homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » The Clarion Fund

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Clarion Fund
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2008 04:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________de TheMoMan __ Last night we got a unrequested unasked for DVD in the mail, USPS. The Tittle Obsession. Radical Islam's War Against The West.
The return address

The Clarion Fund
255W. 36th Street
Suite 800
New York, NY. 10018

____I and the MrsMoMan have not viewed this thing yet however from what info I have gathered from the Web it is very pro McCain and pro Israel.

____Has any one else gotten such a mailing and if so your review?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2008 05:20      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got two of these last week. One in an envelope in the mail and the other looked like it was hand
delivered as there was no post. Looked like plain hate speech to me despite the glowing review
quotes on the front. Both went straight to the trash. Don't you love living in a battleground state?

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 28, 2008 22:47      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarion Responds, As New Details Emerge About "Radical Islam" DVD

http://www.npr.org/blogs/secretmoney/2008/09/new_details_emerge_about_radic.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbler
Mini Geek
Member # 21492

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2008 07:44      Profile for nibbler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the OCDBPAC spot on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-K7JwwV0U

I also love the way NPR doesn't even try to show both sides of an issue. There is no confusing them with "fair and balanced".

--------------------
Myrtle Beach, Dude January Ski Trip Spring Break

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2008 10:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nibbler wrote:

I also love the way NPR doesn't even try to show both sides of an issue. There is no confusing them with "fair and balanced".

Perhaps you would care to present the other side of the issue and explain just how Clarion's DVD, the video from their associated organization and other actions are -not- an attempt to influence the election which would, as NPR points out, violate their tax-exempt status as a charity.

C'mon... show us what "fair and balanced" is all about.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture