homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » The $3-Trillion War

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The $3-Trillion War
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 05:57      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030702846.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

The American economy is teetering on the brink of the worst recession ever. The nation no longer has the money to solve its problems.

Why? Because the basic conservative in the USA has gorged at the trough of greed beyond avarice and refuses to pay the costs -- in money and manpower -- that it takes to pay for their indulgences.

Three trillion bucks is a lot of money to hand to the incompetent leadership of a failed political philosophy.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 07:26      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ CP I think that this guy missed one two or three zeros while doing his calcs.

So far 3500 hundred families have lost their principle bread winner. 10,000 have some one coming home that is no longer able to function as the bread winner.

Can the US government declare bankruptcy of its self because I don't want to pay for this BS. There is now way out of this financial nightmare,

Look around the world has their oil prices caused the price of petrol to go up like it has here?

This clown and his cohorts has pulled the plug and let the water out of the bathtub. Now we still have to bathe but the water is gone.

No CP the costs are much more than $3-trillion

Hey if we started a war against the US could we then get aide for losing?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 08:00      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wish that the poeple who wanted this war from the beginnning would pay a disproportionate share of the bill. Them and the oil companies/haliburton ect.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 15:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The really annoying thing is, Bush can't even blame the war for his financial mess.
His campaign back in 2000 was based on "spend more, cut taxes, and let the fairy-god-market take care of the bills".

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2008 18:03      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite right TFD, the war is a terrible waste by any other standard, but it is a stimulus to the American economy. Shame the same thing cannot be said about Bush's rescue package of tax cuts. Still he wouldn't be GWB if he didn't go for the dogmatically correct as opposed to the practical solution.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 12:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happened upon this Totally Reliable Intelligence Report.
(Hint: try scrolling down right to the bottom)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 16:30      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
I just wish that the poeple who wanted this war from the beginnning would pay a disproportionate share of the bill. Them and the oil companies/haliburton ect.

Oh, don't you worry.

Put Queen Hillary on the throne and you can count on a $50,000 Patriot Donation made mandatory on every firearm owned. Just ask Janet "I buried my heart at Ruby Ridge" Reno.

That fee will be "gladly" paid by any proud conservative who didn't want the "Pro Terra-Ist" label attached.

Non-compliance results in water-boarding.

How much more of a conservative patriot could one be?!?!?!?!

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture