homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Apple :-( (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Apple :-(
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2010 02:45      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shroom did you also hear that Apple have announced that they are working on a fix for the proximity sensor issue?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2010 03:54      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ No one seems to notice that, there is another fanboy product out in the market place that seems to do no wrong.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2010 10:03      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calli, I had heard about this. I thought that it was going to be a part of the last fix, but sadly it wasn't.

No matter what Apple says, I think it is ridiculous to have such shoddy junk come out at this price point.

I don't have these problems with phones that are half or even a quarter of the price point. The antenna seems to be just fine in our 3g, so the line "we have measured this wrong all along." doesn't sit well with me.

Pantech, Sony, older iPhone, Blackberry, all of them show better antenna strength. At. All. Times.

I am literally blocks away from a tower. I never had these issues with other phones, touch screen or not. Proximity sensor or not.

No matter what, it is second rate work from a company that should know better.

I had a proximity issue yesterday. The iPhone decided to mute the speaker on me mid-call. For some reason it can get a bit old, especially considering I was working with a high dollar customer on an issue.

Garbage is garbage. By calling is a mobile media (whatever) and downplaying the cell phone aspect does not excuse it from being garbage as a phone. In my eyes it makes it worse. Those poor suckers out there went and wasted good money for a phone that really isn't a phone.

I am thankful that is wasn't my money wasted. I am regretful that it is company money wasted, but at least it doesn't affect my paycheck.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 17, 2010 13:51      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Remember when Cell Phones, were analog and worked? Now we have these Eye Candy (so called) phones that do not work in the boonies or down town, I am so grateful that the FCC in its wisdom toke away Analog FM Cell Phones.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2010 17:47      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a bit of a fanboy, so the iPhone 4 debacle is is very disappointing - but they brought it on themselves by completely failing to ask Jony Ive's design team one simple question...

"What other device can you think of where you hold it by the aerials/antennae?"

EDIT - the best phone I have ever had for signal strength out in the boonies was not my iPhone, nor my SonyEriksson, nor either of my Nokias - it was my first mobile phone...

the big, ugly, indestructible Nortel Nevada

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 18, 2010 05:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Remember when Cell phones could be wired into the car or truck? I had a nokia, fairly good then I got a Motorola Contractors series mounted on the transmission hump of the truck. That phone worked all over lower Michigan and Southern Ontario.

____ Then the FCC wanting to sell more leases to the cell companies, ruled that the high power analog phones must go, damnittheyworked. Now we are stuck with these little things that I keep dropping because they are so damn small.

____ I want the quality of my old Motorola back, I don't want spotty coverage

"I want coverage".

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2010 22:59      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. My. God.

It's full of awesome

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 00:23      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant Steen. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 19, 2010 10:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] WHOA. [Applause] [Applause]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 12:33      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Remember when Cell phones could be wired into the car or truck? I had a nokia, fairly good then I got a Motorola Contractors series mounted on the transmission hump of the truck. That phone worked all over lower Michigan and Southern Ontario.

A number of phones apparently still do have ports for external antennas. They just often hide them, and you need the right connector. My Motorola Droid has one of those ports under the battery plate.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 13:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen: That's magnificent!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture