homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Talk about a stupid P.E.P.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Talk about a stupid P.E.P.
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2008 04:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ P.E.P. (Politically Exposed Person) How could E. Spitzer not know that because of his past history that any transaction from his bank accounts would be under scrutiny.

This guy went after people for doing financial transactions like he did, and like he did not think that the software that the banks used had not evolved to better spot such transactions.

Oh by the way any time you move money, you may trip the filters, it is just when the trips keep adding up or are going to the same place.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2008 06:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On one hand, I don't really care if a politician is humping a prostitute as long they're paying for it with their own money. Their sex life doesn't really have much to do with their ability to perform their job.

On the other hand, this guy paid $4,300 to get laid once. This does not give me warm fuzzy feelings about his ability to make intelligent decisions about money. I mean... she's cute and all, but she's not $4,300 worth of cute. I don't even want to know how much he'd wind up paying for a military spec toilet seat [Roll Eyes]

I also don't understand why the wives always stand by these guys. Just once I'd like to see the wife bitch slap the guy for cheating on her, take the microphone and announce that she's going to file for a divorce the moment the press conference is over.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2008 10:35      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had such high hopes for this guy. I guess I should have known the bluster was likely hiding a number of skeletons. There have been a number of minor scandals in his administration leading up to this one, though nothing prior involved Spitzer directly as far as I know. What makes me ill is how the whole business was immediately political. The *Republical* governers conference (WTF?) started shrieking for him to resign, the Republican leaders of the state legislature threatened impeachment, Republican, Republican, Republican. Can't we just once let a guy self-destruct on his own without trying to score political points? Stop trying out to pop caps in the opposing team's players' asses and run the fscking government for the love of fsck!

Aw, crap, now I've gone and gotten myself all worked into a lather.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted March 13, 2008 16:26      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh - serves 'im right for spending that much on a prostitute without going through approved competitive bidding process.

Forget the Constitution - why are Usanians so preoccupied with their politicians' sex lives? A little office nookie causes stock market spikes and Constitutional crises? WTF? The only Canadian politician in recent memory whose sex life drew any public interest at all was the late Rt Hon. Pierre Trudeau, and his romantic life actually was interesting. Even Ontario Health minister Hon. George Smitherman's announcement of his plans to marry his long-time boyfriend was back-page news.

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2008 00:52      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally dont care that he bought some nooky.

The largest issue is that he was nothing but a giant hypocrite. He nailed people left and right as a prosecutor using personal dirt such as this.

Grasso's deposition included questions about sex with the secretary and a possible love child. Much of the unholy glee about the spitzer resignation and humiliation is the fact that karma came back around and rolled right over him splat.

The sheer stupidity of this act is breathtaking. Basing a campaign for governor on cleaning up corruption and then this? meh.

I saw the original press conference. His wife didnt say a word, but judging by the expression on her face I think she did want to bitch slap him. I betcha she had plenty to say in private.

Did anyone see the page for the emperors club? I read it and doubled over laughing. sigh.

hehehe, do you think they have cards like at subway where you get 5 punches and one item free?

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2008 02:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ Okay we know that this P.E.P. was known as client Nine. How is the number derived? Is it like in motorcycle racing where the more wins the more points and thus a lower number plate?

I mean this clown had to know that the banks use Software to spot money laundering, and isn't that how he put most of his defendants out of business?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture