homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » what is your religion?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is your religion?
kinneretov
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 44396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2012 05:26      Profile for kinneretov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey,

it's great to be here!
i'm kinneret and i'm jewish:)

tell me about yourself, what is your religion?
do you believe in god?
and do you follow your tradition? celebrating holidays?

--------------------
interesting information and article on tallit for women
tallit for girls

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2012 14:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kinneretov some here by hope or design wish to appear faithless. My own experiences tell me that there is a source. I, each day say a prayer of thankfulness usually at bedtime. I have been in a war, and had a cancer removed so I am thankful to be alive.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5837 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2012 00:31      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a sad story about someone I know. She was going through some very hard times in her life - her father died recently, she was laid off from her job, her mother became very ill, and her partner who she loved dearly left her. Every day, she would pray to god, begging him to help her, yet she heard nothing. Then one day, she got to a point where she just couldn't take it anymore and decided to end it all, and called to god for the final time to save her, yet once again, she heard nothing. Then she finally realized that if god does exist, he just doesn't give a damn, and she's the only one who can save herself. True story, by the way.

As for me, I'm a commie, there is no god in zee old country [Smile]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2012 00:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another godless heathen here.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2012 07:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly well known for being an atheist too, though not as well known as this woman
(warning: NSFW language and white girl rapping badly).

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2012 15:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
I'm fairly well known for being an atheist too, though not as well known as this woman

I had no idea Zesovietrussian was such a hot babe!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

iichii
Newbie Larva
Member # 44875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2012 13:15      Profile for iichii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
religion is invention by man, and man knows nothing. fairytales, i tell you!
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2012 13:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:

I had no idea Zesovietrussian was such a hot babe!
WIN!!! Tx for seconding the link - I've learned to be careful of YouTube links around these parts. [Wink]

P.S. FWIW...s/russian/romanian/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kinneretov
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 44396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2012 04:02      Profile for kinneretov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey,
amazing stories.
as for religion and believe in god, i can say that i believe in god. there must be a great power in this world.
dont you think?

--------------------
tallit for girls

iichii
Newbie Larva
Member # 44875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2012 06:51      Profile for iichii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one thing religions has in common is a god, so its ok that there might be a higher spiritual power out there. its the sheep-factor in religion i dont like, idividual thinking is important, and to respect that humans are different. the humans are one organism, even though we are in different bodies and got different personalities based on our history and where we are born. we still got the same centre, the consciouness, the "i". and i myself believe this is how god uses humans to grow. cause thats what we and this planet do, we grow on ourselves. and then be a nice person, thats mainly what religion is for, so people who cant think for themselves got something secure to hold on to, in this horrible world..
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2012 19:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kinneretov:
hey,
amazing stories.
as for religion and believe in god, i can say that i believe in god. there must be a great power in this world.
dont you think?

I think you aren't terribly interested in 'stories,' but would rather like to plug 'tallit for girls.' Or are just too young to have seriously considered things.

P.S. Great link, Steen - I killed more time than I might have cared to watching her videos. Smart lass.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2012 19:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97 wrote:
P.S. Great link, Steen - I killed more time than I might have cared to watching her videos. Smart lass.

ZOMGitsCriss is quite smart *nod* She's also witty, funny, entertaining and quite beautiful on top of being smart. The rapping... at least she knows it's bad and uses it humorously.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
kinneretov
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 44396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2012 02:33      Profile for kinneretov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
hey,
amazing stories.
dont you think?

I think you aren't terribly interested in 'stories,' but would rather like to plug 'tallit for girls.' Or are just too young to have seriously considered things.

what can i say, maybe i'm young, but still i'm trying to open a discussion here, a real one, that belongs to religion. you can choose whether to answer and participate or think that all matters to me is my signature.

it will be great if all the people here will talk about their religion and culture, so this forum will be more interetsing.

and i would share my opinion, i beleive in god and also in my religion. as for my prayers, in the jewish tradition, we put tallit, when we're praying to god.

what about you? how is it in your religion?

--------------------
tallit for girls

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2012 02:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Can't do a proper Wicker Man ritual here in Australia, the fire regulations are too strict. [ohwell]

--------------------

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 24, 2012 15:23      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Can't do a proper Wicker Man ritual here in Australia, the fire regulations are too strict. [ohwell]
What about Brit Ekland's naked bedroom dance?

edit: I'm not entirely why that's relevant... I just wanted to remember it...

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture