Good lord, you're like a Geek-MILF.

Consider that a compliment [Smile]

I'll take the compliment (and thanks to Cal and D'Man also) but what's a Geek-MILF? All my addled brain is coming up with is Mother In Law/Friend, and please, I may be the Mother of a teenager, but don't make me a Mother in Law yet!

quote:
Originally posted by Spam:
Damn. Well, that's the Last time that I share something I've written in a forum where a woman can read it.
I'd thought that it was all about ME. She was merely a prop in the story, but it still made her uncomfortable. ::sigh::

Write about it, but don't necessarily share it right away with the object of your affection, for the already stated reasons, and because no one wants to be a prop in anyone's story. Share it later, once the relationship has solidified. At that point, the person may even be flattered that she mattered enough to be written about.

And Spam, if you're going to a swing dance this weekend, is it necessary to have a date? It seems to me that you might want to show up to that solo, to meet new people.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 08:44      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:

I'll take the compliment (and thanks to Cal and D'Man also) but what's a Geek-MILF?

**awkward silence**

MILF - Mother I'd like to Fuck

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 08:45      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone else can tell her... I'm not brave enough.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 08:57      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Gee... thanks Cap'n. We can always count on you to explain the uh... sensitive things to us.

LOL...

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:27      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I always prefer to go to a swing dance solo. My Dance Skillz are not l337 enough to keep her (the Woman in Red) entertained for an entire evening.

And yes, you're right. I don't think she knows me well enough to want to see my inner Spam.
I took down the post from My Space.

When the right girl comes along, and the right time comes along, she will see the entire page. And it is possible that like the arc of the covenant, her glance into my white hot soul will turn her feelings to a pillar of salt.

To write about someone else in a public forum is a pretty grand betrayal of trust. I'm doing my best to keep my posts about myself, but clearly that can be difficult.

This site does cause me trouble (see above, see Octave, Dec. 2005) but really what it comes down to is that I Love Writing, and these little adventures motivate me.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:29      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Gee... thanks Cap'n. We can always count on you to explain the uh... sensitive things to us.

LOL...

MILFs need the luvin' too!
[Wink]

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:48      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of posting on myspace find somewhere else to post. Spungo has acidplanet surely there is something similar for writers that is not a personal blog.

You can still write and put your stuff out there but maybe your friends won't be so overwhelmed when they read it for the first time. It won't be something so personal, it will be something you have written and published on the web. Small distinction but an important one, to me at least. Maybe leave some of the identifying characteristics vague or embellished so they won't automatically see themselves. Then if the relationship reaches a certain point you can tell them that they inpired certain stories. Fictionalize it.

That will be a win/win/win. Wow a trifecta. You can still write, we can still enjoy your writing and your friend's and acquaintances privacy won't be violated.

Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:53      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My writings aren't commonly on myspace, I have a blog that I do my posting on. I just made the myspace account so I could do social networking with the Swing Guys I'd met a few weeks back.

I picked one post in particular to share.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 11:08      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. My apologies about the myspace.

I think what I was trying to say (poorly) is that when people hear 'blog' they automatically think super personal and then get defensive.

Instead of a blog maybe some on-line writer's circle or authors group. Then people can't get defensive for they have inspired art.

Do you remember those little plant projects in elementary school with the avocado pits and the toothpicks?

Honestly if I found out someone I was just getting to know and just starting to allow into my personal life was blogging about me I would tell them to stick one of those pits with toothpicks up their a$$ and then call me if it sprouted. Just to give me the opportunity to hang up. [Big Grin]

Sounds like your lady in red has much more class than me. [Wink]

Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 11:21      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also true.

This is why I don't share my blog with too many people. This forum community is sort of an exception.

I'm not going to say I'm not an asshole for writing about the people around me. But I am a writer, and that is all that writers do.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture