homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Where do the nerd girls gather?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where do the nerd girls gather??
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 04:45      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. At work last night I was having a conversation with a fellow employee about "nerdy" girls. I am recently divorced from a woman I was with for five years...she was not a nerd...I am. Now that I'm single again I want someone who like what I like! The problem is where the heck do nerd girls gather to share their nerdyness?!?! *pictures a hollow deep in an enchanted forest with nerdy girls sitting all around with laptops* Seriously though, I don't want to go to bars, clubs, or walmart to find a woman...and believe me walmart has none! I have met a couple nice girls but I want to hold out for one who will willingly want to stay in and watch some anime, play dnd, discuss things, etc. Anyways, I was hoping for some ideas for tracking down these creatures. And any ladies feel free to reveal where your kind gather [Wink]

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 04:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've come to the right place! Why, if you dig cello concerts and can get into avant-garde theatre, have we got the girl for you!

Seriously though, I don't know what to tell you. Just do the things you do, go the places you go, and keep an eye out for the women that may be there doing those things and going those places. You might want to try sci-fi conventions, bookstores, more traditional spots. We tell all the girls to go to LUG meetings and math club, but the ratio sucks at those things for guys. You could try taking up knitting or something else that has a reputation for being predominantly a female activity. You might not find a nerd girl, but you might come out of it with a sweater?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 06:49      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
You've come to the right place! Why, if you dig cello concerts and can get into avant-garde theatre, have we got the girl for you!

Matchmaker matchmaker, make me a match.. find me a find, catch me a catch...
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 07:27      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, well finding that place to go is tricky. This past weekend I went to a local bookstore and there was a bunch of old women sitting on the floor reading books about gardening....scary stuff, they didn't even look up.

I used to hang out at a couple comic/gaming shops but they have sinced closed down. I just feel my small Ohio town area is a longshot.

I would love to go to a convention. Will keep my eyes open for some interesting ones. Perhaps I will start an anime club or something and advertise it locally. My town could use something like that.

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 07:47      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You might not find a nerd girl, but you might come out of it with a sweater?

Heh... [Smile]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 10 posted November 15, 2005 08:56      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sweater?....I'd prefer a moaner or screamer [devil wand]
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 09:44      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Sweater?....I'd prefer a moaner or screamer [devil wand]
With or without a spinner?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2005 13:36      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wick:
I would love to go to a convention. Will keep my eyes open for some interesting ones. Perhaps I will start an anime club or something and advertise it locally. My town could use something like that.

That's a great idea! [Smile]

--------------------

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 03:19      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

That's a great idea! [Smile]
Thank you, however I checked my skill tree and motivation isn't there [Smile] I must decide if it would be worth the effort.

--------------------

cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 07:16      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, make the girls come to you, put up a really good laptop for sale, at a really cheap price, give your number and your sorted. ( be sure to put the phone down at the sound of a male voice.) [Smile]

--------------------
dont bother running, you'll only die tired!

Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 07:49      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
hey, make the girls come to you, put up a really good laptop for sale, at a really cheap price, give your number and your sorted. ( be sure to put the phone down at the sound of a male voice.) [Smile]

LoL, That would kinda be like fishing... a cheap laptop would make some good bait. Problem I see is what do I say when the female comes to buy this so called cheap laptop? [Smile] "Yeaaah, by laptop I umm meant my lap, have a seat honey" <---- Entry into the worst pickup lines of 2005. [Wink]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 19:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, it might take some motivation, but you could try volunteering someplace that generally attracts women. Offer free computer help to your library, SPCA, or another community organization that interests you. You might not meet a full fledged nerd-girl, but if any women express interest in learning more about what you are doing, you may be able to tap latent geek tendencies.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 19:21      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all else fails, you could simply try talking to women to find out what sort of personalities they have rather than making assumptions based on their appearance and/or the location where you spot them.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 22:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, don't you know by know that girls are scary? [Wink]

And why aren't you in IRC ever? We're hanging out in #joyoftech now - don't remember if you were around
when we moved.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2005 22:10      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
If all else fails, you could simply try talking to women to find out what sort of personalities they have rather than making assumptions based on their appearance and/or the location where you spot them.

Wait a second? Talk to them? *Whoa* I think we've got a revolutionary idea!

Actually, I'm not being terribly sarcastic - that's a damn good idea. [Big Grin] Now, if I could only get work on those opening words... (I'd say smalltalk, but someone might make a joke about the OO lang that I don't much like)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheryl
Mini Geek
Member # 4566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 01:00      Profile for cheryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
women are scary?! [Eek!] what about you men!! one faulse move and we could have are heads bitten off with your secret male powers!!!oohh, your a scary bunch indeed!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 65 | From: 3rd planet from the sun | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 04:02      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you may be able to tap latent geek tendencies.

Heh, I like that theory.

It seems when I was younger girls were easier to read...they would giggle and whisper to their friends or something and you could figure out if they were interested in you. Now that I'm older and single it seems like any girl I have talked to is cold as ice and doesn't reveal any indication they have even a slight intrest in me.

--------------------

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 04:06      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl:
women are scary?! [Eek!] what about you men!! one faulse move and we could have are heads bitten off with your secret male powers!!!oohh, your a scary bunch indeed!! [Big Grin]

Who told you of our uber 1337 powers? There is a spy amist! [Wink] [Cool]

--------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 06:36      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nerdy women gather in caves below the streets of major metropolitan areas. They'll gladly flock to you if you're willing to brave the sewer systems. [Roll Eyes]
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:30      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
Nerdy women gather in caves below the streets of major metropolitan areas. They'll gladly flock to you if you're willing to brave the sewer systems. [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin] Hee hee.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:39      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hehe, Well then I am looking for members to join my party to travel into these sewers and find these ladies....lets see...we will need a healer, a mage, a tank, oh oh and a rouge just incase there is traps. [Smile]

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:41      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... when I was younger girls...

Good Lord! When was this, exactly? Does counseling help? [shake head] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 07:53      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
originally posted by Wick:
quote:
lets see...we will need a healer, a mage, a tank, oh oh and a rouge just incase there is traps.

Don't bother with the rouge, just a good foundation and a bit of eyeliner - you don't want to look like a tart on the first date [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 08:11      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me throws a pair of wellies, a slicker (Mac[intosh] {en_GB}), and a breathing mask into me trunk, and takes a trip NE...I bet there's a hell of a lot of you gathered down there, in that particular haven of geeks. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2005 16:25      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And if you can't find them, ninja turtles and kung fu rats are always cool. I'll pass on the Vanilla Ice soundtrack though...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture