homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » does your partner look like anyone famous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does your partner look like anyone famous?
xStrangedayx
Geek Larva
Member # 4715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 07:41      Profile for xStrangedayx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does your partner look like anyone famous?do people just stare or squeal when they see him/her?my boyfriend looks EXACTLY (as in every little detail) like Howard who sings/screams for ye olde Killswitch Engage.i love seeing the look of envy on girls faces when i tell them! [hearts] xLiix

--------------------
xTairrie B.Is.Lovex

Posts: 23 | From: yorkshire,england | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 10:23      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Invisible Man. [shake head]

(Sometimes, when the dreams are really good, he looks like Roy Batty from "Bladerunner." [Big Grin] )

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2005 11:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:

Hmm...good answer - I'll rejoinder with "The Invisible Woman. [Razz]

When will the crapflood of posts end?

/me decides to ignore it all, and seek some coffee to warm up on this snowy day.

OTOH...'tis the first time I've gotten to see the "snow" graphic in the Weather widget:
 -

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
shane_the_god_of_my_room
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4709

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:58      Profile for shane_the_god_of_my_room   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU GOT SNOW...............

god dam you [Mad]

I want snow
was suposed to snow here but all we
got was crapy rain [ohwell]

wakefield suxs [Frown]

--------------------
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Posts: 33 | From: Wakefield UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
shane_the_god_of_my_room
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4709

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 10:00      Profile for shane_the_god_of_my_room   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UK suxs [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Posts: 33 | From: Wakefield UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 10:10      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:

Hmm...good answer - I'll rejoinder with "The Invisible Woman. [Razz]

When will the crapflood of posts end?

/me decides to ignore it all, and seek some coffee to warm up on this snowy day.

OTOH...'tis the first time I've gotten to see the "snow" graphic in the Weather widget:
 -

Allow me to correct you: this is not snow, it is ice pellets. I'll try to get you a snow one soon...

Now, about the topic, the nice part about the Invisible Man (and I guess, Invisible Woman too), is that we can put any face we want on him/her. I've found a very pretty one for my own IM... [blush] (Too bad real guys can't be so cute! [crazy] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 10:58      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo: Well...maybe so, but it wasn't actually ice pellets...it was kind of snow. [Smile] I thought that's what the picture resembled, though. I was sound asleep when the actual snow hit the ground, though.

Some_UK_Person_With_A_Long_Nick: Mind you, I rather love English weather. [Wink] Trust me...if you're from _New_ York, you grow to hate snow pretty quickly. [Razz] Having lived in this fine state all my life, I'm rather jaded about dealing with 'the S-word,' and all the shovelling/plowing/snow-throwing/car-clearing that accompanies it. Try digging out from under 25" of snow some time...and that's nothing compared to what the upstate NYers get...

...so sayeth someone who had to scrape the frost off his windshield [en_GB: windscreen] this morning... (What, me...almost running late for work? Never!)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheGirlWonder
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2005 20:54      Profile for TheGirlWonder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the original topic... [hearts]

Nobody super-famous...but he looks ever so vaguely like Dr. George O'Malley on Grey's Anatomy, and ever so vaguely like an older, darker-haired version of Rupert Grint. [hearts]

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 03:23      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A partner no? But I was mistaken as Tom Green when shopping once....

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 04:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every second person in Africa thought I looked like Chuck Norris, children in the street would point and call out.

Can't see the resemblance m'self, must be one of those "all white guys with beards look alike to me" things...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 06:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Every second person in Africa thought I looked like Chuck Norris, children in the street would point and call out.

Can't see the resemblance m'self, must be one of those "all white guys with beards look alike to me" things...

Yeah, when I was in SE Asia (and no facial hair), everyone thought I looked like Mr Bean. Weirdness...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 08:48      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steph has been told she looks like Renée Zellweger. I have been told I look like Mike Myers [the former SNL actor, not the horror character].

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture