homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Willie Horton was a Piker!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Willie Horton was a Piker!
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2009 15:48      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Mike Huckabee who wants to be a Republican President so bad that he has his own TV show on Fox news. Um do you know him?

OMG! OMG! OMG!

When he was governor of Arkansas he gave early release to the man Police are hunting for the killing of Four (count 'em 4) Police Officers in Tacoma Washington GO AHEAD MISTER CRIMINAL AND KILL POLICE

Mike Huckabee is a lucky man! With a show on Fox News, they won't say he is a soft-on-crime commie lover!

What do you think?

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2009 17:06      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think of all the republican presidential contenders I've seen over the last several election cycles, Mike Huckabee is the most likely to have gotten my vote in a Republican-only poll. He's the only one who didn't repulse me every time he opened his mouth. I actually enjoyed his interviews with Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. He seemed to have a healthy distinction between his own convictions and what was best for the country. Or he put on a good show.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about that killing. It seems we still haven't gotten the hang of locking the right people up and letting the right people go free.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2009 00:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me this will prevent Huckabee from ever becoming president. Republicans like politicians who act tough on criminals.

Unfortunately, I donít think compassion should be what disqualifies him.

He had no way of knowing that this criminal wouldnít turn his life around. People are released early from prisons every day. How do we know he wouldnít have done this when he got out if he was kept in prison for another 20 years. We canít just lock people up forever if they commit a violent crime.

Our prisons focus too much on segregating a population from the world and not enough on reformation and reintegration. Our prison system is sick. This was, in my humble opinion, of symptom of our sick prison system.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 12:50      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He seemed to have a healthy distinction between his own convictions and what was best for the country. Or he put on a good show. [/QB]
That is in the job description of politicians.

Yes We Can... Destroy the sovereinty of nations! And destroy the economy of America in the process!

Yes, I went there. I don't give a flying F*CK what anyone says, Obama is pure fucking evil. What were his campaign promises? To get us out of Iraq? I have some news for you people.. "pull out" turned into "draw down", which translates to a roughly 1/3 reduction in US forces in Iraq. Wow, thats alot of people, right? Yeah, roughly 50,000. But that still leaves roughly 1/5 of our entire Army at any given time deployed in Iraq. Don't believe me? Remember, I'm in Iraq, and I *personally* work on the reduction of equipment and supplies for the closure of smaller, less important bases.

What about Afghanistan? Well, we got a briefing yesterday on the Army's FY 2010 Retention meeting, which is a gathering of generals that get together and decide what will be focused on in the new fiscal year (what will be reduced, expanded, total force size, etc.) It stated (paraphrasing) that they "foresee the Army continuing at its current operational tempo for the next 10 years." For those of you who aren't keen on military euphemisms, "current operational tempo" means the the "conflicts" that we're in now.

And no, I'm not a right wing conspiracy nut. I am a registered democrat, and a liberal one at that. I just do research.

I am a red blooded, flag waving, patriotic American. The oath of enlistment that all soldiers take states "..I will support and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.."

I'm just doing my duties as a soldier, and an American citizen...

Let the flame war begin, you buncha hippies!

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 13:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t:
I have some news for you people.. "pull out" turned into "draw down", which translates to a roughly 1/3 reduction in US forces in Iraq. Wow, thats alot of people, right? Yeah, roughly 50,000.

And 30,000 of them are going to Afghanistan. [Frown]

btw - if the figures quoted in the press recently are true (sending 30,000 extra troops costs $30 billion/year) it costs $1,000,000 per soldier to make war in Afghanistan. I'm gonna guess less than 10% of that is in soldiers wages, which leaves over $900,000 being spent 'supporting' each soldier.

War is a nice little earner for Halliburton and their evil friends.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 13:49      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Politicans Lie thats what they do, Try to fool all of the people all of the time. Now forty years ago I was in the same type of quagmire as you, then RMN started pulling out of Vietnam, I got an early release because of his pull out. Now as to Iraq Why are we there beats the poop out of me. Now Afganistan why did we let UBL get away, we should have hunted him like a rabid dog. NO Ole George and Richard had to pick in Iraq.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 17:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bull3t wrote:
Obama is pure fucking evil. What were his campaign promises? To get us out of Iraq? I have some news for you people.. "pull out" turned into "draw down"

So... just out of curiosity, if Obama is "pure fucking evil" for not pulling out troops as fast as he said he would, what do you call the guy who put them there in the first place? Purer than pureevil ? Pure concentrated evil? Pure butt-fucking evil? What, exactly, are the levels of evil that are worse than pure fucking evil?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 23:30      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Politicans Lie thats what they do, Try to fool all of the people all of the time. Now forty years ago I was in the same type of quagmire as you, then RMN started pulling out of Vietnam, I got an early release because of his pull out. Now as to Iraq Why are we there beats the poop out of me. Now Afganistan why did we let UBL get away, we should have hunted him like a rabid dog. NO Ole George and Richard had to pick in Iraq.

The funny thing now is, after hearing the president's speech, it seems we have a better chance of winning in Iraq than in Afganistan. There is no way we can rebuild the entire goverment again in Afganistan. Turn Turn Turn, there is a time for everything, know when to fight and when to hold em.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 02:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ At one time they had a good idea of some caves that he might be in. then the news casters said it was too hard to go into caves.... Bull in VN we put propane down the hole waited a few and then a grenade sometime a whole nearby village would go up in flames. If the SOB is in a cave throw some propane down the hole....

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 03:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
The funny thing now is, after hearingthe presidents speech, it seems we have a better chance of winning in Iraq that in Afganistan.

There was never any chance of winning in Afghanistan.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 05:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ The Famous Druid, There was never any chance of winning in Afghanistan. It is harder to find truer words.

____ Those of you that have read Rudyard Kipling will understand, mountain people live where they do because they do not want outside interference, so what are we doing "INTERFERING".

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 09:29      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
bull3t wrote:
Obama is pure fucking evil. What were his campaign promises? To get us out of Iraq? I have some news for you people.. "pull out" turned into "draw down"

So... just out of curiosity, if Obama is "pure fucking evil" for not pulling out troops as fast as he said he would, what do you call the guy who put them there in the first place? Purer than pureevil ? Pure concentrated evil? Pure butt-fucking evil? What, exactly, are the levels of evil that are worse than pure fucking evil?

Of course, Bush and his cronies were evil as f*ck too.

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 10:21      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least Obama didn't strut out in front of a giant "Mission Accomplished" banner.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 13:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
At least Obama didn't strut out in front of a giant "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Ah, but when Bush was president, there were no terrorist attacks on the USA!
(it's gotta be true, I saw it on FOX News)

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 15:06      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Remember when the telcos were screaming about warrentless requests for data. Well it semms that Sprint just doesn't care.

http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/2009/12/sprint-fed-customer-gps-data-to-leos-over-8-million-times.ars

____ They are using the logic that because it travels by radio waves, it is in the public domain. So then why did it take so long to find the cop killer in Washington State.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2009 19:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're eveer on the run from the cops, find a taxi or pizza delivery van, and tape your phone to it. It'll drive the cops crazy trying to track the constantly moving target.

--------------------

bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 08:25      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:

haha that was one of my favorite moments.

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
-William S Burroughs

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture