homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Someone should tell the Jews...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone should tell the Jews...
PaintedBlue
Geek Larva
Member # 21999

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 20:51      Profile for PaintedBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that the messiah has come...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OowxMcVTjTE

--------------------
What binds us together is stronger than what separates us.

Posts: 27 | From: SE US | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 21:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the KKK supports McCain

Nutcases who support a particular candidate do not represent that candidate.

McCain is not affiliated with the KKK and Obama does not claim to be Jesus.

You, however, seem to enjoy proving that you are a dumbass.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaintedBlue
Geek Larva
Member # 21999

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 21:39      Profile for PaintedBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. [Smile]

We all know that a Muslim would never support someone who is a non-Muslim because they are the infidel. So...the logical conclusion is that Farrakhan knows something that Obama is not telling the American people.

Constantly resorting to personal attacks may be your style, GrumpySteen, but to be honest, I'd rather just debate on a non-personal level regarding a man that I believe is a danger to the United States of America if allowed to become our president. I'm not alone in this thinking. We're the most powerful country on the planet and we don't need someone with terrorist ties at the helm.

--------------------

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 21:51      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really PaintedBlue, it's OK to take a break from FOX News & Talk Radio now and then...
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
PaintedBlue
Geek Larva
Member # 21999

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 22:06      Profile for PaintedBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thanks for that tidbit. I actually had little time to watch or listen today. [Wink]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2008 23:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PaintedBlue wrote:
we don't need someone with terrorist ties at the helm.

Then it's a good thing McCain is falling behind in the polls and Palin is about to go to jail, huh?

Since you say want to debate (even though your posts are little more than inflammatory garbage), let's do so.

McCain's backers are guilty of funding terrorists who are responsible for thousands of murders. Palin's got plenty of ties to AIG which was founded by a man who said “My government is my worst enemy. I’m going to fight them with any means at hand” and was supported by Iran (you know, the MUSLIM nation where US citizens were held hostage).

Obama served on a charity board that funded educational projects with a college professor who admits that he regrets things he did in the past and was voted citizen of the year by Chicago. Ayers turned his life around and became a worthwhile citizen and has no ongoing ties with Obama.

So tell us... why does McCain's campaign being funded by a man who is guilty of funding a band of murderous terrorists not bother you? Why do Palin's ties to a group founded to fight the government and backed by Iran not bother you?

Please explain how you rationalize your dismissal of these active connections while pointing to Obama's past work on a charity board with a reformed man as proof of guilt.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 00:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaintedBlue:
We're the most powerful country on the planet and we don't need someone with terrorist ties at the helm.

Perhaps these words from a very wise man † will reassure you.
quote:
John McCain:
I have to tell you, he is a decent person, and a person that you do not have to be scared as President of the United States."

† - applying a suitably loose definition of 'wise'

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 00:55      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We all know that a Muslim would never support someone who is a non-Muslim because they are the infidel. So...the logical conclusion is that Farrakhan knows something that Obama is not telling the American people.

Anything can become a logical conclusion, as long as the premises aren't examined. However, if you're not going to bother getting your facts straight, be prepared to look stupid.

Or are you saying we've already got a Muslim president?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 03:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ I like to watch people clutch at straws. That said lets deal with closer to the truth. IKE DDE had R. Nixon be his flamer, (Lightning Rod) for poorly thought out ideas. R. Nixon had S. Agnew to test the waters. R. Regan had the Bush Senior. Bush junior has D. Chenney. So the Vet stabbing J. McCain uses S Palin to be his lightning Rod and stir up anger, so that the mud doesn't stick to his raincoat.

_____ Mark Twain (Samual Clemons) wrote an essay about why he would not run for public office.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
PaintedBlue
Geek Larva
Member # 21999

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 07:26      Profile for PaintedBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the kool-aid has been consumed in mass quantities here.

[crazy]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 07:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PaintedBlue wrote:
Constantly resorting to personal attacks may be your style, GrumpySteen, but to be honest, I'd rather just debate on a non-personal level

A hypocrite -and- a liar. Nice.

Or do you think that you're special and should not be held to your own statements?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 07:41      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, this is why I stay out of political discussions.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 10:53      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[crazy]

I guess so. I mean, how else do we explain you taking something as supposedly common knowledge when, in reality, it's proven false with a quick Google search?

I have no problem with people choosing whatever political beliefs the want, but at least have some good reasoning. My mom is pretty conservative, but she knows to check questionable information she's given, and that any chain emails she gets are almost guaranteed to be false.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaintedBlue
Geek Larva
Member # 21999

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 13:27      Profile for PaintedBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are just too easy and predictable. [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 14:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PaintedBlue:
You said you prefer to debate on a non-personal level, yet you respond only with derisive remarks and insults.

Either defend your statements or admit that you are a hypocrite.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 15:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on guys, haven't you caught on yet that PaintedBlue is Chesty in a frock and wig?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 15:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either that or a troll.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2008 16:02      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PaintedBlue I would love it if you would debate this. You said at the beginning of this thread that you would like to debate this on a non personal level, but though others here have raised issues of substance, you don't seem interested in answering them, instead making demeaning remarks. Do you have an answer?

I would also like an answer to a question that I posed in a previous thread, namely how so you reconcile what you are posting here with your sig which appears to argue for some mutual respect? If you believe what you are posting here, that the Dems have chosen someone with radical Islamist sympathies as their presidential candidate, and since there is no real evidence to support such a hysterical conspiracy theory, you must also think Democrats are some kind of enemy within, the very opposite sentiment to your sig. In any event I suggest you heed these words from your preferred candidate. Nice to see him show his honourable and decent side. We haven't seen that in a while.

It may well be that you are actively seeking abuse so that you can comfort yourself with the notion that anyone who disagrees with you is overemotional and unable to see reason. Unfortunately your own unwillingness to meet any of the rational arguments head on suggests the opposite may be true.

If you are actually interested in examining the basis of your political views, I suggest you research the word "demagogy" and then ask yourself some pretty hard questions about Republican politics of the last ten years.

I await your reply with interest

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2008 03:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________ Painted Blue __ You are so much like Elisabeth on "The View". Even when she gets refutation of one of her facts, she goes right back to the same old "GOP Republican" Statement.

Believe me if Bill Clinton could have made the SDS and Weathermen charges stick it would have happened.

Right now the world economy is in a shambles and the people in office are partly or totally to blame, I lost my whole life's savings, I do not have ten or twenty years for it to build back up, I am in retirement. No way would I reward the "GOP" with my vote after the suits took away my dreams.

Elisabeth and yourself are cheerleaders for J. McCain. and the "GOP" and any statements made by us are to you nonsense. So any statements that you do not feel like answering, you like a high school cheerleader hold up your hand in the "whatever" mode and go on with your cheer.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture