homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Congratulations President-elect Obama (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Congratulations President-elect Obama
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 19:56      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
I consider you a friend (the kind I love to argue with, then five minutes later go shopping with), and would love to know that you feel the same toward me. Do you forgive me? And if you show me how exactly I have offended you, I will do my best to avoid it from now on.

We get to go shopping?! Yay!!! [Applause]
Sure, whenever! Actually, just the other day, I spent an awful amount here (although you may prefer this location). Yeah, the steampunk wave got me hard, with its elegant Victorian style. I'm planning a few costumes for next August... [crazy]

quote:
Hey, no worries, Stereo. I can't remember what you said, so apparently it didn't offend me. [Big Grin]

Good! I was pretty sure I hadn't been offensive, but it's good to hear my message wasn't distorted in some unexpected way.

quote:
I was rather annoyed at dman's assertion that Jonathan and I are racist.

I think the Dragon's comment was rather an exemplification of something he has seen generally, that is people not voting for Obama out of racism, but hiding behind more socially acceptable explanations for their choices. Something you said probably hit a sensible spot, and he answered with his gut feeling. But you know him already, so you know he is not the kind to hurt purposefully.

quote:
So I step back and just watch and listen.

And that's a good way to learn. (BTW, you have been very quiet lately. I hope with the election over, we'll get to hear more from you!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 20:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been quiet since I've discovered the Fatosphere, a whole wealth of information and encouragement about fat acceptance. It's definitely helped me learn to love and appreciate my body and believe that it's something for which I need to care for well. Good Web sites to get an introduction to the 'sphere are Shapely Prose, Big Fat Deal Blog, and my favorite, Fatshionista. Take a gander at them, even if you're not fat. It's lost of fun! (And educational.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 21:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I *never* said that Rhonwyyn is a racist...I only made that presumption about her husband because of the views she attributed to him.

Rhonwyyn: I'm sorry if I irked you with that, but I do stand by my points about wanting to hear /your/ views, not your husband's. You're definitely smart enough to handle these thoughts yourself...so such posts are kind of disappointing.

Personally, I have always been considerably more interested in technology, but as the years have gone by, I've come to realize that the other things are much too important to let them slide by...so I've taken to keeping a lot more current.

I'm going to be a good ice-breathing dragon† and not touch the Palin/Clinton comments with a 10' pole, despite my pretty strong views on the matter. [Smile]

† Xanthine, you're right...I need to stay true to my roots and ignore the things under the Fremont bridge. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 21:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lizard? Last time we met you were a warm-blood, dman. What happened?

quote:
Originally posted by NoRealReason:
Interesting....I believe that when confronted with reasoned words and opinions, I had responded in kind. Are you also speaking to CpnVic and Xanthine, both of whom resorted to the old stand-by, the penis joke. Not only childish, but vulgar as well, a 2 for 1 deal. They are part of what I refer to as the stale vs the new. Anything they, or anyone else averaging 4299+ posts says, will be viewed with a much softer focus than anything I, or anyone with and average of 55 posts, might say. Heavens forbid I say something ill-tempered, or churlish, directly to them...it's circle the wagons time. I understand that, it is natural. It does not make it any more infuriating for a 'new' member here though..

First of all, your belief was just wrong. That happens with beliefs sometimes.

Second of all, penis jokes are fun and subversive and sometimes even required. Particularily when dealing with a confessed troll.

Third of all, regarding the respect given to members with larger post counts, it's called signal to noise. At 55 posts, we're still not sure what your signal and what your noise is. Frankly it looks like your signal is lost in the noise of troll. We may need some fresh faces around here, but not the kind of fresh you're offering.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 21:21      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
It probably makes him feel good though. [Razz]

It still won't make his penis any bigger......poor little thing.
/me proceeds to laugh so hard a noodle comes out his nose

Tch.. I'm so immature -_-'

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2008 21:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Lizard? Last time we met you were a warm-blood, dman. What happened?

Fixed.

Cheers,

dragon

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 03:33      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman is the center of attention of the newbie. Gosh, disappear for a few weeks and I find that you get a groupie. Go figure. Although it seems you do have to share with stereo. ah well. Good thing you got an A+ in kindergarten.

Not everyone who did not vote for Obama is a racist. I agree that many are, and that there is a current of racism that runs through this country. It varies from hardcore rabid evil to subtle and sneaky, but not voting for obama does not make one a racist automatically. I compare it to Hillary clinton. Just because I would have gouged my eyes out of their sockets with my son's baby teeth rather than vote for her, does not mean I automatically think a woman should not hold high office.

The one argument many were making that made my jaw muscles hurt were the assassination comments, and making this into a done deal therefore Biden v. Palin were the deciding factors. UGH. Yes, there may be attempts just like there may be attempts during any other president's term, but these people who threw that crap around like it was some deep and shocking thought keep neglecting the secret service. There may be an attempt, but they will do everything to make sure it doesnt happen, and quite frankly I am looking forward to rubbing their noses in it 4 years down the road when obama is running for re-election and the crowd is shouting 4 more years.

I was not thrilled with any of my choices but I must admit when i was listening to his acceptance speech that I was happy to have given him my vote. I just hope that everyone's expectations are not so high that disappointment follows.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 03:57      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NoRealReason:
...A bit more on topic though, I did read the article Callipygous referred to....after a once through, it seems to be true, in the ideal, but reality I suspect is far messier than what I took his message as: "America decided a black man was needed at this time to show the world how far we have come"
I could be completely wrong about what he intended.

Yup completely utterly 100% wrong. The absolute polar opposite of the clear intent of my post, and of the arguments made in the article I linked to, which you say you have read. This debating technique is known as the straw man, and is not widely admired.

You say that we are not debating with you, but conducting interior monologues with ourselves. Hmmm... checked the mirror lately?

To answer the argument you raise in this post, I don't believe, and can find no evidence in the demographic statistics that race influenced the votes of many this time. The actual results tallied closely with opinion polls, so there was no evidence of the "Bradley effect". This is unsurprising, because with the critical issues at stake this time, there were plenty of vital and immediate reasons to cast your vote for or against either candidate without needing to fall back on race. That is not to understate the huge significance of Obama's campaign and victory, which rather than being founded on race, instead points to a new politics where race is no longer an issue. The significance of this raises some uncomfortable questions for the Afro American community, as well as giving them comfort and encouragement.

Neither am I saying that racism is dead, or that it was not present during this election campaign. Though of course not officially endorsed, the background noise on talk radio, and on the Internet in places such as forums, blogs, YouTube comments, and even a few posts here, showed a lot of utterly vile racial scaremongering, based on ludicrous smears, that attempted to plant suspicions that Obama was actually some kind of Manchurian candidate, a secret Arab terrorist with ambitions to become a dictator, who had smuggled himself into the election. I still am disgusted that I have not heard any responsible Republican supporters condemn this behaviour or contradict those smears, apart from McCain himself, and to a chorus of boos, and yes Rhonnie, protesting that you do not want him assassinated is NOT the same thing. If some ignorant redneck inflamed with this intemperate nonsense, is equipping himself with a sniper rifle at the moment, which you have acknowledged as a possibility, believe me, you all share the blame. However as far as the ballot goes, luckily such nonsense has little resonance outside the most ignorant part of the core Republican vote, and so had I believe little or no effect on the result.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 07:04      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yup completely utterly 100% wrong. The absolute polar opposite of the clear intent of my post, and of the arguments made in the article I linked to, which you say you have read. This debating technique is known as the straw man, and is not widely admired. [/QB]
To be clear, the beliefs I stated were my understanding of the views of the article only, not your views nor what you were trying to convey in your post. And I am finding that there is no such thing as "clear intent" when it comes to posting here. I will have to look up straw man, as I do not know what that is.

I keep trying to be done with this, I really do, but I am finding it hard to see the difference between making a play on words when referring to someone's board name in order to express disdain, and calling someone names while questioning their penis size. So far, the only difference I see is the 'who' who says it. I would be willing to bet that had I called D-man small dicked, I would be getting beat up even more vehemently than I am now from the same people throwing those words at me.

Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 08:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, now, I see your problem. You don't know how to make an effective argument. You think you do, but really you're so off the mark the rest of us think you're trolling. I suggest you stick to social threads until you've gotten yourself up to speed (which isn't that hard to do - just do some reading and listening and practicing and expect to get shot down until you've learned to get it right).

In other words: Debating...you're doing it wrong.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 09:07      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calli,

Here is my take on this last election.

We have finally gotten to a point where the concept of a black president is no longer vehemently disallowed by a majority of voters. While racism possibly accounted for some votes going to McCain, I do not think it was the main concern of the voters. I think white/black/male/female played a much smaller role that media wanted it to.

I think it was more of a dissatisfaction with the current situation and lay of the government land that caused this election possible.

I heard something, and I think it was Obama's talk on the Daily Show, where he mentioned that the U.S. is pretty conservative in its governance. Basically it takes a disaster to see any big changes in the way the government works. Otherwise we tend to stick to the status quo. I think there is a huge amount of truth in that statement.

I think that recent troubles in the world financial and security arenas have paved the way for a possible shake-up with the way things have run.

I think, while a tad bit simplistic, there is a lot of truth in the article. The middle-class has steadily grown over the years, but in some cases I think people have realized that being in the middle is a lot tougher than being on the bottom or on the top. Many people, through both a mixture of their own bad choices and the bad choices of others are now watching this class suddenly getting squeezed in ways they never thought were possible.

With the recent collapse in housing and the world markets in response to the credit and housing crunches, we began to look at our current deficit and the way the government is spending money. Now some of this groundwork was laid before Bush ever got a chance to sit in the oval office, so I will not lay the blame on him in totality. However, the collapse came full swing under his watch, and was ignored.

So the people concerned with our fiscal solvency now look back at the surplus we once had and are naturally saying "A little 'tang in the oval office doesn't look to be nearly as terrible as having to owe everyone and their world loan shark brother."

You have people tired of two wars and government intervention. Thinking that in 8 years we have overstepped our bounds and rather than the smaller, more efficient government we were promised by the Republicans, we have crept into a police state mentality.

There are scores of other issues and little nuances within. But as the numbers are beginning to suggest, it was not the youth, the hispanics, the blacks or any other single demographic that made it possible for Obama's win. But a large set of issues that sweep across the board.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2008 14:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
I don't believe, and can find no evidence in the demographic statistics that race influenced the votes of many this time.

Map of counties where the Republicans increased their % of the vote...

-

Map of the Confederate States of America.
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted November 09, 2008 18:31      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... and ASM?
I'll try to be gentle, since some of you have very fragile little minds.

The "motto" of the 2008 US Election should go down in history as:
quote:
All the cool kids are voting for Obama!
    If you don't vote for Obama -- YOU'RE NOT COOL!!!
      Vote for Obama!

Many who voted for Obama probably don't know what "centrist" means. (Hint: It wasn't named after a man named "Centr.")

Did you read how Obama voted in the US Senate, or did you accept the TV coverage as everything you needed to know?

Do you know the examples of Obama unifying Democrats and Republicans, or was "the TV said so" good enough?

When and where did Obama learn his economic policies?

When and where did Obama learn his foreign policies?

quote:
November 05, 2008, 16:08
That's it guys, it looks like ASM was right.
He tried to warn us, but we just wouldn't listen.   [Frown]

For the majority of government issues, I've said fraud is the problem to fix first.

That aside, ask yourself did you let $650 million in "advertising" buy your vote? Was the slogan "he's not Bush" more important than the candidate's voting record? Were you more influenced by hearing the motto "Change We Can Believe In," or by reading analysis of how he made changes in previous offices and whether the changes were progress, impediments, or simply irrelevant?

What do you know about him from Occidental College, or Columbia College? What do you know about his Harvard College activities, or anything he wrote as President of the Harvard Law Review? Was he the studious and dedicated "geek" or was he the "jock" using his popularity for the easy ride?

quote:
November 05, 2008, 06:31
... the best way to ensure Obama is not assassinated would be <blah blah blah blah blah>

Please refrain from smears against America and its people. Knowing the open hatred and rhetoric against Bush, and the protection Obama has received for many months, don't expect assassination attempts to get far. (I dare you to say something stupid like "Oh yeah, Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in a country where people are a million times more peaceful than Americans.")

Here's something for the conspiracy nuts:

A "lone gunman" killing Obama (on a $367 budget) is highly unlikely. Also, an assassination would not give Republicans (or "Conservative" groups) the White House, nor would it improve their numbers in Congress.

Consider a "special" group of people making a "$650 million investment" on who gets to be "the most powerful man in the world":
  • Would anybody be "angry" about a politician "doing his own thing"? (For example, half of his cabinet picks not being on campaign contributors' list of "suggested" candidates.)

• If "winning is everything" and you know the one you really want as President could never win the election -- why not win the election by proxy? Technically, an assassination wouldn't be necessary; an unimaginably humiliating investigation with numerous convictions (followed by prominent party members "throwing him to the wolves") could do the job.

Third scenario: Assassination appears "successful" except there's a "miraculous recovery" from the injuries sustained. Well, that wouldn't be conspiracy, because the correct classification would be "Bible prophecy."   [Eek!]

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 19:00      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just cleaning up the "Today's Active Topics" page.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 19:02      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFLMAO at ASM's obvious angst*

ASM:
Obama won. Deal with it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 19:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<smug>
Poor ASM, he can't cope with the fact that the majority of Americans preferred a black arab muslim socialist America-hating cut-and-run coward faggot-loving gun-grabbing terrorist anti-christ to 4 more years of ASM's lunatic-right pals.

</smug>

/me wanders off to tamper with ASM's video collection...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 19:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, he's, like, having a seizure!

--------------------
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 23:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, that was in the back of my mind for a bit, but now I see it happening in real life.

/me chuckles and goes to sleep with a silly grin on his face...

--------------------

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 23:49      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TFD:
<smug>
Poor ASM, he can't cope with the fact that the majority of Americans preferred a black arab muslim socialist America-hating cut-and-run coward faggot-loving gun-grabbing terrorist anti-christ to 4 more years of ASM's lunatic-right pals.
</smug>

Just to give you a little more perspective about the current state of society in the US:
  • Jack Murtha: Reelected after referring to the voters of his state as "racists." (Naturally, he "apologized.")

• William Jefferson: Reelected after indictment for corruption, and facing 16 charges (racketeering, soliciting bribes, and money laundering).

• Charlie Rangel: Reelected with 87% of the vote. Paid more than $100,000 to a law firm using campaign funds; facing charges of tax evasion and Congressional ethics violations.
Out of 11 Congressmen under investigation -- 9 were reelected.

There are two simple explanations (possibilities):
  1. Voters are absolutely CLUELESS about criminal charges that any given candidate may be facing.
          - or -
  2. Voters want criminals to have authority over them (taxation, law making, etc).

Between "The Sopranos" and "Grand Theft Auto" (not to mention other "entertainment"), probably "half" of Americans have been convinced that life without crime would be unbearable (boring). Maybe the answer is as simple as drug addiction -- why would a drug addict vote for someone who would eliminate his narcotics supply? Expect his vote to go to the local drug lord instead.

I'm really not having trouble "coping" with the situation. In the course of almost 30 years, I've only had my car broken into on two occasions, neither time in my own neighborhood. My "lunatic-right pals" are boring, but at least I don't worry about them stealing stuff to pay for crack, or vandalizing the property of others for a "good time."

After all I've seen and the news I've read in the past decade, I no longer care about the suffering that people bring upon themselves. Attempting to stop the self-destructive behavior of someone is a losing proposition, and the rule seems to apply to self-destructive society as well. In all honesty, the most effective curse upon "Liberals" these days is "may you get what you have asked for" (with laws and politicians).

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 00:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, interesting pr0n collection ASM, I had no idea your tastes were so...

...unorthodox.

You know, there are laws against some of that stuff.

btw - I wouldn't drink the milk in your fridge, one of the other Men In Black...

...nah, you don't want to know, just don't drink it, m'kay?

Oh, and you might like to get a new toothbrush.

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 00:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. It's, like, status epilepticus...

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 06:34      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM I know you are angry now, but it will be for the best. I sincerely hope the Republican Party rebuilds itself as something which decent people can vote for without holding their noses. That will mean upsetting the extreme right, but it will make the party electable again, and you cannot have a healthy democracy without effective opposition. Even you must recognise that the Republican Party has drifted far too close to outright fascism for comfort, and your simplistic politics of deregulation, tax cuts, and trickle down economics, are discredited at best, and in some cases the source of much of our current problems.

-

The world has turned.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 15:36      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816:

You know, buddy, I think there's a medication you can get for that.

Or you could move to a proper Theocratic country, but the list on Wikipedia suggests there's only one really solid proper Theocracy these days -- and I somehow doubt you'd be any happier in Iran.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 19:06      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like someone has a small penis

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2008 20:12      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM's got more problems than that. We're not sure if he's human, some whacked out AI script, or a combination.

Just trust us on this one. When it comes to ASM, for the sake of your own sanity, laugh but do not engage. You'll never regret it. The alternative is life-long scarring.

/me twitches

--------------------
- The Decemberists

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture