homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » The invasion is coming!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The invasion is coming!
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted June 11, 2009 18:40      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Canadian invasion is coming to the US. Wcome bearing Coffee and Donuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4LKFvOGx_c

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2009 09:29      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they ready for a double-double or rolling up the rim???

[Big Grin]

And they're TIMBITS! Not munchkins. [Big Grin]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2009 09:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

____ I just wish that I did not have to drive forty miles to get their new Sausage Biscuit & Coffee.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2009 09:41      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*using tune from an old Dunkin donuts commercial*

Tim Horton's... It's worth the trip!

As a side note, I must confess that I grew up in New England. One would assume that my allegiances should side with Dunkin Donuts. However, let it be known that there are some Dunkin Donuts here in Montreal. There used to be more but in recent years some have closed do to issued the franchisees had with the mother company. Apparently, correct me if I'm wrong, they were not getting enough corporate support. As a result, fewer Dunkin Donuts and more Tim Hortons around this neck of the woods. Also, there used to be 2 Krispy Kremes. After the novelty wore off and throw on top of that their financial problems, those KKs closed as well.

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 12, 2009 09:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIMS!

drooool

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2009 10:36      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
The Canadian invasion is coming to the US. Wcome bearing Coffee and Donuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4LKFvOGx_c

Bring it on! Please, oh please... Bring it on!
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2009 12:03      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It tims still going to be tims with americans behind the counter, or are they going to import polite workers out of america's hat. and would canadians stay polite if they had to put up with americans day in anda day out.

Or is there something in these donuts that makes teh canadians docile and polite. ....

or boring

/ me takes his hat and leave before thigns get ugly.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2009 20:10      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tops supermarket chain recently stuffed a Tim Hortons into every one of their stores. Having been to a real Tim's or two before, I am definitely not impressed.

"Do you have any poppy seed bagels?"
"uhhhhhhhh... Well... We have sesame seed and, uhm.. . looks like we're out of everything bagels. Hmmm. Gosh, we have blueberry."

I sure hope they're planning to open another front in the battle. Preferably one that involves employees with half a brain.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2009 21:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Tims?

Mmmm...

(I must admit that I didn't care to watch the video, as I have no love for morning TV stuff.)

I've been to a real Tims or two between here & Boston. The first time I went, I naturally had to have some Timbits, having heard Snaggy virtually drool over them on more than one occasion. 'Twas tasty, as was the coffee, and the shop nice, though a bit empty. I think I ended up at a different one on my way to Mansfield last year, and all I remember is being hungry and delightfully surprised to get a /delicious/ sandwich (some sort of BLT &| club - possibly on a bagel), and great service. (Mind you, it was also pretty empty, but very well kept.)

Dunkin' could learn a thing or two from Tims, but I think they're in the lead for now, and I'm not sure when Americans will change their habits.

Speaking of invasions, I'm pretty happy to see that a Pret is setting up shop on the North end of Union Square! Mmm...Pret.

In a George Constanza inspired thought: Tims & Pret together (nearby, even) would be /awesome/!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2009 06:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
The Canadian invasion is coming to the US.

Who's got the matches?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2009 11:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ Aha Yes Tims ___________________

____ I sure wish that there was one closer to the Hill Top.

____ Dman their whole damn menu is good, not a loser on the list.

____ Their Coffee is always fresh and the ones around here (35 & 40 miles way) always have at least three people ahead of me.

____ It's still worth the wait.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture