homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » The customer is always right, very Right!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The customer is always right, very Right!
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2008 01:29      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week we got an e-mail from out IT dept. that we were not to have non-stock desktop photos or screensavers on our computers. Which I guess is in the employee manual but who reads those?

Anyway I guess the memo stemmed from a customer complaint. The customer saw an Obama campaign sign on the screen of an employee and was offended and said she thought they walked into the local Democratic HQ. The thing is this employee has a dual display set-up that had the Obama Sign on one screen and the McCain Sign on the other! But the McCain sign must not had been visible at the time. Had she only seen the McCain sign this probably would not have been an issue.

The screens now contain generic images.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 07, 2008 13:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I send a complaint about those generic images?
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2008 13:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offended by an Obama campaign sign? That's pretty weak.

What would ever happen to this person if they were given "the finger" or were ever exposed to the 'f-bomb?' Would they curl up into a ball and cry, needing years of therapy to recover?

I guess they'll be badly disappointed in a few months? [Wink]
</optimistic>

Speaking of generic images and as someone who works in IT, I'm kind of annoyed at someone who changed the wallpaper on an XP box to have the Leopard background. I'm quite certain I know who did it, and she's just a wannabe Mac user -- and I feel it's a really lame thing to have done. (Once I caught her proselytizing to someone who wasn't very interested and I pointedly asked her about her Mac (while I was sat behind my MacBook), and she actually said that she didn't have one.)

I'm much more offended by the sight of Vista, as well as "W" bumper stickers.

*sigh*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2008 14:29      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I forgot to mention, I work for a newspaper. I'm not sure if our paper endorses candidates or not, if they do they don't do any campaigning to the employees. I suppose she may have thought we were endorsing Obama. Although this was not on a reporter's computer, it was an ad designers computer that happens to be in view in our main lobby. I guess she even called a local radio station to bitch about it.

I've never understood a newspaper endorsing a candidate when reporters are supposed to be unbiased, but we do have FOX News these days.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture