homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Buckley Supports Obama -- Resigns National Review

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buckley Supports Obama -- Resigns National Review
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 7 posted October 14, 2008 17:53      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what the #1 intellectual voice of conservatism had to say as he resigned the flagship conservative publication his father founded:

"Eight years of 'conservative' government has brought us a doubled national debt, ruinous expansion of entitlement programs, bridges to nowhere, poster boy Jack Abramoff and an ill-premised, ill-waged war conducted by politicians of breathtaking arrogance. As a sideshow, it brought us a truly obscene attempt at federal intervention in the Terry Schiavo case," he also wrote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

More mindless, ill-informed, liberal sheep trying to be PC Mr. Nibbler, Mrs. Nibbler, PaidPhreak, ASM, Chesty et al.?

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Let's recognize who you are, what you stand for, and how incredibly prejudiced you folks are with an invitation for y'all to go burn a cross on somebody else's lawn.

All-Righty?

All Righty!

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2008 18:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not alone, here's what Francis Fukuyama, one of the founding fathers of Neoconservatism, said in an interview on aussie radio this year

quote:
From TFA:
I personally actually don't want to see a Republican re-elected because I have a general view of the way democratic processes should work and if your party is responsible for a big policy failure, you shouldn't be rewarded by being re-elected.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2008 19:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I thought you meant Tim Buckley. [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture