homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Waterboarding Cows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waterboarding Cows
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2008 17:49      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read into the article a bit and you'll see where the meat plant workers would shoot water up the nostrils of the cows.

Now, if it's torturing cows, how come the behavior isn't considered torture when applied to people?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/30/undercover.slaughter.video/

Inquiring minds want to know!

(OK, inquisitional minds want to know, you know?)

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 00:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you trying to protect terrorists?

Those cows confessed to involvement in the 911 attack, the Madrid bombing, and the assassinations of JFK and Lincoln.

Yup, they were members of Al-Cowda.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 03:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ The rule is if the cow won,t walk the length of the ramp it can't get into school lunches. I wouldn't eat the school lunchs either.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 04:03      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waterboarding is only torture if the cows do it to us and not if we do it to them.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 13:05      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading the article I came upon Food Safety and Inspection Service, otherwise known as FSIS, which is way to easily associated with feces. At least the way I said it to myself in my head.

They might want to consider changing that name.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 16:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ I am in no way trying to condone the actions many of you have seen from the video provided by the SPCA. I feel that it is water boarding, I also know how stupid the walk rule is, lets say you have a cow that steps into a ground hogs burrow, and breaks one of its legs. You have two choices. kill it on the spot and bury the remains or take it into your own barn and butcher it your self. No Slaugther house will accept a non walking cow, because they have to close down and decontaminate their whole operation. MAD COW desease has the USDA running scared, if it can not walk some distance on its own then it must be turned away.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2008 12:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________________ Well they might as well board up and change owners reopen and claim we are not responsable, nosirere bob.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080201/NEWS04/80201018/1006/NEWS01

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture