homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Are you ready?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you ready?
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2009 00:56      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rapture begins today! (apparently)

Check out God's Timewave of History if you don't believe it...

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2009 02:27      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I am still here. I guess the mormons were right, better go get me some more wives.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2009 03:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I particularly liked the bit where the Steve Jackson Illuminati game predicts the future. [crazy]

Oh, and of course Obama is a muslim sleeper-agent and the anti-christ. [shake head]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted September 21, 2009 14:01      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be the same web page designer as the Time Cube [Razz]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2009 01:37      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was a bit anticlimatic, wasn't it [Frown] Anyone hear trumpets? Or earthquakes, or nuclear explosions? Or anything to suggest the end is nigh?

EDIT: I notice the date has been removed from the website. Must have forgotten to carry the one or something in the exact astronomical calculations

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2009 04:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been re-scheduled for tomorrow now.

<bad-Jonathan-Miller-Impersonation>
When will it be, this end of which you have spoken?
</bad-Jonathan-Miller-Impersonation>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2009 11:09      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the site's been updated to now predict that it will be "Fall 2009 - The End?" Typical. They always ignore several Biblical verses when they do this kind of thing, such as Mark 13:32: "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Oh well, these kinds of people have been around a long time. The only difference is that now they can build really bad websites.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2009 14:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly people.

Every geek knows the true End Of Time is 2038-01-19 03:14:07

--------------------

Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2009 20:04      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figures I'd be left behind... and here I was hoping to be the only one left with all the comic books in the world. Just myself, my glasses and my books.... now where did I put those glasses of mine?

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 06:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
End Of Days, Sydney style.
 -

-

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2009 20:43      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad they didn't bother to fix the rest of the site - we now have seven years of tribulation starting in 2009 and ending in 2015. [crazy]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2009 13:04      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought everyone knew it happens on December 21, 2012. That's when the Earth will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way. Also it will also be the time when the Earth has finished its 23,000 year wobble of its axis. Not to mention the fact that scientists have recently discovered a black hole at the center of the Milky Way. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1102_051102_black_hole.html

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture