homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » New Twist?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Twist?
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 06:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________________ Hi All

Hey I just got this one,

Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject:
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 05:58:45 -0600 (CST) (06:58 EST)

Hello,

I am very sorry for you , is a pity that this is how your life is going to
end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need of
introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you, my
duty as I am mailing you now is just to KILL you and I have to do it as I
have already been paid for that.

Someone you call a friend wants you Dead by all means, and this person
have spent a lot of money in this venture,This person came to us and told
me that he wanted you dead and he provided us with your name ,picture and
other necessary information's we needed about you. So I sent my boys to
track you down and they have carried out the necessary investigation
needed for the operation on you, and they have done that but I told them
not to kill you that I will like to contact you and see if your life is
important to you.I called my client back and ask him of your email address
which I didn't tell him what I wanted to do with it and he gave it to me
and I am using it to contact you now. As I am writing to you this mail my
men are monitoring you and they are telling me everything about you.Do you
want to Live or Die?Get back to us now if you would eb able to meet up
with our demand in other to spare your life.

WARNING: DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELLING ANYONE
BECAUSE I WILL KNOW,REMEMBER, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL WANT YOU
DEAD! I WILL EXTEND IT TO YOUR FAMILY, INCASE I NOTICE SOMETHING FUNNY
ABOUT YOUR TELLING THE SECURITY ABOUT IT BECAUSE A GOOD LOOK IS OUT YOU AT
MOMENT.

DO NOT COME OUT ONCE IT IS 7:PM UNTIL I MAKE OUT TIME TO SEE YOU AND GIVE
YOU THE TAPE OF ALL DISCUSSION WITH THE PERSON WHO WANT YOU DEAD THEN YOU
CAN USE IT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION. GOOD LUCK AS I AWAIT YOUR REPLY

________________________CP I don't think this real but if you don't see a big manure spreader show up at the Ballet you'll know.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 18:07      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny... did you edit out the following
discusion i had with the person who wanted you dead and as soon as you get
the tape, you will pay the remaining balance of $7,000. If you are not
ready for my help, then I will carry on with my job straight-up.

death spam is a new trend. This person whoever he is, is in for a lot of trouble. I just googled the email addy anf found the same bad poorly written email on someone's blog.

very sad...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 02:18      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________macmcseboy No that paragraph was not in mine. When I googled, I got no hits, however the local cops are taking complaints on all such threats.

From the MSP (Michigan State Police)

www.michigan.gov
(To Print: use your browser's print function)
Release Date: February 27, 2008
Last Update: February 27, 2008

State Police Warn of E-Mail Death Threat Hoax

Troopers at the Michigan State Police (MSP) Richmond Post wish to make the public aware of a common e-mail scam that has recently re-emerged in Southeast Michigan. The scam involves e-mails threatening the recipient's life if he or she does not contact a supposed "hit man" with banking information.

The e-mails state that the "hit man" was contacted by an associate of the recipient and asked to assassinate him or her. The e-mails continue, stating that the "hit man" does not want to kill the recipient and would be willing to spare his or her life for a large sum of money. The recipient is then asked to provide banking and personal information.

The FBI first warned of this scam in 2006, and early 2007. The FBI theorizes that this scam originates overseas.

While all threats should be taken seriously, the MSP urges people to first contact law enforcement for investigation prior to replying or sending their banking information. All persons should be aware that providing any personal information in response to an unsolicited e-mail can compromise their identity, which increases the risk of identify theft and other financial issues.

Recipients of similar e-mails are also asked to contact the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at www.ic3.gov.

Copyright 2008 State of Michigan

Now the scumbag has changed his E-Mail

From [email protected] Fri Mar 7 06:14:42 2008
X-From_: [email protected] Fri Mar 7 06:14:42 2008
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail3.myeasyfilter.com (mail3.myeasyfilter.com
[64.18.225.9]) by pop3.usol.com (8.13.3/8.13.3) with ESMTP id
m27BEbJH011788 for ; Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:14:42 -0500
Received: from po-out-1718.google.com (po-out-1718.google.com
[72.14.252.157]) by mail3.myeasyfilter.com (8.13.5/8.13.5) with ESMTP id
m27BETiZ026330 for <momans>; Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:14:32 -0500
Received: by po-out-1718.google.com with SMTP id b23so457876poe.1 for
<>; Fri, 07 Mar 2008 03:14:29 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
bh=PuBNQ7hN1RmlMX5639e4EturK8GwqMUPNfR6CwPTV+M=;
b=B3mVqcbuXaECawySJ7+5DOfv5xRXAIW0oWw1m2dbpmY4Tasz0fggIMdMM7ErcTaM+6bG1RqKpuVGFC+pTVvRDocmFF6Pcmz7QC7bpiT7H0VSHyK74NPfRL/ApvRku3BfToC/w8BJjtMywP7MAhGKtYSzFGWb2ebZDw6BcwU4fS4=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
b=WZcW5PhydDcYqJptRIFp7GaTE+6z6D2yl2yZhE/+/I9R+BZeKWwFBD0EeypjmnRgVZOUqaIibjsZZoEQKQOqb4tKlPFPsvE9e0bZzu1kn7WOyZzcWaeVuKldxcZ6e1+na77uCIC8SUYd1c6k53pvzdvzFGm1rgDZmht9uO9lKyU=
Received: by 10.141.26.18 with SMTP id d18mr309081rvj.264.1204888468854;
Fri, 07 Mar 2008 03:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.155.19 with HTTP; Fri, 7 Mar 2008 03:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:14:28 +0100

Subject:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_4206_14581975.1204888468860"
X-MyEasyFilter-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more
information
X-MailScanner-ID: m27BETiZ026330
X-MyEasyFilter-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-MyEasyFilter-MailScanner-From: [email protected]
X-Spam-Status: No
X-Evolution-Source: pop://momans email/

------=_Part_4206_14581975.1204888468860
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Are you ready to comply?

------=_Part_4206_14581975.1204888468860
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Are you ready to comply?

------=_Part_4206_14581975.1204888468860--

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 12:59      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ Have I given enough info to be able to back track this individual?

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 02:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ Hi All Again I'm still alive

Well so far the events have unfolded like this.

Contact our ISP (No help there they assume that it is a prank and will do nothing).

Contact local Sheriff they will take a complaint but because the E-Mail came from outside of their jurisdiction they will not actively pursue the complaint.

Contact Michigan State Police, referred to an Officer in a different county and advised to file complaint with IC3.gov this is supposedly the FBI computer crimes unit, so far all IC3 contacts have been of the automated variety. I do have a complaint number, but really doubt that anything is or will be done.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 12:01      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's up to you if you want to do this of course, but if it were me, I'd ask for proof that there is someone out to get me because I want to make sure he is legitimate. I would ask for a copy of the photo of me and my physical address to be e-mailed to me and see if he can produce them. If so, I'd know I have a legitimate threat on my hands and can prove to the authorities that this person means business.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 12:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't do any of the things Crawgator suggests.

These spam-scams are sent out by the million, replying to them (even if only to abuse the scammers) just puts you on a list of people who respond, you'll get much more spam after.

It's a well known scam, no-one who received these emails has ever met a grizzly end as a result, just have a good long bath and a cup of hot chocolate and forget it.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 13:12      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as I said, I would do it if it were me who got the e-mail. But then again, I have gotten some small satisfaction out of harrasing scammers. Too bad I haven't gotten one scam e-mail from Nigeria in about a year. Having said that I'll probably get one today.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2008 13:36      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's what may happen if you attempt to contact the scammers.

Not as funny as the 'Cthulhu vs Nigerian Scammers' one - but that one's disappeared from the new (cue:sinister music).

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 10, 2008 15:11      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

I needed that. Now I am inspired.

/me bookmarks the site for future reference.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 01:57      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________The MoMan here. Well it was upsetting my sleep patterns until the brother-in-law brought over his Cassull and two full cylinders of ammo. Funny that does help me sleep.

With that beast even if I miss it would not be hard to track the person, trail of poop.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture