homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Botched execution, thoughts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Botched execution, thoughts?
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2014 10:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you read what he did do your thoughts change?

Burying the girl that he had raped, while she was still alive. does that change your mind?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2014 23:32      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
When you read what he did do your thoughts change?

Nope.
He did an evil thing, doesn't make me want to out-evil him, or feel good knowing that someone else did.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2014 17:30      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a lot of chat in anaesthetics circles regarding this story, with an interesting take on it here.

I take TFD's view on the whole matter of the Death Sentence - we don't need to stoop to a bad person's level to punish them. But now this desperation to kill people as a form of punishment for killing people is risking depriving good people of safe and effective medicines, it's just getting ludicrous.

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2014 17:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not post this because I believe in Capital Punishment, but because I Abhor the whole thought. When the state commits the same crime is it any more lawful than the perp?

What about an error, does the family get to have the Governor executed? Nope. Lock up forever and have a projector showing the victim on the cell walls.

The results were about what I expected.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2014 03:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
There's a lot of chat in anaesthetics circles regarding this story, with an interesting take on it here.

I take TFD's view on the whole matter of the Death Sentence - we don't need to stoop to a bad person's level to punish them. But now this desperation to kill people as a form of punishment for killing people is risking depriving good people of safe and effective medicines, it's just getting ludicrous.

Good link and nicely said. [Smile] (Pretty well sums up my 2 cents on the matter.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2014 02:34      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about this.

Nope. Not at all.

In the USA we prohibit drugs that won't kill people and just can't get our hands on enough of the stuff that does.

That is the USA for you!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2014 15:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jack.
A famed pathologist, often used CO. It is said that the person just goes to sleep and does not wake up. As often as we hear about people dying during winter when their heating systems fail, that may be true.

However it still does not resolve the issue of "The State Killed Him."

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2014 15:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
A famed pathologist, often used CO. It is said that the person just goes to sleep and does not wake up. As often as we hear about people dying during winter when their heating systems fail, that may be true.

However it still does not resolve the issue of "The State Killed Him."

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2014 20:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
A famed pathologist, often used CO. It is said that the person just goes to sleep and does not wake up.

I heard that one state proposed morphine overdose as an effective and humane form of execution.
It was opposed by the 'pro death penalty' lobby - because they didn't want the prisoners to die happy.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture