homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » A little fact for you guys.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little fact for you guys.
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 11:38      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, is, as many of you know, Veterans Day, or as you guys in other countries call it, Remembrance Day. So, I got the day off of school. :^D
However, on monday my Global Teacher told my class about Frank Buckles.
In case you don't know, Frank Buckles is a 107 year old man, who is known as the only american WWI Veteran living today.
Here's a link to the Article on Wikipedia.

Frank Buckles

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 11, 2008 19:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last surviving Canadian WW1 veteran lives in the USA now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Babcock

Most Canadians wish he would agree to a state funeral when he does die, as a way for us to honour all those who served in that war. But he doesn't want that.

My grandfather served in WW1. He was a bugler in the calvary and used his wits to stay out of the trenches. I've been thinking a lot about him today. [Happytears]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture