homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » utah's lack of geeky women

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: utah's lack of geeky women
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 11:29      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf?! why are all the girls up here either drug addicts or mormons?

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 14:55      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You gotta problem with Mormons, sir?

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 16:27      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be because you live in Utah?

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 16:49      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The drug addict part must be widespread, because there are many in GA also. [Frown]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 22:35      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
quote:
you gotta problem with Mormons, sir?
a lot of people are scared of Mormons, I'm one of them. I've studied a lot of religions and none of the modern faiths seem more cult-like than the Mormon religion, closely followed by Russian Orthodox.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2005 23:26      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the mormons I've ever known have been really nice people.
Stranger than pretty much all other people I know, but nice nonetheless.

However, I do agree with Zim'et- their religion is very cult-like. But I've heard the same about my religion, and I'm Catholic.

I guess it's all relative.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2005 10:29      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
You gotta problem with Mormons, sir?

Yes I do, and it all started when I was a little lad, and a group of mormons jumped me, beat the crap out of me, and threw me in a dumpstar. How did I know they were mormons, well I asked them.
*shudders in memory*

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2005 00:58      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a momon building near where my boyfriend lives and besides from the odd conversation here and there, I never encountered any problems.

Utah is part of the bible belt, so I am not surprised that there are little geeks. I suppose parents think "computers/the internet are evil, lets download a bunch of computer nannies that block out any website that has the word damn in it" so geek fledgings never have a chance to grow. [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SkyLady
Geek Larva
Member # 2057

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted July 04, 2005 14:11      Profile for SkyLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people still think my religion is a cult? [Eek!] oh dear, how sad, never mind [Wink]

Personally, I'd leave the cult label for organisations like scientology [crazy]

alfrin, there are idiots in every religion. [Roll Eyes] I'm sorry for what happened to you, [Frown] please don't judge the rest of us by the actions of a few [shake head]

Posts: 21 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2005 14:34      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SkyLady:

alfrin, there are idiots in every religion. [Roll Eyes] I'm sorry for what happened to you, [Frown] please don't judge the rest of us by the actions of a few [shake head]

Oh don't worry, I don't judge people or things by what a few of them did to me, I judge them over whether they grab a glazed donut or a sprinkle one. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 02:27      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never met a mormon.

Here I get bugged mainly by muslims and Jehovah's witnesses.

Man, does my grandmother hate the JW's. I will never forget the sight of her cursing in Greek whilst spraying them with the garden hose.

If you want a cult, try Hillsong. Scary +. It is basically a christian record label that is tax exempt.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 05:12      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met plenty of Mormons, SDA's and Witnesses. They are actually fairly nice people. I can't agree with their religious views at all. But generally nice people.

I also pass by Golden Era studios on my way to work. Scientologists are little odd to me. They don't even want to pretend to be nice. Well at least around there. The armed guards and cameras are a bit disconcerting too.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 05:33      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jordanv:

If you want a cult, try Hillsong. Scary +. It is basically a christian record label that is tax exempt.

Umm, do you have any idea how many people go to that place every week? It's not just a music producer, although it does that on a big scale, too. I've got a couple of friends who attend there weekly.

Edit: To answer my own question, about 17500 [Eek!] , see here

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture