homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Tax Cutters Kill Iowa Combat Veteran

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tax Cutters Kill Iowa Combat Veteran
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 2 posted January 22, 2008 17:59      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/11640976.html

I hope that last beer your tax cut paid for was worth it.

Let's hear "Support our Troops" one more time.

The disgrace of conservatism, like water, continues to seek the lowest possible point.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 22, 2008 18:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad stuff.

We really have to turn the focus of this civilization of ours towards caring for people instead of greed. It is so disappointing to find this world is still so messed up, and even more so, than when I was a kid and believed the future would be a better place for everyone.

Star Trek Federation anyone? [Geek]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 03:59      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________________ I am greatful I got out with most of my sanity and the ability to work. There are times I have to go off alone, but those are getting fewer.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 06:39      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you expect from a government that bills injured soldiers for the boots they left behind on the battlefield?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 09:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Advocates for the mentally ill say it's hard to help when people refuse treatment."

I don't follow...nowhere in the article did it say that /he/ refused treatment. The article /did/ say that he was refused treatment by two places. Perhaps this is a prior event, but for it to be an accurate report, it should say as much...or that sentence should have been left out.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Red Five
Maximum Newbie
Member # 6537

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 09:49      Profile for Red Five     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone describe to me just how tax cuts and conservatism are at fault for this? If memory serves, the VA often has...issues with cases such as this, regardless of who occupies the White House. So some explanation of Colonel Panic's remarks would be...enlightening.
Posts: 16 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Red Five
Maximum Newbie
Member # 6537

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 10:00      Profile for Red Five     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed sad. Unfortunately, a Gene Roddenberry type of utopian society is impossible. It depends on changes to human nature that are not possible for mere humans to make. There is an answer, but most of the people who post on these forums are rather vocally against it.

quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Sad stuff.

We really have to turn the focus of this civilization of ours towards caring for people instead of greed. It is so disappointing to find this world is still so messed up, and even more so, than when I was a kid and believed the future would be a better place for everyone.

Star Trek Federation anyone? [Geek]

Posts: 16 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture