homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Congratulations President-elect Obama (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Congratulations President-elect Obama
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 10, 2008 22:35      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
November 10, 2008 06:34
ASM I know you are angry now, but it will be for the best.

I'm not angry. It's more like "shock and awe" (about the dismal lack of critical thinking among US citizens of voting age).   [ohwell]

As an experiment, think. (see "Part I" below)

Part I: Change Has Come (to the Media)
quote:
Pre-Election:

"Indianapolis Has 105% Of Its Population Registered To Vote" -- October 8, 2008
    According to STATSIndiana ... So we have 644,197 people eligible to be registered in Marion County/Indianapolis, and 677,401 people registered. Congratulations go to Indianapolis for having 105% of its residents registered!

"FBI Probes ACORN Over Voter Registrations" -- October 17, 2008
    Law-enforcement agencies in 11 states have been investigating former ACORN canvassers -- investigations that have involved the FBI in Nevada and New Mexico.

From "old" news, there must be at least 11 investigations, right?

The Experiment: Search the news for articles on ACORN investigations ... you got at least a couple thousand hits, right?

Now, how many articles give new information on charges and legal action against ACORN _since_the_election_? I know, conservative bloggers are talking about ACORN, but where is the mainstream media reporting?

FYI: Obama cannot use "Executive Power" because he hasn't been sworn in. He's not "part of ACORN" so he'll still be Prez regardless of how many convictions leaders and workers of ACORN receive. Right? I hope you do realize that registering "Mickey Mouse" to vote is illegal, and that 105% voter registration clearly indicates some sort of "wrongdoing." By the way, a few Obama related videos (YouTube) have disappeared recently, ones made by journalists.

Look up "memory hole" ... ah, don't we love the feel of "1984"? Don't see any similarities? Well, you'll do quite well at the Ministry of Truth!

Part II: What Will Happen to the GOP after Nov 4?
quote:
I sincerely hope the Republican Party rebuilds itself ... it will make the party electable again.

Originally posted by ASM (November 03, 2008 23:51)
It's irrelevant. The point is moot.
It's pretty clear -- "the Media" chose the 2008 US President several months ago.

Still don't understand?

1992 Election --   $192 Million
1996 Election --   $239 Million
2000 Election --   $343 Million
2004 Election --   $717 Million
2008 Election -- $1,324 Million, and then some....

See the trend? Remember "Campaign Finance Reform"? If you think "Campaign Finance Reform" during Obama's administration will favor Republicans, I assure you that it will not.

From the news I'm reading since the election, my guess for the number of high level ACORN leaders who get convicted of felonies will be ... zero. This should be a very clear sign of exactly what to expect in 2012 when Democrats have even more power and pass more legislation (to secure their gains). Still don't understand? Good for you, ignorance _IS_ bliss (or so "they" say).

Part III: The Curse -- "May You Get What You Have Asked for"
quote:
You cannot have a healthy democracy without effective opposition.
Even you must recognise that ____ has drifted far too close to outright fascism for comfort

Apparently you didn't notice, Bill Ayers never lost his "freedom of speech" in spite of being a known terrorist and making treasonous psychotic rants against the US. The only thing that happened to Rev Jeremiah Wright for his ranting was that Obama finally "disowned" him in public. "You" have been able to call Bush a "NAZI" as much as you like, and what retribution came of it?

As for Obama, three reporters that wrote favorable articles on McCain were "booted off" the campaign plane. Biden didn't like the questions from Barbara West, so a scheduled Jill Biden appearance at the station was canceled. How about the way "the Media" went after "Joe the Plumber"? If they put one-tenth as much effort into checking into Obama's past, we would know exactly what Obama did at Columbia College.

If Rahm Emanuel (with "a disposition likened to that of a mobster") is a good indicator of the rest of the Obama administration, don't be surprised if Americans seek political asylum in Cuba (and anywhere else).

Congratulations, people -- you got what you asked for. Who knows, maybe you'll get to see what Biden meant by "tested."   [shake head]

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 22:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you hear something?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 23:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry Peebs, I've put ASM on the 'noisy infidel' list.
Once Comrade Sheik Obama is in the Whitehouse, ASM will just 'disappear'.

Jihad!
Jihad!
Obama Achbar!

</smug>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 07:18      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816:

Part I:Twaddle
Nonsense

Part II: Paranoid drivel
Nonsense in bullet points

Part III: "How much longer Oh Lord?"
Parts I & II recycled through the Cone of Irrelevance

Dear me ASM! You really must try and distil your frustration into coherent thought, critical thought even, the lack of which you detect in others, but curiously cannot see when you gaze lovingly into the mirror each morning.

Critical thinking ASM is the ability to analyse dispassionately and in detail both sides of an argument. A critical thinker should be as aware of the weaknesses in his own position, and the strengths in his opponents, as much as he is aware of his strengths and their weaknesses. Above all a critical thinker should have the mental flexibility to change his opinion when either he is wrong or the facts change, and the humility to both recognise when this is so, and to admit it to himself and others. You are someone who, in all the years I have been here, has never once conceded a single point, let alone an argument, and who is completely frozen in his political views. So perhaps you are not the right person to teach critical thinking. However because I believe in the unlimited capacity of the human soul for redemption, and just in case you are feeling adventurous enough to venture out of your comfort zone, let me give you some examples of critical thinking, so that you too might try this exciting intellectual experience.

In my opinion the most compelling balanced and clear case for Obama came from conservatives sources, in the interview in which Colin Powell gave his endorsement and condemned Republican racism and Islamophobia, in this discussion with David Brooks, in this editorial from the Economist, and this piece by Wick Allison. These are all calm logical clear eyed judgements, and also contain an admirably unsentimental analysis of the very serious problems that confront the Republicans. That all the Republican supporters on this board seem to imagine that those who voted for Obama did so in the main for frivolous reasons such as his charisma, or to look cool, or because it would be jolly good fun to elect someone black, rather than for the serious reasons outlined in these three articles tells me to add denial to that list of your party's problems.

P.S. ACORN, Bill Ayers, and liberal bias in the media are all nonsense, and if you had the slightest shred of objectivity you'd know that. As you don't, it shows you are completely blinded by your ideology, so any argument about these non topics would be pointless. I'm sure you have seen and ignored the links that demolish these trivial but very unpleasant smears anyway. Wouldn't it be nice if the Republican Party stopped being the party of smears and fears and returned instead to being the party of ideas. As that last link put it “Every great cause, begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” How sad.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 09:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM:
Why do you insist on repeating the same tired arguments when nobody is responding? The election is over and you can't change it. Posting on a forum that has no interest in your message accomplishes nothing, so why do you persist?

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 12:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM left out one part of the conspiracy, behold - the Carbon nanobamas
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 12:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shhh... you're not supposed to tell about those until -after- he's been injected with them

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 12:41      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay - I shamelessly nicked this from FAILblog, but it seemed to fit in just right in this thread.....

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 12:51      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Shhh... you're not supposed to tell about those until -after- he's been injected with them

And yet, here I am talking about them.

Draw your own conclusions, Comrade bin Steen.

--------------------

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 11, 2008 16:17      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
P.S. ACORN, Bill Ayers, and liberal bias in the media are all nonsense.....

In that case, you should be able to easily defend your position (by answering questions below, and without resorting to hypocrisy).

Given that "Joe the Plumber" was not running for public office, and there was no "probable cause" indicating civil or criminal wrongdoing, state officials of Ohio ran numerous checks on him, which (oddly enough [shake head] ) came to the attention of "the Media." FYI: Helen Jones-Kelley, director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, (a department running checks) donated the maximum $2,500 this year to the Obama campaign.

(Rhetorical Question) Why didn't "the Media" put far more effort into looking at Obama's past (since he's not just a plumber)?

Question #1: Why do you feel that a presidential candidate who deliberately conceals the following records should be accepted as qualified and trustworthy?
  • Vault copy of birth certificate
  • Parents' marriage license (Obama/Dunham)
  • Adoption records (Lolo Soetoro - stepfather)
  • College transcripts and related records (Occidental College, Columbia College, and Harvard College)
  • Student Loans and Tuition Payments (Occidental College, Columbia College, and Harvard College)
  • College Thesis and Law Review Articles (Columbia College and Harvard College)
  • Law practice client list
  • Illinois State Senate schedule (alleged to have been lost)
FYI: Don't play the "grain of sand" fallacy (if it's not "bad" for the case of "one", then it must not be "bad" for the case of "all"), it would indicate that you've drank too much Kool-aid. As for hypocrisy, I KNOW you don't blindly trust Republican political candidates.

(Next, assuming "Dreams of My Father" is not a fabrication/lie)
Given the claims of attending Islamic classes as a boy, and visiting Pakistan (not legal for Americans at the time), the only reasonable explanation is that Obama was strictly an Indonesian citizen (because dual citizenship was impossible).

Question #2: When did Obama reinstate his US citizenship (which requires swearing an oath of allegiance to the United States and proper paperwork filed through the U.S. State Department), and why has the document not been provided as proof of eligibility for President of the US?

FYI: If you claim Obama never lost his citizenship, then that indicates "Dreams of My Father" contains "a plethora of big, fat, juicy lies" (in which case, no one should consider him trustworthy).

In case you're confused by these questions, I'm curious why you place so much trust in someone with such a secretive background. After that, aren't journalists SUPPOSED to ask questions, get answers, and act as the public watchdog?

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 16:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey look, a funny website.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 17:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM65816 wrote:
Various idiotic things

I'll ask again, ASM
Why do you insist on repeating the same tired arguments when it's obvious that nobody here believes them? The election is over and nothing you post here will change the results.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 17:40      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM reminds me of my step-dad.

He's actually talking about Obama "not being born in the US" right now.

Actually, I'm curious about that bit myself. Heck, they won't even let me and my mom join the indian tribe because the birth records for my mom were destroyed many years ago. /shrug [Confused]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 19:05      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to not engaging?

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 19:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually curious about what it is that ASM hopes to achieve by posting. I don't think it'll be nearly as entertaining as his Tivo-SNL conspiracy, but I'm still curious. *shrug*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 19:29      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people just can't resist. Steen, it's also amusing when he cites SNL as a source of news.

Ah well.

I know Americans who've been to Cuba even though it's illegal for Americans to go there. They either flew in via Canada or Mexico. If Obama went to Pakistan illegally, he probably did it the same way these people I know did it: he went to some other country first and then crossed the border. Though I've never heard of a travel ban on Pakistan. The US has been historically friendly with Pakistan and propped up their right-wing quasi-democracy all through the Cold War (which basically overlaps Pakistan's entire existence until the early 90's...). I can imagine there were advisories against traveling in certain parts of Pakistan and I know that the Pakistani government has layers upon layers of bureacracy mountaineers are subjected to (partially because the big mountains are in or near Kashmir), but I don't think we've ever severed ties with the whole country and forbid people from setting foot over the border. Even so, you can be a US citizen carrying a US passport and enter a country you're not supposed to be in. It's a very dicey business, breaking a travel ban like that, because if you lose your passport or otherwise run into trouble you're fscked. But Americans do it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 22:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:

Actually, I'm curious about that bit myself.

Your step-dad has Obama confused with McCain, who actually was born outside the USA.

As for the birth certificate thing, it's a complete furphy, Obama's birth certificate was made public months ago, there's even a birth announcement from a 1961 Hawaii newspaper.

-

ASM, like most of the right-wing tinfoil-hat brigade, is completely impervious to anything as mundane as evidence.

--------------------

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 00:58      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
November 11, 2008 17:10
I'll ask again, ASM
Why do you insist on repeating the same tired arguments when it's obvious that nobody here believes them? The election is over and nothing you post here will change the results.

Sometimes, people using my name will draw my attention, and I post. Other times, people being "just plain wrong" (or spreading propaganda) gets my attention, and I counter the Leftist rhetoric. GC may be more than 95% Leftists, but I've bet against it.

I really find it sad that "critical thinking" is in such decline. For example, the following incorrect statement:
quote:
November 11, 2008 17:40

I didn't say "Obama wasn't born in the US" (a moot point, whether true or not).

If "someone" had read about "Adoption records (Lolo Soetoro - stepfather)" -- then he could have realized that an Adopted Child (generally) gains the citizenship of the country of the adopting parent(s), assuming permanent residence declared for the child as well. The countries which allow dual-citizenship are limited. Dual-citizenship for Obama (or anyone) was not valid in Indonesia -- his adoption made him an Indonesian citizen. Therein lies the problem.

quote:
November 11, 2008 19:29
Though I've never heard of a travel ban on Pakistan.

Pakistan was under martial law from 1977 to 1988 under General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq. That would certainly explain the US State Department issuing a "Don't Go There" policy.

(IMNSHO) Since Obama made the claim of traveling to Pakistan in 1981 (college years), some things come to mind:
  • Why repeat more and more instances of "breaking the law" (even if you know charges would not be filed)?
  • Why remind people of your reckless behavior (even if long ago)?
  • How did a college student pay for world travel (unless he was "one of those rich kids")?

EDIT:
quote:
Obama's birth certificate was made public .....
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/Polarik/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg

That image is regarded as a forgery. A sloppy one. Look at the borders, in the corners. The horizontal line is "offset" as it crosses the vertical bars. There isn't a Notary Seal on the document. "Negro" not "African" was the common legal term for "Black" at that time. Finally, we all know about PhotoShop, so let a court official view the physical document.

Instead of taking 10 minutes to provide a court official authority to access to the original document, Obama has the document sealed to prevent access. Obama has denied access to dozens of his records. Why hide a document that shows you're telling the truth?   [Confused]

One theory: his birth name is "Barry Sunflower-Anne-Stanley Obama" (it was a sixties thing)
(Boy, wouldn't that be embarrassing, but it would explain why he was called "Barry", and the bit about moving to Indonesia to escape the taunting of other children.)

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 01:22      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas that is toxic at concentrations as low as 1:10,000. It's knows as 'the silent killer'. Unless the coroner knew what to look for, it would be unlikely to show up on a autopsy, the victim would be assumed to have died of heart failure.

I'm just sayin, people who would sneak into a mans home and tamper with his video collection, there's no telling what they might do to someone who's smart enough to have figured out a 37 year Al Qaeda conspiracy that fooled the CIA and FBI...

--------------------

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 01:40      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sometimes, people using my name will draw my attention, and I post. Other times, people being "just plain wrong" (or spreading propaganda) gets my attention, and I counter the Leftist rhetoric. GC may be more than 95% Leftists, but I've bet against it.

-
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 05:38      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
P.S. ACORN, Bill Ayers, and liberal bias in the media are all nonsense.....

In that case, you should be able to easily defend your position (by answering questions below, and without resorting to hypocrisy).

ASM I'd be delighted to answer your questions if you will answer mine. And please - no hypocrisy from you too.

A few posts back you reminded me that the Nazis were the National Socialist Party, bravely revealing their hidden identity as communists. Thank you for that, it explains a lot, like why both Hitler and Stalin had moustaches, but significantly NO BEARD. Now I'm not saying they were false moustaches, or that all moustaches hide a totalitarian dictator, but it makes you think doesn't it? But I am getting distracted, my real worry is about the Republican Party, and particularly the Texas Republicans, often cruelly caricatured as extremists, but they speak to you ASM, and I suppose like you, they think of themselves as simple country boys,

Or do they?

It is significant, is it not, that France is a Republic <significant pause - twilight zone theme tune>? And there's more. France is a Catholic country, and the Catholic terrorists in Ireland call themselves the Irish <significant pause> Republican Army. Furthermore Texas contains a town called Paris, which is not only the name of the Hilton heiress, but also (and I've checked this on an atlas) the capital of France!!!!! And no I haven't finished yet - one of the most distinguished Texan Republicans is a Mr Tom Delay, which translated from the French, is Tom Of Sex. While you let that sink in, ask yourself this - could this be a coded reference to Tom of Finland? Now any one of things might be a coincidence, but taken together it makes any reasonable man suspicious does it not? I'm not claiming that all Texan republicans are secretly degenerate homosexual Roman Catholic French terrorists, but these questions will remain until they are conclusive answered by the incontrovertible evidence, birth certificates, STD tests, membership rolls of gay organisations in Texas, and so on. How do we know if once inside their ranches, it's off with the Stetsons and on with the berets as they slurp onion soup with a degenerate "ooh lala!' instead of a sturdy American "Yeehaw!"? Why have the annual sales figures for berets in Texas been concealed? Why is there no information on the amount of Semtex these people hold? What are they hiding?

But seriously, far from there being liberal media bias, if your media is guilty of anything it is of taking stuff like this too seriously, of too often describing Republican claims like this as controversial instead of as lies or nonsense. Thus even now there is currency to the myth that Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet. This has poisoned your political discourse, and I hope that the Obama era not only signals an end to the monster years, but might also result in a media with more balls and independence ready to tell it like it really is. The poison spread in this election has resulted in too many Republican supporters who say they are scared of Obama, so although these vile smears have no effect outside the core Republican vote, indirectly it affects us all. It was not insignificant that as McCain was giving his gracious concession speech, and quite correctly encouraging his supporters to accept Obama as their President, this was greeted with boos, and the camera cut away to a woman who was shaking her head, and mouthing "No..never". McCain never looked comfortable with the negative campaign he was required to run, and it was refreshing to see the man he is at heart re-emerge at the end. The Republicans did not deserve a candidate of such innate decency and honour, qualities they seem to neither recognise nor value.

That ASM, is why your behaviour in spreading these insidious lies is both despicable, and, if you believe in democracy, your constitution, and the Presidency, profoundly unpatriotic. I have nothing but scorn for what you are doing.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 06:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________ Hi All __ I am not sure where these people get their info. On the ABC network there is a female show called the View, one of the panelists is a Elisabeth Hasselbeck, while very pretty she is almost a female ASM same bullets same talking points even when disproved she always comes back to the same statements over and over again, ARE THEY ONE AND THE SAME? Last night I got an E-Mail with the same talking points and same old tired arguments that we hear from ASM, again I ask was the E-mail from Elisabeth/ASM? I am starting to think so.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 07:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, ASM is Ann Coulter, because everyone knows she looks like a man. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 08:42      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
No, ASM is Ann Coulter, because everyone knows she looks like a man. [Big Grin]

If by "looks like" you mean...
Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2008 12:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Calli:
That ASM, is why your behaviour in spreading these insidious lies is both despicable, and, if you believe in democracy, your constitution, and the Presidency, profoundly unpatriotic. I have nothing but scorn for what you are doing

Now now Calli, don't be so harsh.

ASM is providing a valuable service to his nation.

Voters memories are notoriously short, ASM and his ilk serve as a constant reminder to ordinary, decent Americans, of what a bunch of loony dingbats the Republicans have become.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture