homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » she is taken...and i should care why? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: she is taken...and i should care why?
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 23:38      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met a female I like. I have found out that this female has a man. The right thing to do is just go on with my life and forget about it. However, after thinking more and more about the sitiuation, why should I forget about it?

In this world everyone is out for themselves. Men came after my women. Why should I back down? After going back and forth I feel I should talk to her and ask if she is interested in hanging out.

What are some opinions? Should I be trying to steal someones girl?

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 00:45      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Challenge him to a duel. Winner takes the spoils. Loser dies.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 01:54      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it, just because she has a man doesn't mean you can't be her friend.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
F**king high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

James Blunt, You're beautiful

I've have this problem quite often but not all relationships last and I've been with just about every girl that had a man when I met her because I'm not afraid to be a friend first. NOTE: Almost all of us are still friends.

Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:15      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
Challenge him to a duel. Winner takes the spoils. Loser dies.

I have a better idea. Line up naked (with beer [Big Grin] ), and let her decide.. [ohwell] Ok, bad idea.. at least no one dies.

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wick:
Should I be trying to steal someones girl?

Stealing is a sin.
I suggest you just rent her for an hour or two.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:05      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No relationship is permanent. Get in there.

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 07:32      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women are not posessions to be stolen. They are intelligent creatures with thoughts, feelings, and opinions and are capable of making their own choices and acting upon those choices.

If you are interested in this girl, quit acting like she is a book, movie, or some other inanimate object. Talk to her, make friends with her. Let her decide and support her choice, like you would for a friend, even if it's not in your favor.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 29, 2005 08:03      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wick, I think you have two options here:

1) Go with FireSnake's idea (Lightside points gained [Big Grin] ), or
2) Use a Mind Trick on her fella and persuade him to leave her since he is not the right man for her. You could also "persuade" him to plunge to his death from a great height, making it look like he committed suicide. Feeding him to a rancor or the Sarlaac are also less subtle possibilities. You get the idea. (Darkside points gained [Mad] )

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 08:57      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, after thinking more and more about the sitiuation, why should I forget about it?

Because it's the honorable thing to do.

If she really likes you, she'll dump her boyfriend and make a move. The fact that she's still with the guy should tell you something. [Roll Eyes]

shane_the_god_of_my_room
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4709

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 09:06      Profile for shane_the_god_of_my_room   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Wick, I think you have two options here:

1) Go with FireSnake's idea (Lightside points gained [Big Grin] ), or
2) Use a Mind Trick on her fella and persuade him to leave her since he is not the right man for her. You could also "persuade" him to plunge to his death from a great height, making it look like he committed suicide. Feeding him to a rancor or the Sarlaac are also less subtle possibilities. You get the idea. (Darkside points gained [Mad] )

I say Darkside all the way dude [evil]

--------------------
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Posts: 33 | From: Wakefield UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:24      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An easy way to establish if there is any possibility of a relationship with the girl in question:

You say..."If you were single I would____ [Wink] " (you fill in the blanks).

She will then either say... "I can assure you that you wouldn't... [Mad] "

or... "Why wait until I am single? [Wink] "

You may get a bit of slap & tickle, or just a slap, but either way you will know how she feels [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
An easy way to establish if there is any possibility of a relationship with the girl in question:

You say..."If you were single I would____ [Wink] " (you fill in the blanks).

She will then either say... "I can assure you that you wouldn't... [Mad] "

or... "Why wait until I am single? [Wink] "

You may get a bit of slap & tickle, or just a slap, but either way you will know how she feels [Razz]

Grr...darn you forward people...always 'getting the girl.' =P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:29      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
Women are not posessions to be stolen. They are intelligent creatures with thoughts, feelings, and opinions and are capable of making their own choices and acting upon those choices.

If you are interested in this girl, quit acting like she is a book, movie, or some other inanimate object. Talk to her, make friends with her. Let her decide and support her choice, like you would for a friend, even if it's not in your favor.

This is why I love these fora- I get to learn radical new ideas that I never would have come across IRL [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:32      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Grr...darn you forward people...always 'getting the girl.'
dragonman97 - let me assure you, I find it much easier to discuss the theory now as a married man, than I did to put the theory into practice when I was single. Mind you, when I was single, I usually lacked the nerve to do what was needed. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:44      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
However, after thinking more and more about the sitiuation, why should I forget about it?

If she really likes you, she'll dump her boyfriend and make a move. The fact that she's still with the guy should tell you something. [Roll Eyes]

Well it might not be that simple... just because she is still with her boyfriend doesn't mean she still likes him. People stay together for reasons other than love--security, fear, or unwillingness to take risks, even if something better is out there. If she's been with her current boyfriend for a while, she might not be so rash as to suddenly dump him for someone else she suddenly met.

I don't know the whole situation; maybe she is happy to stay with her current beau. However, she might be miserable with him. I'd suggest just getting to know her as a friend first, and then see what evolves from there.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:52      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Women are not posessions to be stolen. They are intelligent creatures with thoughts, feelings, and opinions

Wait, women have thoughts and feelings?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 13:43      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Says who? This looks like pure feminist speculation.

/me ends trolling remarks  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 14:49      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is always another option

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 14:52      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

Hi. Me again.Wick, it is not just the honorable thing. If you are looking for something longterm with her it is the only way. She will judge you by your actions, and how you treat her, and how you treat others. If everything were to go to plan and you 'stole'her how would she ever respect and trust your attitude towards a committed trusting relationship? How would she regard your respect for boundaries and promises? How would she be able to really trust you? How would you be able to rely on her? You both would be looking over your shoulders for the next threat, the next new person. Not healthy.

If all you want is a cheap piece of a$$ however, by all means go all out for yourself.

Good luck. [Smile]

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 18:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell'em you want to have a threesome. That way everyone wins.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 19:28      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Tell'em you want to have a threesome. That way everyone wins.

I often wonder, I know beds are built to sustain the pressure that comes from the passion of two, but three? Sounds like a safety hazzard to me.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 19:35      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have one of those futon sofas you could just put the mattress on the floor.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 19:51      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to the days of sleeping on a pile of furs and pillows on the floor? Those Bedouin sheikhs had the right idea...

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 19:54      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Whatever happened to the days of sleeping on a pile of furs and pillows on the floor? Those Bedouin sheikhs had the right idea...

Have you ever woke up with a raccoon skin up your, well, you know where?
If you have, you know why the mattress was invented

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 20:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's why pajamas were invented!! [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture