homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Why is Canada meddling in USA politics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is Canada meddling in USA politics?
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 8 posted March 03, 2008 20:44      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/03/AR2008030302770.html?nav=hcmodule

Apparently, somebody in the Canadian diplomatic service doesn't want Obama as President and had leaked a private diplomatic conversation to the public.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I say, screw Iraq. Lets invade meddling Canada. I hear Wal-Mart is looking for extra parking spaces.

We'll make everyone from Ontario on west speak French, just out of spite. Shut down all the Tim Horton's. And make them watch the 24-hour Dudley Doo-Right Channel.

But first, we'll send Celine Dion back on a pike.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2008 02:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ CP a few years back, I was taking a break out near the loading docks where I worked. While sitting at the picnic table under the trees. A canadian trucker walked up and asked if he could sit in the shade. Grab a bench was the general reply from all present.

Many conversations ensued mostly about screwed up companies that we had worked for. Then he said "Know what NAFTA stands for?" Nope was the reply. "Well NAFTA is an acronim for { No American Factories Taking Applications }" This of course was greeted by howls of laughter.

NAFTA = No American Factories Taking Applications

It does appear that is and was the case.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2008 18:27      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One should ask, why is the USA meddling in *everyone's* politics?

CP: I'm totally with you on the Celine Dion thing, but shutting down Tim's would violate Geneva conventions.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2008 02:16      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wadda ya know, NAFTA is actually bad for some mexican businesses.
times article

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2008 04:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
I say, screw Iraq. Lets invade meddling Canada.

Yeah, because that worked so well for you septics last time [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
brainisfried
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3067

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2008 06:58      Profile for brainisfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to side with the Canadians on this one. Trying to weasel out of treaties with an ally is bad enough, but threatening to renegotiate a treaty with an oil-rich ally now is just plain stupid. I wouldn't mind seeing NAFTA simplified, it's hundreds of pages of gobbledygook, but that's not what Obama or Hillary appear to have in mind.
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2008 17:47      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
I say, screw Iraq. Lets invade meddling Canada.

Yeah, because that worked so well for you septics last time [Wink]
First,

We won't have George W. Bush lead the invasion.

Second I think we have a better plan this time.

We happen to have very good relations to a CAPTAIN in the Canadian services. And we are currently in negotiations to BUY him for two cases of Labatt's.

Next, me and Mo_Man are going to target the center of all Canadian Culture: The Windsor Ballet.

Since Canadians fancy themselves as "Culture Monkeys" we will have them by the balls.

This plan will come off without a hitch.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 03:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ We goana flatten the place or take it, that will help me decide what to do with all this manure laced (cow poop) fertiliser, its nastier than just fertiliser, ain't nobody goana want me to push the button.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 06, 2008 04:39      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This plan will come off without a hitch.

Just make sure your signs are both in French and English if you don't want to run afoul of the Ontario Provincial Police!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 05:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ Damn Ottawa Govt.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

brainisfried
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3067

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 06:19      Profile for brainisfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Careful, those sneaky Canadians are full of surprises:
http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 07:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ The Blue Water Bridge at Port Huron/Sarnia is the best location, because 130 garbage trucks a day carry trash from the London area to land fills in Genesee and Shiawassee Counties. I don't think they'll notice a big tractor pulling a liquid Manure fertilizer spreader. Even the smell won't tip them off, and the dogs will want to roll in it, at least all of the farm dogs around here do once we get it spread, God it stinks.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 12:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
______________________ We goana flatten the place or take it, that will help me decide what to do with all this manure laced (cow poop) fertiliser, its nastier than just fertiliser, ain't nobody goana want me to push the button.

Doesn't that count as biological warfare?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 14:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheMoMan wrote:
that will help me decide what to do with all this manure laced (cow poop) fertiliser, its nastier than just fertiliser, ain't nobody goana want me to push the button.

I think I found your long lost cousin

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 02:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ Xanthine I had two skids of Urea Nitrate that went hard in the bags, That is tough to use its almost like cement. So when I mentioned it the brothers They have a big dairy herd, they said to bring it down cut off the bags ant throw it in the big tank. This is one huge septic tank, must be two or three million gallons in there.

So now I am getting down to crunch time either put it on the field before the thaw or wait until plowing time. If it was human waste it would be bio haz. but not cow poop. You know when I put up those "ORGANIC FERTILIZER USED ON THESE FIELDS" signs even the snow mobilelers stopped trespassing.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2008 13:11      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________________ CP I may be slow responding to the Ballet thing I have to take care of some snot nosed kid, who thinks threating people is fun. I also had to get my permit renewed, just in case.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture