homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Overweight wife (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Overweight wife
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 12:49      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is your wife irrespective of her weight. If you married her because she was attractive, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Probably a troll anyway.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 13:59      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And not the first time he's trolled with this image. clicky Fifth and sixth posts from the bottom amoungst the 1337 nonsense. (other forums are scary! )
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 14:36      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder what dangel would think if he saw Leonard Nimoy's Full Body Project? [Wink]

(Probably NSFW)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 14:44      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question Rhonnie - and what if someone bought him a Lucien Freud painting ?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted January 18, 2006 14:48      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dangel:
What do you do when your significant other gains a lot of weight? My wife used to be thin but after we got married she started to eat more and more and get bigger. She can't stick to a diet for more than a few days.I didn't mind when she was 30 lbs overweight but this is getting riduculous!

[Eek!]

[flame]
[Mad]
You should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone be so incredibly insensative and inconsiderate as to do this to the one they are supposed to love. ICK! You should be lucky that you have anyone at all.
[Mad]
[/flame]

Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 14:59      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's simple. You can say what you want to say about how she looks physically but in the end, she will make the decision to change the way she lives her life. Eating healthy is not cheap and finding time for exercise, especially for mothers, is extremely hard. I do not believe in diets because EVERYONE eventually crashes from them. Robbing yourself of food you enjoy is not a way to live. You can eat what you like as long as it is in moderation and small proportion.

Fuckin troll!

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 16:59      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
One thing you don't do is post picture of her like that online! Especially not without her permission! (Like I'd believe for a second you actually have it.) And you don't trash talk her like that behind her back. WTF is wrong with you? I bet you don't exactly look like Russell Crowe right now either. I mean if you said you were worried about her health or something that might be at least a little in your favor, but no, you're worried about being embarassed when your friends comment on it. It's all entirely about YOU.

quote:
Oh, and if she wants to quickly lose almost 200 pounds? She can divorce you. [Razz]
I really think she ought to.

Bastard.

Yes peebs!!!! 100% correct.

You know what troll? I put on 30 lbs just so a person wouldn't even think about wanting to touch me. Wanna bet she is doing the same thing?

I lost 20 lbs so far now that I don't have to worry about him. I bet if you divorced it would be the best diet and weight-loss spur there ever was.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 17:16      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a weight loss formula for her...

1.) look at you,
2.) vomit from being repulsed by the fact she ever married a (Karma GameMaster, be nice...) Rat bastered (well, GameMaster, that was a lot better.) like you.
3.) repeat.
4.) Profit when she takes everything you have in the allamony suit.

I'm done feeding the troll... I'll now attempt to ignore anything else that falls out of your fingers.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 20:28      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that troll must be mighty proud. Of course the plan backfired, because all of you went on to have a lively and productive discussion regardless.

So maybe there's room for trolls in this world after all? [crazy]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Angel Devoid v3
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 18:40      Profile for Angel Devoid v3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im fat... and I still have ladies paying attention to me... stop being shallow...

It's all about charisma... I could stand to lose 40ish lbs. I get picked on for the extra weight... I like to eat, I dont care...

Most of my male and female friends are overweight... truthfully (especially in a college setting like mine) overweight people are more apt to be themselves and have a good time no matter what.

(Not all but) Skinnier people have a tendancy to look down on overweight people and think they are better then them... to those types of people I simply say

"This is me... you dont like it? #(*^ OFF!!"

--------------------
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Posts: 38 | From: Western NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2006 19:52      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Wonder what dangel would think if he saw Leonard Nimoy's Full Body Project? [Wink]

(Probably NSFW)

Uhm, just *probably*??

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
lockbox
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 20:50      Profile for lockbox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Was reading the old threads, never thought about registering or posting until now.

Hey, dangel, ignore the self-righteous pricks here. You have my sympathy. I know how you feel because I am in the same shoes.

After my wife gave birth (less than a year after the wedding) she started gaining weight... and gaining, and gaining, and...

And so here I was. Yes, I gained weight too, at first, but last year I lost it. Almost 40 pounds. Now I weigh less then I did on my wedding day. In fact, my weight is now about the same as my wife's (but I am 6'2" and she is 5'4".)

I love my son and I would never leave him because I don't want him to grow up as I did. So divorce is not an option - I am stuck. You know, in all the years of our marriage only once I told my wife how I feel. "Honey, it's looking like maybe, probably, perhaps, you could be... eh... ah... a bit, you know, overweight." I can say that the much praised "sincere talk" is no good. You may get a few minutes' worth of satisfaction but it'll make it worse in the long run. I haven't mentioned the weight issue since then. I don't even talk about it to other people because I am embarrassed. Besides, anyone who has eyes can see.

Unfortunately, there remains a basic human desire to share your pain with somebody, anybody. So you feel tempted to go to an Internet forum and pour it all out. As you must've realized by now, that doesn't work out too well either.

Sorry, I don't really have a solution to you. Yes, by all means try to make her feel good about herself, give her love, sex, flowers, etc. It may even work, if you are extremely lucky. More likely though she will go and celebrate her good feelings with an extra helping of ice cream.

What I am sayng is, stop hoping. I know how it works. She goes on another diet, you start hoping that this time... Then the diet fails, the hopes are dashed, and you feel bad. Hope is the root of all evil, so stop it. It may sound sad, but realizing that will make your life happier. Look at it this way. You will never be as rich as Bill Gates but you don't kill yourself over it, do you? I know it's not the same, but in our circumstances it might as well be.

Just as you don't expect to make billions, stop expecting a beautiful wife. Life is full of all kinds of pleasures - find what you like and keep doing it. Yes, it's not easy to forget about sex. But the difference between having sex with someone you like and having sex with someone you don't (or even doing it alone) is purely in your brain. Besides, they say that sex drive goes away with age and I found it to be true. I used to think about sex 100 time a day but now it's only 85 or so, so the things are getting better.

Just go on living and enjoing what you have and try not to think about what you don't have. And one more thing. You are not defined by how fat your wife is. Remember that. I wish you good luck.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 21:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You registered to say that?
[shake head]

Lockbox, maybe she is gaining weight because she is depressed that your penis is so small.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
lockbox
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 21:26      Profile for lockbox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
removing double post.....
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 21:51      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lockbox:

Hey, dangel, ignore the self-righteous pricks here. You have my sympathy. I know how you feel because I am in the same shoes.

After my wife gave birth (less than a year after the wedding) she started gaining weight... and gaining, and gaining, and...

And so here I was.

Same thing happened to me. But you know what? I went into it (marriage) with the attitude that appearance isn't the most important thing, and it didn't end up bothering me much at all (I'd be lying if I didn't say it did a little bit, but it was pretty small in the scheme of things). I certainly never complained to anyone about it, or posted before/after pics on the Internet.

Also, one of my best friends is probably a similar weight to lockbox's wife. And you know what? Every week clubbing, she has guys left right and centre trying to hit on her. Every time she catches the train anywhere, she has guys hitting on her.

So, guys, lose the shallowness, would be my advice. If it was for health reasons, I'd understand, but when it's just for aesthetics that's another story...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 22:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, CSK. At last reckoning, I weigh 80 pounds more than my 6'1" boyfriend, but he absolutely adores me. He loves touching my softness; on our last date he told me that I fill his arms perfectly. [hearts]

And another thing... having a bigger woman in your life means you won't run the risk of breaking her like you would with someone who weighs 100 pounds less than you! [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 22:12      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feed the troll kids...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elvermere
Geek
Member # 2456

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2006 23:45      Profile for Elvermere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Xanth, can't not say something, not to the troll who started this, but to lockbox (assuming they aren't the same).

Yes, lockbox, I am in a similar situation to you. My wife and I have had a child and she never lost the weight that she gained after having it. This made her overweight.

Now she is pregnant with our second child and again, she is putting weight on.

But guess what. She is even more attractive to me now because I respect the fact that she has put on the weight and sacrificed her gym junkie way to not only have another child, but also to spend her time looking after our son rather than spend time on herself!.

Yes, I am concerned for her health and she knows it. However she knows that she is overweight and tries to keep the calorie intake under control....something very difficult to do when cravings set in and you feel pretty crap from the morning sickness.

And while I suggest walks, swimming or even time to workout while I look after my son, she's just too tired, sick or has to do something for our family.

Having said that, her intention is to give birth to our second child and possibly number three (she wants a third <GULP>) and then get back down to a respectable weight. And I intend to help her do this, not because I lament when she was sexy (she is still sexy!) but because she wants to do it.

So rather than bitch and moan (this goes for you too dangel), support your partner in achieving what she wants to achieve. If that means that if they want to stay overweight, help them feel good about themselves. If they want to lose weight, take control of the kitchen and the physical regime. Cook calorie controlled meals and take walks. Break existing habits by replacing them with better ones.

<SNAPPY MODE ON>
But lockbox this will never happen. If you are only staying with your wife for the sake of the kids, over something as trivial and transient as physical appearance, then obviously you do not have the loving bond required to discuss this issue openly and honestly with your wife. Anything like this is generally accompanied by tears but it is better to discuss it throughly so the a plan of action can be taken.

So STOP sitting on your own bum and complaining about your wifes ffs.
</SNAPPY MODE>

--------------------
Duct Tape is like the force.
It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posts: 113 | From: Perth, West AU | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 08:59      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lockbox, dangel and other trolls/shallow monkeys: two words for you - beer goggles. Other than that, no one here cares how much you or your wife weigh, in case you haven't already figured it out yourself.
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 10:29      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I know about not feeding the trolls - but I feel the need to quote the late, lamented Mr Zappa:

"The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'" [evil] [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 10:48      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the "Don't feed the trolls" comment.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 12:13      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feed the russian either. Bad things've been known to happen. [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 13:33      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In soviet russia trolls feed you
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 13:55      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

If only you knew...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 15:48      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

If only you knew...
eh? what did i do?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture